Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Disarm Chicago, DC, NY, LA police

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #11
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

You would stand a better chance at winning the lottery than trying to figure out which way this would go.

Hell, even the Bookies would not take bets on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Given all the collateral damage in NY by police, I have no problem disarming them. It's like spin the bottle. Will I be shot by a cop or a bad guy?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Given all the collateral damage in NY by police
Isolated incidents out of how many thousands of police and millions of events they respond to each year?

If it happens in NY it's going to get more press than elsewhere, but I assure you the Seattle PD is so far up the "accidental and other" shooting list that the Feds had to come in and "install" over-sight.

No trouble disarming the cops? I bet you like Westerns don't you.

JD
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #13

Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

If I were a mayor, I'd have a serious concern about

LEOs shooting my registered voters, with their

inaccurate and deadly volleys. My people, my

constituents.

Maybe they should think about starting a group called

"Mayors Against Police Guns"...

Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

Maybe the Mayors of said towns / cities should sponsor a bill that would allow citizens to have their 2A rights that they already have but are not allowed to have.

Anyone here confused besides me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If I were a mayor, I'd have a serious concern about

LEOs shooting my registered voters, with their

inaccurate and deadly volleys. My people, my

constituents.

Maybe they should think about starting a group called

"Mayors Against Police Guns"...
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #15

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Isolated incidents out of how many thousands of police and millions of events they respond to each year?

If it happens in NY it's going to get more press than elsewhere, but I assure you the Seattle PD is so far up the "accidental and other" shooting list that the Feds had to come in and "install" over-sight.

JD
Where I live response time is around 45 minutes. The cops here just collect evidence. I do hunt with several sheriff's deputies. You can make book they would hit their target under pressure. I don't hunt with people that let the deer run off. Pass the toothpicks please...

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Well, somebody in those towns is gonna need to have some guns (other than the criminals); if i was stuck there and couldn't have a firearm, the popo would be on speed dial, their home numbers too ("hey Ms. Chumley, tell your husband to come over; they are about to break in my place........Hurry up; you got enough kids already").

Of course, with this limited poopulation, perhaps it would be a good experiment for Microstamping, gun cameras, and other methods to make identifying the firearm a projectile came from, like ALL tasers come with. Test it on the troubled departments. If i had to be a cop, i would want a tie cam, a gun cam, and date/timestamps on both videos, to back up my reports. I can see no reason why a officer would object to being held responsible only for his own errors.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Well, somebody in those towns is gonna need to have some guns (other than the criminals); if i was stuck there and couldn't have a firearm, the popo would be on speed dial, their home numbers too ("hey Ms. Chumley, tell your husband to come over; they are about to break in my place........Hurry up; you got enough kids already").

Of course, with this limited poopulation, perhaps it would be a good experiment for Microstamping, gun cameras, and other methods to make identifying the firearm a projectile came from, like ALL tasers come with. Test it on the troubled departments. If i had to be a cop, i would want a tie cam, a gun cam, and date/timestamps on both videos, to back up my reports. I can see no reason why a officer would object to being held responsible only for his own errors.
If a Syrian that can't read can manage to use a digital camera for a machine gun sight we could put cameras on the officers guns. We have the technolgy to put a camera and a laser in the same space the crimson trace lasers fit in. Then the officers that are handling a weapon properly wouldn't take the heat for the ones that can't hit $h!t.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

orangello Likes This 
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #18

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

JD
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one I am all for disarming the regular beat cop everywhere. If criminals are so bad that LE departments need to ramp up to paramilitary style training/tactics/equipment than it is time to call in the National Guard and go all Big Red One on them

Bystanders and innocent civilians being shot in NYC are are not isolated incidents

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You can't disarm cops around here. It would not end well. I grew up with two people that were killed by cops. Even after that, I still feel cops should be armed. It does more good than harm.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #20

NYPD scores another kill. One of our finest citizens. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/noel-polanco-national-guardsman_n_1940259.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing8%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D215799

Closed Thread