Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disarm Chicago, DC, NY, LA police

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

The NYPD can't stop bank robberies now - http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/armed-bank-robberies-in-nyc-on-the-rise-1.2725828

I most certainly do believe that the local beat cop in NYC needs to be disarmed. No amount of training will overcome the lowered hiring standards due to quota practices enforced by the NYSC It's not tactical training these cops need, it is verbal communication and social skills they lack

besides, i would never rob a bank using a 458SOCOM ..... i'd go with the AR15 with 2 Beta mags and an additional 12 Pmags, a 3 man entry team and 2 getaway drivers

oops ... I've said too much
You watch too many movies you could do it by yourself if you really know what your doing it doesn't take much just brains

Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #32

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy

You watch too many movies you could do it by yourself if you really know what your doing it doesn't take much just brains
I think it's the nypd cops who watch too much tv. Trust me I know enough of them to know how they behave.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance

I think it's the nypd cops who watch too much tv. Trust me I know enough of them to know how they behave.
I do too that's why I try to stay out of NYC I would rather be unarmed fighting a bear before I have worry about NYC trying to shoot a criminal

Old 10-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5691 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
By the way, the whole :rollseyes: thing is pretty moronic and might I add, annoying.

See this as my version of "A Modest Proposal". :ROLLSEYES:

If I don't need 17 rounds, he doesn't need them either.
The thing is a forum convention for communicating something difficult to state in words.

I loved "A Modest Proposal"; Swift did a better job, IMO.

In all honesty, an incompetent officer shouldn't even have a single-shot capgun. A competent officer should be well-armed and equipped to get his job done. The real solution is to eliminate the incompetent officers, not to limit all of the officers technologically. It seems "fair" that LEO's face the same limitations on firearms as the people they work for, but we don't limit them to the same driving regulations the rest of us follow or firearms carry limitations for "gun-free" areas like courtrooms and such.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #35
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5691 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
I do too that's why I try to stay out of NYC I would rather be unarmed fighting a bear before I have worry about NYC trying to shoot a criminal
Fighting a bear you say? More power to you on that. I agree that there is nothing in NYC that i need to see.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4723 Times on 2696 Posts
Likes Given: 3750

Quote:
Obviously you were eating retard sandwiches before you read my post, so I'll forgive your dumb comment. By the way, the whole :rollseyes: thing is pretty moronic and might I add, annoying.

This was my attempt at Juvenalian satire, a very good attempt If i do say so myself. You just weren't smart enough to notice. See this as my version of "A Modest Proposal". :ROLLSEYES:

Also, I don't see why your average beat cop needs a 17 round mag with jack boots, cargo pants, etc. is he planning on invading Poland? If not disarmed, the beat cop should have his sic ill servant uniform on, and a 6 shot revolver. If I don't need 17 rounds, he doesn't need them either.
I don't believe that this kind of personal attack against another forum member asdds anything desireable to the discussion.
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #37

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
This was my attempt at Juvenalian satire, a very good attempt If i do say so myself.
ORLY? if so than ...

Name:  look-left-you-failed.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  8.5 KB

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

People Like This 
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Fighting a bear you say? More power to you on that. I agree that there is nothing in NYC that i need to see.
I have been to NYC once don't wanna go back ever again

Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #39

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The only experience I have had in NY was on the racetrack (AQU). There is no place I would rather be than on the backside of a racetrack. I don't want to go back. I have no intentions of going back.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #40

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
The only experience I have had in NY was on the racetrack (AQU). There is no place I would rather be than on the backside of a racetrack. I don't want to go back. I have no intentions of going back.
For all I care New York can disappear

Closed Thread