Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   This is disturbing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/disturbing-30202/)

M14sRock 08-09-2010 02:16 AM

This is disturbing
 
Unless there is much more to this story, I find it very disturbing.

Seeing her padded bra through a T Shirt that got wet because of one of their water rides is an offense worthy of arrest, but wearing a bathing suit (Bikini top?) around the park is perfectly fine?

This makes no sense, and yet over-reaction likes this seems to be getting more common.

Janet Lovett Suing After Wet T-Shirt at Florida Splash Park Leads to Arrest

pandamonium 08-09-2010 04:14 AM

That kind of crap is effing pathetic! Truely, what crime? And to be arrested for resisting arrest for not having ID? Based on the info in the article(which is usually only half the story anyway, she should easily win a lawsuit.

robocop10mm 08-09-2010 02:12 PM

Effing BS!!! In Texas it is legal for a woman to walk around completely topless. This practice is actually encouraged in many cases.

The officer apparently over stepped his bounds, IF the story is accurate.

dog2000tj 08-09-2010 03:08 PM

I heard about this story this morning. Just from what I've read and how it was reported I'm gonna wait and see what the afternoon or evening news presents. It just sounds too outrageous to be believable at first glance. :confused:

IGETEVEN 08-09-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 328555)
Effing BS!!! In Texas it is legal for a woman to walk around completely topless. This practice is actually encouraged in many cases.

The officer apparently over stepped his bounds, IF the story is accurate.

I strongly concur, the practice is encouraged here in Oklahoma as well, but alas, few takers. :(

Sorry, the officer was a moron, if the story was indeed accurate.

dunerunner 08-09-2010 04:04 PM

This one, if true; definitely rates a WTF!!

City official.....Wrong!!

Arresting Officer......Wrong!!

Tax payers paying for a lawsuit.....Most Likely!

bcarroll 08-09-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 328577)
I heard about this story this morning. Just from what I've read and how it was reported I'm gonna wait and see what the afternoon or evening news presents. It just sounds too outrageous to be believable at first glance. :confused:

I think you have a valid point. I will do the same? Something seems to be missing here.

Gojubrian 08-10-2010 08:05 AM

This makes no sense.

Do you think the officer might be racist?

Maybe the lady showed more than they let on?

Maybe the lady did more in the parking lot than they let on?

Makes no sense. :confused:

neil-v1 08-19-2010 05:51 PM

That has to be the most crazy thing I have seen in some time.

amoroque 08-19-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 328598)
This one, if true; definitely rates a WTF!!

City official.....Wrong!!

Arresting Officer......Wrong!!

Tax payers paying for a lawsuit.....Priceless!


LOL

I totally agree, like M14sRock said, how can it be ok to wear a bikini, but exposing a bra isnt?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.