Do ya get tired? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do ya get tired?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7681 Times on 4219 Posts
Likes Given: 7392

Even though it was a tragedy that brought him into the spotlight, Chris Kyle's life, and the lives of people like him, give me a glimmer of hope for the future.

Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus. And there really are patriotic American heroes today. They're not just in history books!

God's speed and God bless, Petty Officer Kyle. And God bless America.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”[IMG] Admiral Bull Halsey

Stop the population explosion. Make war, not love :D
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #22

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Who's fighting, I just do what I want to do and don't say much about it and if the government feels like they need to do something about it then what happens just happens.
Just live your life the way you want to live it as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and if they try and stop you then you FIGHT and die if need be but that's simply the price of being free.

This is the War Room!"

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #23

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank
Who's fighting, I just do what I want to do and don't say much about it and if the government feels like they need to do something about it then what happens just happens.
Just live your life the way you want to live it as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and if they try and stop you then you FIGHT and die if need be but that's simply the price of being free.
Kind of a head in the sand approach ???
LUBrowningBoy Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #24

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I've been sick and tired of it for the past 20 years, but I keep swinging anyway.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #25

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Kind of a head in the sand approach ???
Not at all. It's totally a "live and let live" approach. If I want to do something that doesn't hurt anyone else then who's business is it anyway. Just because the government makes a law against it doesn't mean it's right for them to do so and it doesn't make it wrong for me to do so.
I could say what these things are(or were) but why incriminate myself. I just think the government has gotten too large and they stick their nose into too many folks business. They need to just stay in D.C. and not worry about folks as long as they're not hurting anyone.
This is the War Room!"

Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #26

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Yes, I have grown tired of it all...

I will continue to support the NRA, GOA and other pro 2A organizations. They are our 'boots on the ground', I'm pretty sure most of us here don't have the time to be able to make lobbying a full time job...

I will continue to write my representatives. I will continue to pass along to them well thought out responses whether it be a copy and paste or some musings from my own mind. Even though I ALWAYS get back the same BS cookie cutter responses, wonder if any of my contrubutions ever get read, or even opened, I'll keep hammering away...

I won't 'debate' some ignorant, misinformed anti-rights asshat, there is no cure for cognitive dissonance. I will however be more than happy to answer honest questions from people who are truly after knowledge and want to make their own decisions based on fact and not what the TV tells them to think. People like this are in very short supply...

I'm at the point where I'll just let the chips fall where they may. If new legislation somehow makes ME a criminal with the stroke of a pen, then so be it. I'VE DRAWN MY LINE IN THE SAND!!!! I know right from wrong, I know what limitations I consider reasonable and constitutional and some G*d damn bed wetting liberal law WILL NOT dictate to me what I can and cannot do!!!

We're all frustrated, tired and angry from being constantly lumped in with the criminal element, stereotyped and belittled for our love of firearms...but onward and upward. If it's not worth fighting for, it's not worth having. Those who do nothing , deserve nothing

*rant over*
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Been thinkin' lately,(dangerous for me), do you think that maybe with the influx of immigrants that were afraid of their own environment, came here thinking they would be safe, but in reality brought with them the VERY reason for their leaving in the first place?
That would be their own weakened thought processes due to being subjected to a tyrannical government/authority. Having been at the very least mentally beaten, they finally escape to here, and then think this land will keep them safe, without having the need to protect it?
I came across this: ..the U.S. population in the year 2000 is projected to be 8.8 million (3.3 percent) larger than it would have been if there had been no net immigration after July 1, 1991. This figure would increase to 21 million by 2010, and 49 million by 2030. By the middle of the next century, the U.S. population may include 82 million post-1991 immigrants and their descendants, or 21 percent of the population. As natural increase declines, the compounding impact of immigration on the U.S. population growth would increase each year. In 1992, about 33 percent of the growth in the population would be caused by net immigration. By the turn of the century, net immigration would account for over 60 percent of the post-1991 population increase. Eventually, about 93 percent of the population growth during the year 2050 may be due to post-1991 net immigration.
U.S. Bureau of the Census, Current Population Reports, P-25-1092, GPO, December 1992

The Census Bureau report was from 1992, and at that time Harry Reid was trying to limit the immigration numbers to around 300,000 net per year. I believe the 2010 projected numbers are very close to right.
I am just trying to find a correlation to the continuing perceived assault to our rights, the increase of pressure to allow illegal immigration, and the pressures on our financial situations.
More than likely I'm WAY off base, but thought this may be some of the reasons for the continuing attacks to our Constitution.
Thoughts?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I know the founding fathers warned us that eternal vigilance is the price of freedon.

But do ya ever get tired of having to fight for your basic, fundamental human rights every f##king day of your life???
Tired of it all across the board, privately and publicly. However the realization that basic Americans don't have a clue to what they're priviledge in enjoying daily - (while it lasts) - and won't care if they lose it, continues to dumbfound me to a degree of exasperation.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #29

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Not at all. It's totally a "live and let live" approach. If I want to do something that doesn't hurt anyone else then who's business is it anyway. Just because the government makes a law against it doesn't mean it's right for them to do so and it doesn't make it wrong for me to do so.
I could say what these things are(or were) but why incriminate myself. I just think the government has gotten too large and they stick their nose into too many folks business. They need to just stay in D.C. and not worry about folks as long as they're not hurting anyone.
Owning a 30 round magazine doesn't hurt anyone...nor does just shooting an AR-15 for fun.....

But NY has made both of those illegal...The government doesn't have the same "live and let live" approach as you do.

Even you have said that the gov't sticks their nose where it doesn't belong...well, if you don't fight them yourself, can you really count on everyone else to do it FOR you?

I suggest that you rethink your position....