Do you really support the Second Amendment? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do you really support the Second Amendment?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Why should I register my guns?

The “why” is the question, sense no where in our history sense our very own independence have we been required to register any personal weapon until the anti-rights people started showing their asses in the 20th century. They use differing reasons to support their attacks on our rights. One being that it is reasonable to register your personally owned weapons.

Well I say show me in the Constitution where it gives then authority to require me to register something directly related to my God given right to own, buy, sell, carry and use. With the twisted minds of the anti-gunners/anti-rights people they have again usurped authority they never had to corrupt the minds of the sheep toward the belief that it is an excepted reasonable restriction that we can live with.

I refuse to live with it myself and will not stoop so low as to except the concept of reasonable restrictions. If they can demand reasonable restriction on gun owner ship then they can demand reasonable restrictions on any right that they have no authority to govern. Here is a reasonable restriction I may be able to support and that is for the anti-gunner/anti-rights people to STFU and move to another country, I will even donate some money for their plane ticket.

So now that we have brain dead sheep in the USA who believe in reasonable restrictions that the anti-gunner/anti-rights fanatics tell them to believe in, just who is going to decide what is or what is not reasonable restrictions? Is it congress? Hell they can’t even balance their own check books nor keep their own personal lives in order so how is it that they can decide for anyone else what is reasonable or not?

Is it the brady bunch? Their visions of reasonable restrictions are total ban on any gun ownership by you and me. What about the courts? Sorry but there is no ability of the courts in the USA that can even come to a common consensus in any judgment. One says we have a right and another one turns around and says no we don’t.

In my opinion my reasonable restrictions are as valid as any one else’s. They are,

1. Every American must own no less the 10 long guns and 7 handguns of the common types that are in use by our military today.
2. Every American must keep on hand no less then 1000 rounds of ammunition for each caliber and weapon they own.
3. The government shall give to the citizens all required weapons and Ammunitions.
4. Every person shall carry no less then one-hand gun concealed with adequate amounts of ammunition to fire said weapon no less then 24 times.
5. If persons have religious beliefs that conflict with said requirements then they can either comply or leave the country.
Now this is reasonable restriction to me and my restrictions are no less valid then anyone else’s.

opaww

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yunus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: |,Maryland
Posts: 4,774
Liked 1089 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Default

Quote:
In my opinion my reasonable restrictions are as valid as any one else’s. They are,

1. Every American must own no less the 10 long guns and 7 handguns of the common types that are in use by our military today.
2. Every American must keep on hand no less then 1000 rounds of ammunition for each caliber and weapon they own.
3. The government shall give to the citizens all required weapons and Ammunitions.
4. Every person shall carry no less then one-hand gun concealed with adequate amounts of ammunition to fire said weapon no less then 24 times.
5. If persons have religious beliefs that conflict with said requirements then they can either comply or leave the country.
Now this is reasonable restriction to me and my restrictions are no less valid then anyone else’s.
Well I do take issue with these "restrictions". You see I'm about to be a father in a few weeks. I don't want my 2 day old daughter to be required to carry a handgun with a minimum of 24 rounds of ammunition on her person the day she leaves the hospital. I really don't want her handling handguns until my wife and I decide she is ready, maybe she will be 4, maybe she will be 12, I don't know yet.

I also think that if the founders wanted the 2A to be the most important never taken away right they would have put it at the top of the constitution and they would have worded it more clearly. Although the order of the amendments does not equate to a hierarchy, I do think they put 1A at the top for a reason.

I believe you are asking for Communism when you say the government shall give to the citizens all required weapons and ammunition. How is that different than healthcare? It would have to be paid for by taxes and every citizen would get theirs, they don't have to pay taxes to get their guns all they have to do is be a citizen. By the way, anchor babies are citizens to, they get guns and ammo.

By taking such an extreme and absolute view of the 2A you alienate many many people. I would rather improve our existing gun rights than take a view that is all or none and end up losing the rights we currently have.
__________________

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Yunus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

The issue is not we should do this but an opinion as to what is reasonable restrictions, sense no one is qualified to speak on the behalf of all Americans we must make the stand against all violations of rights. No violations of God given rights are acceptable, and if we start excepting some one else's version of reasonable then I will pursue my version to be forced on everyone because others are forcing theirs on me.

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I believe you are asking for Communism when you say the government shall give to the citizens all required weapons and ammunition.
It's not communism but rather it is government provided welfare
__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Normal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, and I will defend that. But you need to show me where these statements you made are privileges and not a right are. Along with the people kept weapons in central armory's until they needed them.

This is exactly what this debate is about the "I support the 2A except". You should remember that a privilege can be taken away for no reason at all by the government and that is any government regardless of it is federal, state, or city. A right cannot be taken away unless the populace is to chicken **** to make a stand against it.

Just to make something clear about me, is that I am not here in this world, and on this board to appease anyone, I neither bow to others nor do I sheep to social excepted beliefs. I will lay down my rights only when I am dead and then it will not matter.

The statement you made is exactly why we got so ****ed up beliefs in this country and the very reason why we keep loosing rights. Because of the "but" that you believe in.
You guys all had great responses and I appreciate them all. I will try to address some of the things you all brought up...

The tread started with a simple question. "Do you support..." and my Honest to god answer is "YES", period. I just decided to interject a secondary opinion on some semi-related topics. Please don’t read into that as me saying "but".

I should have been more clear when I stated that the thing I see as privileges are not registering firearms...etc. What I meant by that is that I SEE them as privileges. not that they are to every single person. You might see them as a right... congrats! I have no quorums with the way you see it. I have never fought in any war, nor have I ever introduced any bill to congress. So who am I to claim that I have a right to anything. These great rights, to you are all privileges for me because I have never had to spill/shed blood to defend them. Once I do, then I will consider saying that I have earned those rights, but I don't consider an debates in on-line forums a cambat situation that awards me that title. Again, it's all perception. No disrespect to any of you.

To say that a statement I made is the reason that beliefs are so ****ed up in this country and the reason we keep losing rights is flattering that you think my opinion influences so many, but the sad fact is that I do not influence the minions you describe. In my local community of AZ we are extending gun owners rights. 3 new laws have been signed in by the governor and another is to come. All of which enhance the rights of gun owners... So, here, where people actually hear my statements, we are not losing any rights. I have no idea how you came up with your last paragraph.
__________________
Normal is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Normal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
It's not communism but rather it is government provided welfare
Call it whatever you want... I think it's an AMAZING idea!
__________________
Normal is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Rights are God given

Privileges are earned.

__________________
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Normal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Rights are God given

Privileges are earned.
You have the right to bear arms because of God?
__________________
Normal is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #49
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
You have the right to bear arms because of God?
Another term, and one used by many of the Framers, was "Natural Rights". Read John Locke and Cicero for details.

Living organisms do what they can to defend themselves when threatened with mortal danger. To have one group of humans deprive a larger group of humans the right to own firearms to level the playing field and give them a fighting chance against someone or something who means them harm is unnatural and wrong. Actually, capitulating to that dumb-ass idea is unnatural and wrong.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Support the SEALS vid Gatekeeper Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 01-18-2010 06:21 AM
HR 615 Looks like a bill we need to support. Last Crow Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 11-21-2009 04:00 PM
Ranger Up & ASP Support The 2nd Amendment opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 08-05-2009 09:49 PM
Need your support Imapizon Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 04-01-2009 08:38 PM