Disturbing the peace. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disturbing the peace.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Good luck Josh. I agree with you on this. These people are the type that will push for a gun free zone next. This BS of running up the White flag everytime some antigun zealot attacks is wrong. Hell yes Mr. Gun owner just come along quitely. That has never worked. Go to city Hall Josh. Good Luck DK

Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #42

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Makes me think that the neighbor that complained is related to the Mayor or some other politician. Or maybe the Police Commissioner. I agree with the others, get a copy of the laws and show them to the next police visit and send a copy to the neighbors. If it is 15 acres it may come under the Agroculture or Farm rules and regulations. If it does tell the neighbors to move if they don't like it.
Sarge

If a man strikes you on the cheek
Being a Christian the only thing you can do
Is to help him up off the ground.
Sarge

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1047 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
The neighbor moved in last month. I dont know anything other then that. Im going to go to the town hall next time I'm out that way and get a copy of the townships ordinance on noise and disturbing the peace. If there isn't anything that says I can't shoot in the afternoon I'm going to respectfully refuse to stop. If im not breaking any laws or ordinances they can't tell me to stop.
Josh, I'd suggest again, you check with the legal beagles on migunowners. They'll help you with mi and your local community laws, and also give you some contacts to help if someone decides to jack you up.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #44

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Thats what I'm fixin to do. Im not sure if it's 10 or 15 but I know you can hunt 10 so target shooting should be fine.
I'm going to to keep the high power stuff at home till I build a better backstop. I'm thinking a stack of wood two cords deep should stop what ever I throw at it.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #45
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7821 Times on 4694 Posts
Likes Given: 9848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I worked a 12 hour night shift for a few years. I was most appreciative for a neighbor who stopped cutting the grass when I had to work so I could get something resembling sleep when I asked him.
I work nights, too, and my neighbors are all aware I do. They are most respectful of my sleeping habits. But to be honest, not much wakes me up except my dogs barking. I tell them to do as they wish when they wish. It's not THEIR problem I work nights. But still, they are very considerate of me.

Quote:
The neighbor moved in last month. I dont know anything other then that. Im going to go to the town hall next time I'm out that way and get a copy of the townships ordinance on noise and disturbing the peace. If there isn't anything that says I can't shoot in the afternoon I'm going to respectfully refuse to stop. If im not breaking any laws or ordinances they can't tell me to stop.
Again, Josh, I urge you to talk to the neighbors. They may have a baby that naps and you could work out a time when shooting won't be that disruptive to them. Unless they don't want ANY shooting, I find most situations can be negotiated in a friendly and fair manner.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #46
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2395 Times on 1453 Posts
Likes Given: 2518

+1 on the advice for communication. If it's "only 15 acres" it's not that long a walk. Go talk to them directly. Be polite and listen to what they have to say. You'll either learn that they are libtards or learn what the real issue is. If they're reasonable people, you can work something out. Who knows, you may get a range partner! Either way, you'll know more about what you're dealing with than you do now.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #47

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes go find out what, is thier problem ?. You know they care. They called the cops on you. They did not walk over to see what you were doing and why.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #48

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Well the problem with that is I'm not sure who called it in. we just assumed it was the people around the corner because they just moved in and we didn't have this problem last year. They had a fallout with the people accross the street too so I coulda ben them.
I'm not the most social person either and goin around kissin ppl buts just so I can shoot isnt really something I'm down for.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Well the problem with that is I'm not sure who called it in. we just assumed it was the people around the corner because they just moved in and we didn't have this problem last year. They had a fallout with the people accross the street too so I coulda ben them.
I'm not the most social person either and goin around kissin ppl buts just so I can shoot isnt really something I'm down for.
Josh,
You may not be "down for" kissing a$$ and all, but maybe you should consider just talking to them. Go over and say "Hi. I'm Josh and I live around the corner."

Let the conversation develop from there. It can go well or it can go to Hell in a handbasket, but all of that depends on you.

I have some prickly neighbors who probably don't like me and/or some of my habits. That does not preclude me from being neighborly. I have lived here for over 40 years and that is longer than all of my neighbors except for one and he is the one with whom I was shooting the other day with his new AR.