Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A different look at firearm sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We had a vote here not long ago to allow CCW in place of NICS for gun purchase. Unfortunately it didn't pass. However, I can walk into any gun shop here, fill out a 4473, wait a few minutes, and walk out with a gun, or several, and as much ammo as I can carry, no problem.

I do love Colorado.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1736 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 547

I escaped from the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and am a political refugee in Arizona. There are no permits required to purchase a firearm. The federal paperwork has to be filled out and an instant backround check unless you have a ccw then no backround check required. Private sales are still allowed without paperwork. No one will sell a firearm to a California resident over the counter. It has to be shipped to an FFL and legal to own in Ca otherwise known as the PRK. We dont even need a permit to carry.
California is no longer a free state. The big city dwellers (Democrats) run the state and everyone else is disenfranchised. California died when the state senate was apportioned by population rather than county. The Democrats then took over both houses and started voting in anti gun laws, entitlements and taxes. Now they are broke and will end up filing bankruptcy. I hope no one is stupid enough to bail them out.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-31-2010, 02:03 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5307 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The Democrats then took over both houses and started voting in anti gun laws, entitlements and taxes. Now they are broke and will end up filing bankruptcy. I hope no one is stupid enough to bail them out.
dont worry the democrats in the senate with the help of the republicans in the house will send a bail out bill for the PRK to obama's desk.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

So is it just a few states that have the waiting periods? I'm in Illinois and it is 24 hours on long guns and 7 days on pistols.

I've never dealt with the purchase of guns in anyother state. I thought the waiting period was a national thing.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
So is it just a few states that have the waiting periods? I'm in Illinois and it is 24 hours on long guns and 7 days on pistols.

I've never dealt with the purchase of guns in anyother state. I thought the waiting period was a national thing.
Fortunately Illinois is one of a few Anti-Gun Rights places,
Of course the ATF would love to make a National Waiting Period, but they haven't pulled off that trick-Yet.
In Arizona you want a gun, you buy one. Barring a Delay or Denial on your 4473 form you take your gun home today.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:12 AM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:

I just have to wait for the guy to make the call then take my money. And I think that's a little too long a wait sometimes

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Winds, people think Illinois is an anti-gun state because you have to have an FOID card. A guy I worked with 25 years ago told me about that, I asked "Why do you put up with that Commie sh!t?"

Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Winds, people think Illinois is an anti-gun state because you have to have an FOID card. A guy I worked with 25 years ago told me about that, I asked "Why do you put up with that Commie sh!t?"
FOID, rhymes with 'roid and sounds like a useless pain in the ass as well, no offense to holders thereof.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

At least in Illinois, we don't have to get a seperate permit to purchase a handgun. I can a handgun just the same as a rifle or shotgun. I read from some of the eastern seaboard states needing a permit to purchase a handgun and then be limited to how many they can buy in a timeframe.

Here in Illinois you can purchase multiple handguns/rifles/shotguns on the same day with no problem.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #30

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
At least in Illinois, we don't have to get a seperate permit to purchase a handgun. I can a handgun just the same as a rifle or shotgun. I read from some of the eastern seaboard states needing a permit to purchase a handgun and then be limited to how many they can buy in a timeframe.

Here in Illinois you can purchase multiple handguns/rifles/shotguns on the same day with no problem.
Yea, that makes it better. Complacency like that is what keeps the antis in power in Ill. No waiting period in the majority of states whatsoever. Like said, the short wait for the phone call to be completed. That is all. Walk out in just a few minutes with firearm in hand.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!