Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disturbing new gun bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1411 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 2882

Default Disturbing new gun bill

This bill by Sen Schumer!

This is not going after the person(s) under substance abuse charges; but, looking at the mental portion. Reading further into the bil page 13 talks about "Background checks for firearm transfers by unlicensed person"

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s436is/pdf/BILLS-112s436is.pdf

This is a comment from another forum:

"Now they want you disarmed if you have convictions of pretty much anything, or have medical records indicating that you've had any kind of mentel stress/disorder - maybe you've talked to a therapist once or twice (let's not forget that big brother is going to have control of the medical industry, and should have instant access to your medical records just as quickly/easily as your criminal ones via a giant database). Oooh....and if we can just get that national firearms database online, we can really get the ball rolling on the disarmament of the people.

Didn't they make it mandatory for troops leaving the military to have some sort of counciling before returning to "normal" life? I have wondered if that wouldn't be used against them sometime soon....wouldn't want all those trained people armed and possibly on the wrong side of a "disagreement" with the goobment right?"

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 03-23-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They can certainly try.

If this passes then i guess i will be owning firearms illegally, i welcome the government to come do something about it.

I say again, they can certainly try.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

In Finland it´s already mandatory to deliver a doctor´s statement about your mental health to the local PD when applying a purchase permit for a handgun. Wouldn't really even bother me, but getting the statement can be a little tricky. The public health-care doctors are required by law to give these statements, but when your trying to get an appointment they always come up with some BS about being too busy or anything to keep them from writing these statements because it makes them responsible also if someone goes nuts with their gun. The easiest solution is to turn to the private sector, but they can charge what they want for the statement because they know the problems gun owners are having with the public health-care centers...

Don't give up your rights! We don't have anything like the 2A in Finland and are being pushed around all the time.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

They'll just keep steadily nibbling away at the 2nd Amendment until it's completely gone.
Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #5

This sucks. On the bright side, I'm pretty much broke and can not afford the purchase of a gun. The ones I did have I lost in a boating accident of the Georgia cost.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #6

I hope the NRA and other groups are all over this. Thanks for posting it, the drive by media will never talk about it.

Lifetime NRA Member
Paul Harris Fellow - 3 Diamond Level

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

This bill is WAY out of hand, this bill forces colleges and universities that get any kind of fed money to create "teams" that are to measure the potential risk factor of students and report to the state, who will be required to report to the feds. If your on the list, no guns for you!

So I guess in the federally funded liberal minded schools, if a student has an issue of American Handgunner magazine, they will find themselves on this list??

You can find this crap in section 124, which is on page 8 of the bill.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1667 Times on 917 Posts
Likes Given: 2446

A fine anti-gun bill brought to you by commissar Schumer: 27 pages of total trash. i don't doubt that it would pass the senate. It will not pass the house.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
This sucks. On the bright side, I'm pretty much broke and can not afford the purchase of a gun. The ones I did have I lost in a boating accident of the Georgia cost.
Bright side? If you're a true believer in the 2nd Amendment there is no0 bright side to any pro-gun control bill.

The NRA is "all over it". The NRA-ILA is all over everything that has to do with our right to bear arms and in turn, our freedom. They fight tooth and nail to protect us from any new regulations as well as retract any old nibbles out of the 2nd amendment that they feel they can gain on.

If you love your sport, hobby, family heritage or whatever draws you to owning a firearm, then it makes a lot of sense to support the NRA and its ILA divisions.

I know a lot about being broke. . . when I first joined the NRA I was in between construction projects and fresh into recovery from an operation, with medical bills stacking up big time. I got an offer for a 3-year membership for something around $50. It felt right and I wrote a check, after making sure I had the funds to cover it. (BTW I have a family of 4, mortgage, car payments, etc.)

Since then thing have been pretty thick and I make sure I help out every one of their "special interest" and "legislative" branches, even if I can only afford $10 at the time.

It's all a matter how much you care about your beliefs and your willingness to stand behind them andf DO something, not just talk about it and complain after something goes the other way.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:20 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

^^^^Well said Sir!!^^^^

A lot of folks say the NRA has gone over to the dark side, I don't agree, any organization that fights to keep our rights alive is ok in my book. I know they have been mired in the political machine, mostly ,I think, from having to rub shoulders with the political ass-hats in DC. I think if anyone is financially able, they should join some of the other 2A rights advocacy groups, GOA, SAF, JPFO, CCRKBA, or whichever you prefer. But if your sitting on your butt, complaining and DOING nothing to help, then your just wasting your breath.

WE MUST, FOREVER, KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson