Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?

I've been reading that the Feds may want to limit magazines to 10 rounds. But I don't know if that is for rifles only or hand guns as well.

Was hoping someone could help to clarify.

Thanks very much.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 570

First it has to become a law. The chance of another AWB passing are almost as good as winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If a magazine size limit is passed, it will include eveything. The ainti-gun crowd will not stop at just rifles or assult rifles...they want it all.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #4

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

http://youtu.be/NxzrahUUTi8

Good thin they can't be reloaded so fast.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #5

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

It was just pure political theater, much ado about nothing really, don't even worry about it, it won't pass, not a chance in hell. .....but it's all mags.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

vincent Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Apparently it will make it illegal to own a gun that any of these

detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds
Pistol grip
Non fixed stock
Bayonet lug
Thumbhole stock
Threaded barrel

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #7

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Apparently it will make it illegal to own a gun that any of these

detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds
Pistol grip
Non fixed stock
Bayonet lug
Thumbhole stock
Threaded barrel
What will? has a bill even been introduced in the house or senate yet? there's a crap ton of speculation on the internet on what all the "experts" THINK it MAY contain, but I don't know that anything has even been proposed to the floor for votes.

Until I see an actual proposed bill hit the house or the senate, I will say that nobody knows anything about what may happen, and anyone who claims to know is only trying to boost their ego by claiming to know something they don't

Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoolddogs View Post
If a magazine size limit is passed, it will include eveything. The ainti-gun crowd will not stop at just rifles or assult rifles...they want it all.
Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This is so screwed up. I own 6 firearms, but none are Assault Rifles. The push for these draconian limits make me almost want to go buy one or two just to respond to this hysteria.

Perhaps that's not a very mature stance, but I don't feel like I want the government telling me that I can't do something that is supposed to be constitutionally protected.

I'm conflicted.

I feel like if you are not doing anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide, so I don't have any issues with background checks for all purchases, private or public.

But the fact that they want to take away even the option of law abiding citizens to own firearms that have been available for so long - that is upsetting to me.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #10

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero

Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.
Why compromise? There's no where that says we shouldn't be allowed a 30 round magazine for whatever weapon. We are guaranteed our rights by a piece of paper called The Constitution that many Americans have fought and died for. No body should tell us what we can and cannot have because they want more control over you..