Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Or Jersey Strong.

No bayonet lug or adjustable stock OR removable muzzle device OR magazines over 15 rounds... in the Garden State. Sucks.
So I was wondering, since "assault weapons" are already banned in New Jersey will we be exempt from Feinstein's registration requirements?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #42
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1731 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava_4 View Post
The Fed wants to turn you good ol' boys into San Francisco boys.
I was afraid that where it's headed. .. ouch.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #43
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

pity ... it does have a lot to offer but it is a festering ****hole Upstate NY ... everything outside of NYC is a fantastic place and every bit as beautiful as anyplace you will ever visit

a shame the NYC's insanity is destroying it
Wasn't a big fan of NYC, I had that ominous feeling that I could be stabbed at any moment, plus it smelled bad and the people were rude.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1496 Times on 1013 Posts
Likes Given: 520

Given that congress can't pass bills like a debt ceiling and ended up getting our credit rating downgraded. What makes me even more confident congress was warned our credit rating would be downgraded and they still couldn't pass the bill. I doubt any gun laws will be passed. Here is another tidbit of information that says a gun law will not be passed. Over 250 congressmen have a B or better grade by the NRA. Compared to 180 that have an F grade by the NRA. A lot of congressmen are going to have to flip to get anything through congress.

Here is an article showing the chances of any bill getting passed much less a gun passed. You will see it's a slim chance a gun ban will pass.

http://www.govtrack.us/blog/2011/08/04/kill-bill-how-many-bills-are-there-how-many-are-enacted/

http://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/2012/01/first-session-112th-congress-more-disappointing

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/54_61/-30466-1.html

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #45

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero

In my mind I'm trying to come to grips with what happened and has happened before that, and what seems fair and reasonable.

If I can have 6 clips holding 15 shots in my pockets instead of 3 clips holding only 7, I don't see that as such an imposition.

I'm just trying to reconcile things. Processing, thinking out loud. Trying to figure things out.

I'm not an all or nothing person, not like I was when I was younger.

Anyway, 15 sounds really good to me for a compromise. BUT, saying which guns we can and cannot buy - that really does bother me.

I don't mind having to do background checks. But if I follow the law, I don't want them to tell me I can't buy what is readily available elsewhere.
Keep in mind that New York's 7 shot mag restriction even makes most 1911s illegal. Most full size semi automatics would also be illegal. In one stroke of a pen most semi pistols and most competitive rifles are history. This is a full blown attack on gun ownership by law abiding citizens. If this law stands the Feds will try to follow as will other democratic states. At this rate only criminals will have guns. Connecticut was a major tragedy cased by a nut case. If the government takes guns away from law abiding citizens so they can be illegally used by nut cases the nuts will go the route of Oklahoma City and use bombs made with fertilizer or simple arson to achieve their objective.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #46

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

first you have to understand that NYC is NOT representative of NY outside of Albany, Rochester and Buffalo. If you were to meet a hick from the sticks of NY the only thing that would differentiate him from one in Mississippi is the accent Hell, 30yrs ago where I grew up just outside of NYC it was common place to walk down the street into the woods and go shooting. But over the years NYC's insanity has spread far and wide and folks have been brainwashed into believing they shouldn't own firearms

Today 2000 people marched on Albany ... just 4 days after Cuomo signed that law. Had organizers had a months time to get this going they could easily have had 20,000
And most of the gun crime in New York is in NYC. Surprise surprise surprise. But thats what happens when most of the bad guys have guns but good guys are restricted. If they want background checks an registration then maybe they should ease up on carry permits. This gets more guns on the street in good guy hands. A state like Arkansas makes it easy for ccw but require a specific course for ccw I have no problem with that

Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #47

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

The way that I understand the proposal is that it includes any firearm that is capable of accepting a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. This would virtually wipe out 70-90 percent of semi-auto handguns. On a hopeful note I don't believe that this proposal has a snowball's chance in h--- of getting through congress.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #48

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
And most of the gun crime in New York is in NYC. Surprise surprise surprise. But thats what happens when most of the bad guys have guns but good guys are restricted. If they want background checks an registration then maybe they should ease up on carry permits. This gets more guns on the street in good guy hands. A state like Arkansas makes it easy for ccw but require a specific course for ccw I have no problem with that
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

In case you missed it last month because of NY's handgun permit database 45,000+ law abiding citizens in 2 counties were labeled as targets by the Journal News Not to mention the millions of others they put at risk by default that do not own handguns. This is the problem with Gov't having lists with law abiding citizens names and information on it ... it gets used in nefarious ways!

There is no problems with a jurisdiction that issues a permit for a set length of time and having it expire. If the person wants to renew it they can re-submit before the permit expires ... simple, and no nefarious actions can happen with said persons info

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #49

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post

Does Arkansas have two stages of concealed carry permits like ccp and enhanced ccp

Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #50

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
I've been reading that the Feds may want to limit magazines to 10 rounds. But I don't know if that is for rifles only or hand guns as well.

Was hoping someone could help to clarify.

Thanks very much.
They apply to "Assault WEAPONS." which includes handguns and shotguns.