Dog attack - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Dog attack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I hear you about the problem with people "dropping off" unwanted dogs/cats. If caught, in our county, it's jail time 1st offense. I'm all for it, only a coward mistreats, people and animals.
Glad to hear you folks are doing the right thing, .

Old 10-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #32

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've thrown a rock through a windshield of a car I caught dropping off a dog. I hate that crap. In a lot of places it's jail time now, like in your county.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #33

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default dog attacks/feral dogs, etc

I've been living in TX and OK area for over fifty years and I have never seen a 'true" pack of feral dogs. All the years out hunting, walking,and even all my older age hunting buddies have never came across a pack of aggressive feral dogs, ever. I am not disputing that the "packs" could be out there, but they must be far and few in between, around here. Most of the time, people dump a dog, the animal gets dispatched in a way that it didn't deserve. These types of cowardly folks need jail time, about 3months in the county per incident.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2067 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 3105

Quote:
If caught, in our county, it's jail time 1st offense.

The key words are, If caught. Animal dumpers here are seldom caught. i've lived in this part of OK for 26 years and never heard of anyone ever being charged with abandoning a dog. i know of a few scumbags who were charged with cruelty to animals for starving their pets, horses and cattle.

Last edited by alsaqr; 10-06-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #35

We have 3 Great Danes 120-140 lbs, 70 lb Boxer, and a pissed off Chihuahua. Bring 'em on.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Feral dogs are a SERIOUS problem!! They revert to their wild ways but without the natural fear of humans...a VERY dangerous combo.

Not always true. Dogs will revert to their wild ways and pack up. A pack of feral dogs is more dangerous than a pack of wild wolves for reasons stated above.
Not entirely true most all dogs have had the inhuman and "wild ways" stake a shar pei for instance used to be one of the beat fighting dogs china or Japan has ever seen but now is so subtle it's barely a show dog in my mind. If the dog is rabid yea take care of it me personally I've seen a number of trashed out stray dogs that people have taken in and have in return became some of the best watch/guard dogs you can ask for

Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101
If I had my gun on me and a pit charged me I WOULD KILL IT WITH NO PROBLEM.
Love how you single a pit out. I'm a very avid pit breeder and I can assure you I can name 6 dogs that are labeled more of a dominant and violent dog another which I breed and people know nothing about. I've had more crap from yalls precious labs and half bred dogs than I've ever had out of the "pit" breed"

Old 10-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #38

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottohit1 View Post
Love how you single a pit out. I'm a very avid pit breeder and I can assure you I can name 6 dogs that are labeled more of a dominant and violent dog another which I breed and people know nothing about. I've had more crap from yalls precious labs and half bred dogs than I've ever had out of the "pit" breed"
While not a fan of the pit, it's a dog. That's it. Most of the issues are raising the animal and inbreeding by breeders. That goes to all breeds. I remember when it was German Shepards are man killers, then Doberman's, then Rott's. Pit's are the latest 'hate it' breed.
If someone is going to wait until a dog is close enough to identify the breed to determine their level of danger? At that point and time, you're in a hand to hand fight with a dog. Good luck with that.
Determine the threat level, and whether or not you can get out of the situation. Otherwise, do what must be done.
As far as abandoned animals? I have three cats that live in my house that were abandoned. My sheltie was left in a pen in the back yard for years, until the owner asked me if I wanted him. He's been loyal as all get out and I wouldn't trade his now old a55 for anything.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #39

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

IME, dogs are pretty fast. I'm lucky enough to have never been

attacked by a dog, but if it happened, I would likely use the

gun to block, and use it as a club. I'm not sure I could accurately

aim as quickly as everybody else here with more dog attack

experience...

Old 10-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #40
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottohit1 View Post
Its NOT the breed its the idiot HUMAN!!

That being said, it seems the idiot human and the attitude/life style that goes with pits is the problem!

**disclaimer**
i know only too well NOT all folks are like this...

Funny story that goes with OP...

Some years back, when training my 100 lb lab. I was riding my bike down the street. Champ (my dog) loping along beside me on his retractable 25' leash. Well this ugly @$$ fuzzy mutt with a piss poor attitude comes charging off a guys porch. All of a sudden i am stuck with a dog fight. (Champ has never been a wilting flower and will DIE before he allows ANYTHING near me...he once took on a 150 lb rot AND a 70 lb lab and whooped 'em both) I look up at the porch and the fat unkempt POS redneck lounging there and i yell "Take control of your damn dog!". His response? Sit of his fat @$$ and laugh at me. I then yell back at him "FINE, YOU WONT CONTROL YOUR FILTHY BEAST.. I WILL!!" as i am drawing the 1911 off my side and lining up the sights.

I have never seen a fat useless redneck move so fast in my life....he came off that porch squealing like a stuck hog. AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!