Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Why compromise? There's no where that says we shouldn't be allowed a 30 round magazine for whatever weapon. We are guaranteed our rights by a piece of paper called The Constitution that many Americans have fought and died for. No body should tell us what we can and cannot have because they want more control over you..
In my mind I'm trying to come to grips with what happened and has happened before that, and what seems fair and reasonable.

If I can have 6 clips holding 15 shots in my pockets instead of 3 clips holding only 7, I don't see that as such an imposition.

I'm just trying to reconcile things. Processing, thinking out loud. Trying to figure things out.

I'm not an all or nothing person, not like I was when I was younger.

Anyway, 15 sounds really good to me for a compromise. BUT, saying which guns we can and cannot buy - that really does bother me.

I don't mind having to do background checks. But if I follow the law, I don't want them to tell me I can't buy what is readily available elsewhere.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #12

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I was at local shop today and he had just got in 3 cheap ar's and sold them at $3000 each I was like WTF and people were waiting like coyotes for road kill insanity !

I even saw him sell a frontier polymer lower one for $1500 I was like WTF FOR REAL !!! Dang people are desperate.

And at $80 per 30 round pmag what a bargain ok I'll take 4 NOT !! lol but the ghooles loading up on rifles paid it lol

Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

"Reasonable"? Who's definition of reasonable are we using? I for one am sick and tired of us having to be reasonable and make concessions to keep the panty waist, hand wringing, hoplophobes happy. NO MORE!!!

And, they are magazines, not clips. (yeah, I had to go there)

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
I was at local shop today and he had just got in 3 cheap ar's and sold them at $3000 each I was like WTF and people were waiting like coyotes for road kill insanity !

I even saw him sell a frontier polymer lower one for $1500 I was like WTF FOR REAL !!! Dang people are desperate.

And at $80 per 30 round pmag what a bargain ok I'll take 4 NOT !! lol but the ghooles loading up on rifles paid it lol
It's a mess. Cabela's can't keep them in stock.

I don't use Assault Rifles, don't have any interest in firing them or owning them really. They just don't seem like something I'd enjoy.

But the fact that the Government is trying to tell me I can't have one makes me want to get one.

I saw a 9mm at Cabela's with a 33 shot clip for about $750 last week. I honestly thought about picking it up just because of these proposed limitations. I wonder what that means? Buy something I don't really want just because they tell me I can't? Bah - not sure what to do on all of this.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
"Reasonable"? Who's definition of reasonable are we using? I for one am sick and tired of us having to be reasonable and make concessions to keep the panty waist, hand wringing, hoplophobes happy. NO MORE!!!

And, they are magazines, not clips. (yeah, I had to go there)
I can try to see where you are coming from, but I've known friends who had their children shot. One families lived, the others did not. One was killed by a fellow student from their high school who bought the gun from a tuff he knew.

So perhaps I'm a bit too sympathetic.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #16

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero

It's a mess. Cabela's can't keep them in stock.

I don't use Assault Rifles, don't have any interest in firing them or owning them really. They just don't seem like something I'd enjoy.

But the fact that the Government is trying to tell me I can't have one makes me want to get one.

I saw a 9mm at Cabela's with a 33 shot clip for about $750 last week. I honestly thought about picking it up just because of these proposed limitations. I wonder what that means? Buy something I don't really want just because they tell me I can't? Bah - not sure what to do on all of this.
Not very many people own actual assault rifles... Unless you have a rifle capable of firing more than 1 shot per trigger pull, it's not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armalite. And they take magazines, just like every firearm that holds more than 1 round (excluding the Garand, that's the only rifle I know that takes clip)

Old 01-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #17

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
I can try to see where you are coming from, but I've known friends who had their children shot. One families lived, the others did not. One was killed by a fellow student from their high school who bought the gun from a tuff he knew.

So perhaps I'm a bit too sympathetic.
and magazine capacity would have made a difference how?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #18

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I guess if I was having to defend myself against 15 blUeN helmets then a 30 round would be nice

Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #19

Liked 1171 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Best answer you will get.

Until it's written in law, no one knows.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #20

There does not have to be a bill. Nothing has to go through congress. The president can pass and/or order a law through executive privilidge. It will happen. Get used to it.
cottontop