Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disarm Chicago, DC, NY, LA police

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

There's no way they can disarm them... And my 9mm will stop plenty of karate BJJ or whatever you wanna call it... Ever see Indiana jones and the guy with the sword... 1 shot

Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #52

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLAROCK
There's no way they can disarm them... And my 9mm will stop plenty of karate BJJ or whatever you wanna call it... Ever see Indiana jones and the guy with the sword... 1 shot
Yep, it will and that is why I am on a gun forum. I don't know how this turned into an argument about how fighting will defeat a firearm, I never claimed it would. Many would be assailants are not armed, and it is a good thing to know because you can't go around zimmermaning people (I thought that would be funny, don't jump on me now, I side with the Z man). Cops use BJJ for a reason, it works. 84% of fights go to the ground, and it is excellent for weapons retention. If you have a gun, I won't try to do a flying armbar, I will run my ass off. Now enough with the BJJ talk, I only mentioned it in passing.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #53

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Did it ever occur to you that most of us considered it a calling, like a soldier, doctor, clergyman, etc?

You don't do it for the glory. There isn't any. And you sure as hell don't do it for the money. (even in NYC)
To echo old crow, my NJ cop friends make 6 figures some have a starting salary as high as 90k, San Francisco has similar high salaries, and Suffolk county here in New York too, my local pd starts at $74,000. Oh, and the nypd, that is a gravy train. Enter at 21 or 21 work for 20 years and make about 90k a year. Wait, there's more, for years guys were taking lots of overtime to make upwards of 130k a year do you know why? They were coming up on retirement and would get take as much overtime as possible that way their pension would be calculated on what they last earned. A nice fat check after 22 years, so in reality a fetid 44 years old making a huge salary for walking to the mail box. No wonder NYC is broke. Damn, I think I'll sign up to be a cop. That be a lot of money. And you get an NYC carry permit, and people pat you on the back for doing next to nothing. Where do I sign up?

Old 10-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #54

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
Um, WHAT? Shamrock is a shoot fighter, not a BJJ fighter, nor are any of those other guys you mentioned. Smith is a kickboxer and TK is an mma fighter and also fights a shoot style. this place was no doubt some crap school where no one ever trained in a gi and because they knew a hold they called it BJJ. Also, a blue belt is a beginner belt, about 6 months to a year to get, and if he trained at a crap school, well, there goes that. Good to know you had a "skirmish" (we call it a roll) and tried your hardest to beat some guy up and now pat yourself on the back. We like guys like you at our place, I'm no black belt, never claimed to be, just a good purple belt. I wasn't bragging, just giving you my experience with off duty cops which is a lot of experience.

Open invitation to come up to the north east and get some mat time. Let's see how it works out for you. Oh, and with an average of 8 years to get a BB in BJJ, real Gracie BJJ, the stuff the army uses, I think you're speaking from ignorance when you say they're a dime a dozen.
At the time The Alliance was the only MMA school in my area, but I also trained submission grappling, but it wasn't the magical "Brazilian" style made famous by the mystical Gracies. How is Henzo by the way, still claiming he has 400 wins without a defeat and still hasn't answered the 20 plus legitimate fighters that have called him out?

BJJ Black Belts? Shall I start to name all the guys that "claim" to have "earned" one and still suck on the mat? Let's just start with Vitor Gracie. Oh wait, that was only his name early on when he was allegedly "adopted" by the all mighty Gracies, he fights now under the name Vitor Belfort and he has (3) submissions in over 30 fights. Yeah, there is a black belt if ever I have seen one. *yawn*

I don't care what your experience is, or where you train or what words you want to throw around, disarming the cops is the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

What is going to magically happen to crime when your at the dojo in your GI and don't have your sidearm? Or when you are sleeping? Or, oh I don't know, WORKING a real job?

All that sh1t is just going to pause for you to get back to crime fighting mode after a quick change in the mall bathroom into your Superman Underroos and tacticool gear?

You encountered the smallest percentile of cops and can speak for ALL of them to be worthless and should be disarmed.

And to think Nero was the most arrogant man I had ever read words from.

JD
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #55
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Time to shut this down before... grrrr... I'm a mod, I shouldn't say what I'm thinking in this case.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Closed Thread