Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disturbing video of Kalifornia subjects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The mention of police:

Quote:
Well they've been trained
Quote:
Well, the police have had years and years of training...
Gee, from what I've seen of the performance by Las Vegas Metro, I seriously doubt that training enters into the "discussion" of police vs civilian carry. During Corporate Challenge, Metro can't even qualify past the first round let alone even come close to matching the civilian shooters.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #12

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Anyone notice only seeing the shoes of people in greater support of firearms?
It just struck me as odd.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #13

Actually, BETTER than expected. About half were at least mildly rational and aknowledged some form of the 2A. That is a start(this is california)......remember you will always have those morons who believe that they are immune from violence and that if it ever did occur it is LE's job to protect them.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 03-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #14

Such a shame some of these fellow neighbors can be. That guy should have interviewed me, would have been like check out my gun! Haha

Home Invasion...I've got something for that!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It seems to me that most of the anti folks are simply parroting what the news media and Brady Bunch have told them to think and say. They reject out-of-hand the facts and stats offered by NRA, SAF, GOA, etc, because they are the "gun lobby" and are biased. The anti-gun lobby on the other hand, is to be trusted and admired. As evidence of lack of common sense, look at the politicians they keep electing.

I have family in a very liberal county (Santa Cruz) in California, and they give me the tired anti-gun lines they have been indoctrinated with, each time I talk with them about defending themselves. I think my brother may be the more rational among them and understands my point of view. Trouble is, his wife will absolutely, under no circumstances, allow a gun in "her" house. She admits my arguments are sound, but she is afraid. Every time I offer to take her to the range and show her the truth, she refuses. I'll keep trying when I visit.

(By-the-way, being HR 218 certified, I carry in California every time I visit.)
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved