Don't Do This!!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Default Don't Do This!!!!

This is the kind of open carry that got all open carry banned in California. There is absolutely no reason to open carry a rifle slung over your shoulder into a JC Penny store. The "because its legal" argument doesn't hold water with me. If you feel the need to open carry then why would a holstered pistol not suffice? Or why do you not have a concealed carry permit and do that (if a permit is required)? Before you start fragging me, I don't even thing that cops should be carrying their rifles into a JC Penny store unless there has been an established threat. Sidearms are fine, but the rifle is just some douchebag trying to make out like he is a mucho macho hombre, and he is anything but that. Much the opposite in fact.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-carries-assault-rifle-penney-article-1.1242834?localLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_p icks=true

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 01-19-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Forgot the link!
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7787 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 9764

Personally, I don't like open carry at all. I think it sometimes smacks of a "look at me" attitude. That's just my personal opinion. But I am a very low profile person who prefers to slip by unnoticed for the most part. Particularly when it comes to controversial things. You'll rarely see me post political or religious opinions. I'm not a "look at me" sort of person.

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Personally, I don't like open carry at all. I think it sometimes smacks of a "look at me" attitude. That's just my personal opinion. But I am a very low profile person who prefers to slip by unnoticed for the most part. Particularly when it comes to controversial things. You'll rarely see me post political or religious opinions. I'm not a "look at me" sort of person.
I don't think it should ever be a look at me attitude. Why make yourself or those around you the first target,

Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6548 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

I don't believe in open carry. And this jackass is just one of the many reasons that open carry turns me off.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #5

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I don't believe in open carry. And this jackass is just one of the many reasons that open carry turns me off.
Ditto
Echo that
Samo here
Agree
Big +1
Tru dat
Feel ya

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

To me it puts a target on you. First person to take out.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6548 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6194

If a person has to show off what a resl badass he is, let him enlist and show the Taliban how bad he is.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Ooops. I forgot the link. I corrected that- and here it is again http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-carries-assault-rifle-penney-article-1.1242834?localLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_p icks=true

The dude actually looks very much like the bagger at the grocery store I go to. Larry is a great guy, has Downs syndrome and does his job extremely well. Not the kind of guy I would want carrying an AR though (but I do know he would never hurt a fly).

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #9

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It's idiots like this that give ammunition to the Gun Control Activists.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #10

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 732

Seriously? A rifle in JC Penny? I would NEVER want to attract that much attention to myself. I guarantee you, if I ever feel a need to carry a rifle into a store, (other than a gun shop or range), there will not be any stores to shop at.

Although, I do suspect that in very specific places and times, OC is OK. In general, I'll pass.

Closed Thread