Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/do-10-round-mag-limits-apply-only-rifles-hand-guns-well-81563/)

SubZero 01-17-2013 12:48 AM

Do 10 round mag limits apply ONLY to rifles? Or hand guns as well?

I've been reading that the Feds may want to limit magazines to 10 rounds. But I don't know if that is for rifles only or hand guns as well.

Was hoping someone could help to clarify.

Thanks very much.

John_Deer 01-17-2013 01:02 AM

First it has to become a law. The chance of another AWB passing are almost as good as winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.

twoolddogs 01-17-2013 01:02 AM

If a magazine size limit is passed, it will include eveything. The ainti-gun crowd will not stop at just rifles or assult rifles...they want it all.

CourtJester 01-17-2013 01:09 AM

http://youtu.be/NxzrahUUTi8

Good thin they can't be reloaded so fast.

Wiebelhaus 01-17-2013 01:35 AM

It was just pure political theater, much ado about nothing really, don't even worry about it, it won't pass, not a chance in hell. .....but it's all mags.

FullautoUSA 01-17-2013 01:39 AM

Apparently it will make it illegal to own a gun that any of these

detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds
Pistol grip
Non fixed stock
Bayonet lug
Thumbhole stock
Threaded barrel

70cuda383 01-17-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1097008)
Apparently it will make it illegal to own a gun that any of these

detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds
Pistol grip
Non fixed stock
Bayonet lug
Thumbhole stock
Threaded barrel

What will? has a bill even been introduced in the house or senate yet? there's a crap ton of speculation on the internet on what all the "experts" THINK it MAY contain, but I don't know that anything has even been proposed to the floor for votes.

Until I see an actual proposed bill hit the house or the senate, I will say that nobody knows anything about what may happen, and anyone who claims to know is only trying to boost their ego by claiming to know something they don't

SubZero 01-17-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoolddogs (Post 1096958)
If a magazine size limit is passed, it will include eveything. The ainti-gun crowd will not stop at just rifles or assult rifles...they want it all.

Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.

SubZero 01-17-2013 02:05 AM

This is so screwed up. I own 6 firearms, but none are Assault Rifles. The push for these draconian limits make me almost want to go buy one or two just to respond to this hysteria.

Perhaps that's not a very mature stance, but I don't feel like I want the government telling me that I can't do something that is supposed to be constitutionally protected.

I'm conflicted.

I feel like if you are not doing anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide, so I don't have any issues with background checks for all purchases, private or public.

But the fact that they want to take away even the option of law abiding citizens to own firearms that have been available for so long - that is upsetting to me.

ShagNasty1001 01-17-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubZero

Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.

Why compromise? There's no where that says we shouldn't be allowed a 30 round magazine for whatever weapon. We are guaranteed our rights by a piece of paper called The Constitution that many Americans have fought and died for. No body should tell us what we can and cannot have because they want more control over you..