Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disarm Chicago, DC, NY, LA police

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

For all I care, so can several posters in this thread. Disarm the police? You watch Westerns don't you? Still clinging to that whole "one on one, face to face in the street under the noonday sun" view of handling things.

The average civilian would sh!t a sailboat if they had to serve a month in blues and a badge, responding to every day calls.

Do you people, the ones representing the "disarm the cops" crowd, even KNOW any cops? Like off duty, hanging out, enjoying a bar-b-q, or a sports event under the same roof?

Man, you people amaze me in your belief that just ANYONE can do that job 24/7 (oh yeah, crime happens when you are all snug in your covers too) WITHOUT an armed police response.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5496 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 4772

Right on, Dillinger.

My dept allowed citizens to ride in a patrol car, after signing a waiver of liability.

I took several folks out on third watch. (1600--2400)

One single watch generally changed their veiw of LE considerably.

A polite, well spoken young lady asked me at the end of watch:

"How the hell can you put up with this sh!t everyday?"

Golda Meier.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #43

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I'm from NY also and I own a house in Miami... Man I must say that it is easy to get a gun here, I was shocked.
When I asked about all the necessities and money it would cost to own I was almost laughed out of the store

Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 AM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
For all I care, so can several posters in this thread. Disarm the police? You watch Westerns don't you? Still clinging to that whole "one on one, face to face in the street under the noonday sun" view of handling things.

The average civilian would sh!t a sailboat if they had to serve a month in blues and a badge, responding to every day calls.

Do you people, the ones representing the "disarm the cops" crowd, even KNOW any cops? Like off duty, hanging out, enjoying a bar-b-q, or a sports event under the same roof?

Man, you people amaze me in your belief that just ANYONE can do that job 24/7 (oh yeah, crime happens when you are all snug in your covers too) WITHOUT an armed police response.
I do Brazilian jiu jitsu in nj and about half of the school are cops, bergen county, NJ state troopers, port authority, etc. My brother in law is a cop in the nypd. I know well over 100 cops, about 20 are good friends of mine.

In most places even big cities like NYC being a cop isn't that difficult, and and if it is such a burden, I ask that each and everyone of those complaining cops should quit. Also there aren't high noon show downs in London, why do you think we will revert to a western movie? Hell, the real Wild West wasn't even that wild.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Right on, Dillinger.

My dept allowed citizens to ride in a patrol car, after signing a waiver of liability.

I took several folks out on third watch. (1600--2400)

One single watch generally changed their veiw of LE considerably.

A polite, well spoken young lady asked me at the end of watch:

"How the hell can you put up with this sh!t everyday?"
Here we go. A real view and response from the field. WTF?! You people think this is SO easy......

Old 10-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5496 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 4772

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
In most places even big cities like NYC being a cop isn't that difficult, and and if it is such a burden, I ask that each and everyone of those complaining cops should quit.
Did it ever occur to you that most of us considered it a calling, like a soldier, doctor, clergyman, etc?

You don't do it for the glory. There isn't any. And you sure as hell don't do it for the money. (even in NYC)

Golda Meier.
People Like This 
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
I do Brazilian jiu jitsu in nj and about half of the school are cops, bergen county, NJ state troopers, port authority, etc. My brother in law is a cop in the nypd. I know well over 100 cops, about 20 are good friends of mine.

In most places even big cities like NYC being a cop isn't that difficult, and and if it is such a burden, I ask that each and everyone of those complaining cops should quit. Also there aren't high noon show downs in London, why do you think we will revert to a western movie? Hell, the real Wild West wasn't even that wild.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. BJJ Black Belt. They are a dime a dozen. I personally fought a blue belt in a skirmish in a gym called 'The Alliance" owned by Frank Shamrock, Maurice Smith and Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka, in Bellevue, Wa.

Doesn't mean a thing.

Have you engaged them in an "off duty"?? Outside of an environment where they are "supposed" to perform a certain way?

Well, I have.

I have had cops and first responders over to my house for bar-b-q and UFC fights on several occasions. Being friends with both fire fighters and sheriffs in King County makes this easier.

