Do ya get tired? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Do ya get tired?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I know the founding fathers warned us that eternal vigilance is the price of freedon.

But do ya ever get tired of having to fight for your basic, fundamental human rights every f##king day of your life???
Tired of fighting for them
Tired of reading about them
Tired of hearing about them
Tired of having to worry about them

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8165 Times on 4466 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

Yeah, we have no choice but to fight. I guess I just can't understand "the other side."

How can so many people hate freedom and the constitution as much as we love them?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Yeah, we have no choice but to fight. I guess I just can't understand "the other side."

How can so many people hate freedom and the constitution as much as we love them?
Government drones--
They NEED to be told whats good for them

Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #14

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The left is not opposed to guns or gun ownership. They are however opposed to "Who" owns firearms. Can you imagine if Wayne LaPierre came out with a picture of him holding a gun? The Left wing media would go crazy. Obama however pictured with a shotgun is a good thing.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #15

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Sometimes it does get monotonous and it feels like I shouldn't have to work at it...then I just remember that if I don't, who will? Should I ljust sit here watching the T.V. while all those soldiers' and patriots' lives go to waste?

That usually gives me a second wind.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #16

Liked 231 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 53

With any bad thing in life there often is a good side to it,like when you meet a fellow pro gunner in a world of liberals,it's a warm friendly feeling.And also it's good to get a good laugh out of what the gun control advocates say and think,I know it's a serious matter but I do laugh alot at their theology..I think they really do believe in unicorns at the end of the rainbow..
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Sometimes it does get monotonous and it feels like I shouldn't have to work at it...then I just remember that if I don't, who will? Should I ljust sit here watching the T.V. while all those soldiers' and patriots' lives go to waste?

That usually gives me a second wind.
Don't think anyone is saying to stop--
Just dead azz weary of having to fight, worry ect to try & hold on to the very same rights we should NOT have to do all that for AGAIN & AGAIN
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8165 Times on 4466 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Don't think anyone is saying to stop--
Just dead azz weary of having to fight, worry ect to try & hold on to the very same rights we should NOT have to do all that for AGAIN & AGAIN

That's it exactly, Hoss.

We shouldn't need to battle every day for the very basic human rights that our forefathers took for granted.

We especially shouldn't have to fight our fellow Americans.

I guess this is a function of getting old, but I grow weary of this. I'll fight 'til my dying breath, but I shouldn't need to.
People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #19

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

That's it exactly, Hoss.

We shouldn't need to battle every day for the very basic human rights that our forefathers took for granted.

We especially shouldn't have to fight our fellow Americans.

I guess this is a function of getting old, but I grow weary of this. I'll fight 'til my dying breath, but I shouldn't need to.
This battle we talk about everyday on this forum is important for sure, but its only a battle in a much larger and longer lasting war. My family has a very long history of gun ownership and gun smithing and many lived in a time when one could do pretty much what they pleased. Fast forward to today, most of us with more than a few years behind us have lived to see many limits and laws placed/proposed on what we hold to be important aspects of our lives. The current fight to preserve our right to do what we love is probably more important than ever though, as the the very foundation of the 2A has come under fire. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm trying to make the point that we shouldn't feel as if any victory in our time is a victory for the ages, its just a stepping stone. I often think about the next generation of Americans, now young children who are forbidden to even draw pictures of firearms in class, get suspended for bringing a water gun to school, etc.. I have kids and have read the policies in their school rule books which seems to be norm in all schools across this land. They are slowly being taught that all guns and not people are the evil do-ers. Following the gun control timeline, in 20 years there are probably going to be less and less people who care to defend these traditions given what we doing now. I don't mean to imply that all is lost, but the fight is to become tougher and tougher in my opinion and we should all be prepared for that...

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 02-04-2013 at 06:28 PM.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I haven't forgotten the oath I took over forty-five years ago and will honor it until I die. However as many of us grow older, defense of the Constitution weakens. We're losing generations that were raised in different times. The WWII and Korean War veterans are almost gone. In not that many years, we, the Vietnam generation will be gone as well or too decrepit to aid in the defense. Unless younger people carry the banner of freedom, those freedoms will be lost as surely as the sun rises.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
HOSSFLY Likes This