Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   do we really need the BATF? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/do-we-really-need-batf-45954/)

lonewolf101 07-29-2011 04:48 PM

do we really need the BATF?

Cant the FBI take over? do they have something that no other angency has?
since I have been alive they have made it a point to make gun owners look bad! and try to get the 2nd Ad. written that nobody except the Govt can own guns.

RUBY RIDGE

WACO and other raids gone WRONG.

JonM 07-29-2011 04:51 PM

just like the epa and federal dept of uneducation its not needed.

OC357 07-29-2011 05:09 PM

Probably not needed as a seperate entity.

BATF though would make the best stuff for your BOB.......Burgers - Alcohol - Tobacco - Firearms............the alcohol and tobacco would be worth it's weight in gold for barter in a SHTF situation and the Firearms would protect it.....hahaha

:D

Just some thoughts.

OC

CA357 07-29-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC357 (Post 552280)
Probably not needed as a seperate entity.

BATF though would make the best stuff for your BOB.......Burgers - Alcohol - Tobacco - Firearms............the alcohol and tobacco would be worth it's weight in gold for barter in a SHTF situation and the Firearms would protect it.....hahaha

:D

Just some thoughts.

OC

Who's bringing the chips and dip?

moonpie 07-29-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 552294)
Who's bringing the chips and dip?

i thought this thread was about the dips

KahrCarryingInfidel 07-29-2011 06:47 PM

I'm not sure the FBI could duplicate the kind of brilliant ATF leadership that conceived and executed operations like "Fast and Furious".;)

OC357 07-29-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonpie (Post 552312)
i thought this thread was about the dips

Ok then.....we will rename it as BATFD....the D for Dips....:p:D

Has a better "ring" to it....haha

OC

cmhill 07-29-2011 07:13 PM

mehh not sure if we need them or not but i will tell ya they DO make mistakes called in a customer to nics he was delayed. failed to pick up his pawn within 30 days so his form was void, came in to try again he was delayed then recieved a denial about 30 mins later... another 30 mins passes and i recieve a denial for the form generated over amonth ago.. well over the alloted time for a denial in which after that time had expired the firearm could have been transfered...

bkt 07-29-2011 07:19 PM

I'm dead-nuts certain we don't need the BATFE and we sure as hell don't need the FBI to pick up their work. We need to nullify the inane laws that have come about over the years (NFA, GCA'68, etc.) which gave reasons to create the BATFE at all.

orangello 07-29-2011 07:36 PM

In a previous thread, someone commented that BATFer's were good at finding illegal explosives and such. I think it would be nice if they could spend more time on that part of their mission and leave the gunshops and gunowners alone. Not hatin'.