I can tell you that the average of first responders and beat cops, in this neighborhood, HATES the idea of being unable to perform their duties.

And they take their personal and "tool" training serious.

I am sorry that the rest of the nation doesn't share the same qualities in their volunteers.

JD

Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Yeah, yeah, yeah. BJJ Black Belt. They are a dime a dozen. I personally fought a blue belt in a skirmish in a gym called 'The Alliance" owned by Frank Shamrock, Maurice Smith and Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka, in Bellevue, Wa.

Doesn't mean a thing.

Have you engaged them in an "off duty"?? Outside of an environment where they are "supposed" to perform a certain way?

Well, I have.

I have had cops and first responders over to my house for bar-b-q and UFC fights on several occasions. Being friends with both fire fighters and sheriffs in King County makes this easier.

I can tell you that the average of first responders and beat cops, in this neighborhood, HATES the idea of being unable to perform their duties.

And they take their personal and "tool" training serious.

I am sorry that the rest of the nation doesn't share the same qualities in their volunteers.

JD
Um, WHAT? Shamrock is a shoot fighter, not a BJJ fighter, nor are any of those other guys you mentioned. Smith is a kickboxer and TK is an mma fighter and also fights a shoot style. this place was no doubt some crap school where no one ever trained in a gi and because they knew a hold they called it BJJ. Also, a blue belt is a beginner belt, about 6 months to a year to get, and if he trained at a crap school, well, there goes that. Good to know you had a "skirmish" (we call it a roll) and tried your hardest to beat some guy up and now pat yourself on the back. We like guys like you at our place, I'm no black belt, never claimed to be, just a good purple belt. I wasn't bragging, just giving you my experience with off duty cops which is a lot of experience.

Open invitation to come up to the north east and get some mat time. Let's see how it works out for you. Oh, and with an average of 8 years to get a BB in BJJ, real Gracie BJJ, the stuff the army uses, I think you're speaking from ignorance when you say they're a dime a dozen.

Last edited by TheNYResistance; 10-07-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #49

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Did it ever occur to you that most of us considered it a calling, like a soldier, doctor, clergyman, etc?

You don't do it for the glory. There isn't any. And you sure as hell don't do it for the money. (even in NYC)
I dunno the average NYC cop makes 50k a year. The are a lot of people that are just as qualified to do the job that are making a lot less. Raleigh PD complains about the money they make. Yet after a few years on the job they make a lot more than teachers. If you think being a LEO is tough spend a year in a classroom.

Cops complain about their job being dangerous. Yet construction, industrial work, even commercial fishing is far more dangerous. Not many construction workers make a fair wage or even get health insurance. When construction workers die there is no horse drawn carriage to pull their casket. No benefit fund for their family. Just a lawyer and maybe enough to get the kids through college.

I have lived a good life. I have caught hell on occasion. Sometimes my life was on the line. Guess how many times I have called 911 or filed a police report? ZERO!

Usually when law enforcement shows up I get thrown on the floor. Lectured and nothing happened to enhance my safety. I am damned lucky if I don't get rolled. Every single time I was just protecting myself or just minding my own damned business. I would be just fine if the police just stuck to collecting evidence.

I am sure those officers thought they were helping me or I deserved it. They did do something for me. They gave me a massive case of no respect for authority.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #50

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

America's most dangerous jobs

Fisherman
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:116
Median wage:*$27,880

Logger
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*92
Median wage:*$38,660

Airplane pilot
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*71
Median wage:*$115,300

Farmer and rancher
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*41
Median wage:*$65,960

Mining machine operator
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*39
Median wage:*$39,950

Roofer
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*32
Median wage:*$37,880

Sanitation worker
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*30
Median wage:*$34,310

Truck driver and deliveryman
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*22
Median wage:*$35,500

Industrial machine repairman
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*20
Median wage:*$45,700

Police officer
Fatality rate per 100,000 workers:*18
Median wage:*$55,620

Sources
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/pf/jobs/1108/gallery.dangerous_jobs/11.html

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Closed Thread