Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disturbing the peace.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1353 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Default Please define.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
I went out shooting today at my inlaws property and had the cops come out and tell me to stop because I was disturbing the peace. Is there anything I can do about panzy ass neighbors that dont like guns?
I don't think you understand, its the loud report from the gun thats causing you problems with the neighbors........ I use to cut loose at all hours after dark with a 12 ga. Not any more day or night because of the pansies and todays cops.... Try the supressor next time.......They will never know what hittem..........{ loud noise ordance}

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Yeah it was noise

Old 03-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #13

I shouldnt have to use a suppressor to shoot at 3 in the afternoon.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16861 Times on 9770 Posts
Likes Given: 43950

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
that certainly is possible - but if he has a lease agreement to live there, my first thought would be, unless its stated in the lease, then all normal ownership rights would transfer to him.

In other words, unless the lease says "no guns allowed" he should be able to do it, but again, that would depend 100% on all local laws
you are correct, unless in violation of the lease or state, or city ordinances the tenant has the same legal rights as an owner would. my point was, maybe his in laws need to be involved as they are the owner or tenant. and need to express the fact that he has permission to use their property for target practice. if there isn't any law or ordinance forbidding such activity, then the only way they could forbid such activity is if there is an imminent danger to other residents.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16861 Times on 9770 Posts
Likes Given: 43950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
I shouldnt have to use a suppressor to shoot at 3 in the afternoon.
i agree with you, and when you decide to do it another day, then they will make another complaint. you need to get with a judge or constable or the sheriff's department and find out what the legalities are for that area. knowledge of the law is your best defence in these matters.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 925 Times on 593 Posts
Likes Given: 383

You could always say you're offended by their complaint, seems to work for the libtards!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB
You could always say you're offended by their complaint, seems to work for the libtards!
Lol that did cross my mind.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Washtenaw, near Ann Arbor... and you wonder why?

You could try one of the legal beagles on migunowners.com for advice. my non lawyer belief is that disturbing the peace is a really tough thing to prove, and criminal nearly impossible. civilly may be a bit easier to prove, but the sheriff wouldn't have any involvement.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #19

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

The best course is to do your own research of the local laws in your area (state, county, and city) if you find out that its not against the law, then you politely tell the lady officer next time she comes throwing herself around like something badass that she can kindly leave your property unless some law or ordinance is being broken.

Disturbing the peace is not as clear cut as the title entails. Most of these ordinances have a timeframe and certain exemptions, which is why you can mow your yard in the evening, but some dip **** can't blast his stereo at midnight.

99% of the time, a Disturbing the Peace ordinance is regulated by the city body of government. You could probably go into your local city hall and request a copy of the ordinance as its' written (might even be available online)

You could also start here and contact your local Village Council

http://vil-manchester.org/village

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-11-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6117 Times on 3706 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
depends on where your in laws live. are they within the city limits? if so, then there may be an ordinance against it. how close are the neighbors? close enough they have concern about a stray shot. you need to find out what the ordinances state, then if in compliance and are able to shoot legally, then there isn't anything they can do about it. having a copy of the ordinances will help and remember they can only enforce the law, not make it.
I wonder if you went to talk to the neighbors if something could be resolved. Maybe they had a child napping at that time of day. Who knows. Maybe you two can come to some agreement as to when you can shoot. If they say they don't want you shooting at all..........well, then there's a problem