Do the States have the right to restrict firearms? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do the States have the right to restrict firearms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1974 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
constitutionally?? no. the states do not have the right to violate any of the ammendments. or any of the constitution itself. the US constitution applies to the states in the exact same manner it applies to the federal government.

but in practice the states violate it and act in extremely unconstitutional roles more than the feds do.
True, Jon. But mainly because there's so many more of them. And the fact that it's common practice does not mean that it's right.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1998 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
It is funny you think thats the way it's supposed to be, but that is the way it is. So why is it so-
Because the progressives are in control of the government and they are the most dishonest and ruthless people in the world. They took an oath which is meaningless to them!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #33

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Because the progressives are in control of the government and they are the most dishonest and ruthless people in the world. They took an oath which is meaningless to them!!!
Here is what is funny .... with the Mary Jane issue the feds say it is illegal and the states say it is legal and the gun issue the feds say it is legal and the states say it is illegal. It isn't a one way street-
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #34

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Here is what is funny .... with the Mary Jane issue the feds say it is illegal and the states say it is legal and the gun issue the feds say it is legal and the states say it is illegal. It isn't a one way street-
I always wondered this myself. They pick and choose.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #35

Liked 1123 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 349

Quote:
I think the argument is that 2A is clearly stated in the constitution while Mary Jane is not, many of us argue it's part of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness but it's not a specific amendment like bearing arms.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #36

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I think the argument is that 2A is clearly stated in the constitution while Mary Jane is not, many of us argue it's part of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness but it's not a specific amendment like bearing arms.
Why is the fed involved in it at all? Its not delegated to the fed to regulate it anyway under the 10th Amendment.

I taught you folks well.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgodd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Why is the fed involved in it at all? Its not delegated to the fed to regulate it anyway under the 10th Amendment.

I taught you folks well.
Quote:
They formed a group to handle it The ATF and they are the same people who are saying two different things. It's like they are talking out their mouth and their ass at the same time.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #38

Liked 1123 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 349

Quote:
They formed a group to handle it The ATF and they are the same people who are saying two different things. It's like they are talking out their mouth and their ass at the same time.
It's a mistake to view the federal government as a single entity. While it would be great if it were, it's not even close to being a single entity with a single viewpoint. Different agencies were setup at different times in history with different charters and agendas and many times they overlap. They also fight over the same budget dollars year after year, so they compete and attempt to modify themselves in order to thrive.

It's not the way it should be, I'm just stating how it is.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #39

Quote:
It's a mistake to view the federal government as a single entity. While it would be great if it were, it's not even close to being a single entity with a single viewpoint. Different agencies were setup at different times in history with different charters and agendas and many times they overlap. They also fight over the same budget dollars year after year, so they compete and attempt to modify themselves in order to thrive.

It's not the way it should be, I'm just stating how it is.
Yeah but this is one organization not two. It is called the ATF- Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 2150

Quote:
Yeah but this is one organization not two. It is called the ATF- Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.
Perfect example of the left wing not knowing what the right wing is doing ...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/