To Donate to the NRA or not? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > To Donate to the NRA or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 690 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I am a member of the NRA. I like getting the American Rifleman mag every month and reading articles about guns, etc. I don't want to get anyone angry, though I know I will. The NRA is in the business of making money and they are going to do it by any means that is avaiable to them. One example that I cannot get over is a political mail out I got last summer. I checked every reference they had in this letter, and every point they were trying to make was misquoted from a speech or just a flat lie. I can't in full faith believe much the NRA says. They get my annual dues, that's enough.
cottontop Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #32

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Yeah, everybody "donate more." Wayne baby needs a new $2000 suit.
CT
quickly, send in your Union dues ... the reps need a new Cadillac to drive around in

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
People Like This 
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #33
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8551 Times on 5102 Posts
Likes Given: 11178

I know the NRA is our biggest lobbyist in regards to our 2A rights. I just haven't been convinced that is where I want to send my money. I have not joined the NRA yet. The time may come. Or I may opt to support a different group. I just don't know yet. I don't like that the NRA wastes so much money sending out renewal notices when it seems like members have just signed up. I don't like my money wasted with unnecessary mailings. I have read many NRA pros and cons threads here on FTF. I haven't been convinced enough to join. I read good things the NRA does then I read the negative.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #34

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I gave a membership for Christmas and donated much to them for the elections. I also donate the minimum to every group (NRA, NRA-ILA, NRA-PVF...) every single time they ask. Every time. Latest? They sent me a Range Bag, I guess for some 2012 donation, though I always decline their gifts -- there was a letter and an envelope with a minimum suggested $10 donation they got yesterday.

You people need to stop being such cheapskates and pretending it is principle-based. It's embarrassing, especially these days, most especially if you and/or your family has income. I know an ex (that's right -- EX) Marine who donated $2,000 to Hussein Obama's campaign because "he's done so much for the military."

Sorry, but wake up fools -- they are our only defense!
People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #35

Liked 430 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 1582

I dont know why this is even a question.

OF COURSE WE SHOULD DONATE TO THE NRA!!!!!
its the biggest representtive we have!

I just donated 100 bucks a few minutes ago.
and 100 bucks last week.
and 200- or 300 in december.

Check out my sig please

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 01-28-2013 at 12:33 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7313 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7091

A lot of folks didn't like Ronmey, so we got Obama.

Don't like the NRA??? Maybe you'll like the Feinstein bill!

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #37

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So stupid. If you read the list of multi million dollar movie stars and companies that support gun control and you won't help or join the NRA because they waste money?
Your taxes support gun control every movie ticket you buy goes to gun control. And yes every damn Sara Lee cookie you eat goes to gun control. The NRA does not have billion dollar backers or big Union dues pouring in.
If you don't want to help us fight this war with a few bucks don't. We have won before with a few dedicated gun owners and we will again.
People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #38

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I gave a membership for Christmas and donated much to them for the elections. I also donate the minimum to every group (NRA, NRA-ILA, NRA-PVF...) every single time they ask. Every time. Latest? They sent me a Range Bag, I guess for some 2012 donation, though I always decline their gifts -- there was a letter and an envelope with a minimum suggested $10 donation they got yesterday.

You people need to stop being such cheapskates and pretending it is principle-based. It's embarrassing, especially these days, most especially if you and/or your family has income. I know
Quote:
an ex (that's right -- EX) Marine
who donated $2,000 to Hussein Obama's campaign because "he's done so much for the military."

Sorry, but wake up fools -- they are our only defense!
Why such a pronounced EX
I ask because theres no such animal & I take exception to it --
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I'm astonished by those that so not support the NRA especially now. Legislation is not like the flu. There will be no anti-idiotic to make it go away.

The NRA is not perfect, yes they are more like a business, but they are in the best position to protect our rights. YOUR rights.

Instead of b$&@hing about movie stars and others put your money where you mouth is.

Pulling together now to prevent stupid feel good legislation is a better investment than hoarding ammo. In fact it hopefully will make hoarding unnecessary.
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #40

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Why such a pronounced EX
I ask because theres no such animal & I take exception to it --
I'm guessing bc he donated to Obama.