Done with NRA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Done with NRA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1578 Times on 1076 Posts
Likes Given: 544

I don't get that much mail from the NRA (snail or electronic). I am overwhelmed by messages from GOA. For the past six months I get several letters saying Hilary is going to take my guns. Yet, the senate sent a letter to the UN with over sixty signatures saying the ATT is DOA.

GRNC (NC local gun rights org) is nothing but a bundler for tea party candidates. I am not going to send my hard earned cash to them. In the Republican primary GRNC did everything they could to make Thom Tillis to appear anti gun. Now that Tillis is the nominee GRNC is going to have to eat their words unless they want to see Kay Hagan reelected. Tillis did strip the bill to allow concealed carry in places that serve alcohol because the bill wouldn't have passed as it was written. He gave the Democrats something to get a bill passed that has failed for at least 8 years straight. Tea party supporters and candidates have no clue how politics works. They want it all right now or nothing, a losing strategy.

NC is a big state with over 10 million residents yet there are very few candidates that I can't find people who know them personally. Judges are the only candidates I have problems finding people who are willing to talk about them. I don't need GRNC to feed me a bunch of bull. If I want to hear lies I can head to the local watering hole, at least the lies are entertaining.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In the old days, before the internet, your mail box would be bombarded with these same "urgent" pamphlets from Wayne La Pierre, and phone calls to your home phone,.....now it's e-mail. The unwanted solicitation is a pain in the ass.

I would like to see a more localized membership structure, where members in our community could meet face to face and contribute based on state and local policy issues as well, not just the national lobbying machine.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdrduck View Post
What got me is they sent me a training video and told me if I kept it to send them $, if not I had to send it back to them. I didn't ask for them to send me anything. I just rejoined a few months ago and they are already trying to get me to renew. Agree with the cause, don't like the fluff.
They did me the same way. I paid for the first one and kept it. Then they sent me another one, and I paid for it. Then they sent me bills for two more that I never received. Then they kept sending me "reminders" for more video's I hadn't received. So I sent them a letter telling them not to send any more videos because I was not receiving them.
Also, I get emails, phone calls, and junk mail 3 or 4 times a week, telling me that if I don't send them money I will have the feds show up at my house, confiscate all my guns and related property, shoot my wife and my son, etc.
Sometimes I think they encourage politicians to submit anti-gun bills so they will have something to scare us with.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #14

Liked 492 Times on 337 Posts

I agree with all that being said I am getting tired of all the literature free DVDs that they send you asking for money but no money to keep this first free DVD free of charge.
And yes I just didn't feel like mailing it back I haven't even watched it but then the letters keep, and please send it back. So I did eventually send it back but I still keep getting those darn letters obviously it cost somebody money on this free shipping stamps come on.
Sometimes I feel my money is just being spent on the US Postal Service.
I'm starting to think that there's better organizations to put my money in.
I've only been a member for a couple years now has it always been like this?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
I agree with all that being said I am getting tired of all the literature free DVDs that they send you asking for money but no money to keep this first free DVD free of charge.
And yes I just didn't feel like mailing it back I haven't even watched it but then the letters keep, and please send it back. So I did eventually send it back but I still keep getting those darn letters obviously it cost somebody money on this free shipping stamps come on.
Sometimes I feel my money is just being spent on the US Postal Service.
I'm starting to think that there's better organizations to put my money in.
I've only been a member for a couple years now has it always been like this?
Amen. In addition to the NRA, I foolishly joined the Republican National Committee (RNC). I also get phone calls, emails, and junk mail for them. And when I get a phone call asking for money, even if I tell them "No", they send me a form stating that I pledged $104". I send them a letter back saying I didn't pledge anything. I get a form in return mail stating that I pledged $104. I am sorry I ever bothered with it. They never want me to distribute campaign posters, nor put up signs for candidates, etc. All they want from me is money.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

I get email all the time and mail at least once a week, last year I contributed over $300.00 to the NRA and they still call me, actually its down right aggravating, But I am like others that have mentioned above, theres nobody else with the power or Initiative they have to keep fighting for us, I can't just ignore them.

I guess I will put up with the little bit of crap that goes with it, I just hope I am not the only one who feels this way.

What's worst then this is somebody complaining about gun rights and they don't support anybody except there damn mouth!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 769 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 225

The NRA gets some support from each mailing. Wayne has responded to this BS complaint by asking for support when you can and toss it when you can't.
I never saw so much girly whining over such a trivial matter.
Due to the NRA and it's members like myself, I still have my firearms.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5692 Times on 3217 Posts
Likes Given: 5085

There's nothing wrong with JPFO, GOA, GOAL, CCRKBA etc.

But all of the put together do not have even one percent of the political clout that the NRA has.

I've been a life member since I was 13 YO. (1957)

I became an endowment member in 1974

I did not, and will not, give them my e-mail.

I just pitch the snail mail.

Without the NRA, there would be no 2A at all within 20 years.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
The NRA gets some support from each mailing. Wayne has responded to this BS complaint by asking for support when you can and toss it when you can't.
I never saw so much girly whining over such a trivial matter.
Due to the NRA and it's members like myself, I still have my firearms.
your right 25-5, but the NRA needs to come up with a system where they stop calling members all the time, especially members that contribute all the time. It makes some people mad, so I understand that, but we should never bail out and quit... I would never quit the NRA, really there's nobody like them fighting for us the way they do.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
locutus Likes This 
Old 05-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1927 Times on 1335 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
your right 25-5, but the NRA needs to come up with a system where they stop calling members all the time, especially members that contribute all the time. It makes some people mad, so I understand that, but we should never bail out and quit... I would never quit the NRA, really there's nobody like them fighting for us the way they do.
Brother... This is how we roll... The more you give, the more is asked of you
People Like This