Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban On First Day Of Congress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1588 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 548

All Diane Feinstein can do is introduce legislation. Cooler heads will prevail. She is already having problems finding a co-sponsor. The bill will die in committee. Everyone else will wait to see what the Biden committee puts on the table and work from there.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #42

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

The way I read it was, not-retroactively... put pro actively...and she said "bans the possession of" which makes me think, to be grandfathered in-would mean making an assault type rifle an NFA item.. which means you can keep it, if you pay your $200 tax stamp and engrave the lower.. just my thoughts. and in a trust.. they can be left to anyone thats named in the trust.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #43

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I'd also like to add-anyone who doesnt think this will happen fast is sorely mistaken. I laughed in 94' "an AWB? pfffft.. that'll NEVER happen... this is AMERICA.. yip, 3 months later I was seeing people pay 85-100 for an old scratched up glock mag. It wont solve any problems with violence, we all know that. but it will make the libs feel like they have won something,hey on 911 a gun didnt kill 3k people, a plane didnt, and jet fuel + buildings falling did'nt... but 3 box cutters did.. thats what broke into that cockpit fella's... . my guess would be by March.. if not faster by executive order ( he will try, he has nothing to lose as he is on his last term.)

Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #44
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8143

[QUOTE=patyancey;1058923]I'd also like to add-anyone who doesnt think this will happen fast is sorely mistaken. I laughed in 94' "an AWB? pfffft.. that'll NEVER happen... this is AMERICA.. yip, 3 months later I was seeing people pay 85-100 for an old scratched up glock mag. It wont solve any problems with violence, we all know that. but it will make the libs feel like they have won something,hey on 911 a gun didnt kill 3k people, a plane didnt, and jet fuel + buildings falling did'nt... but 3 box cutters did.. thats what broke into that cockpit fella's... . my guess would be by March.. if not faster by executive order ( he will try, he has nothing to lose as he is on his last term.)[/QUOTE}

I usually stay out of discussions like this as a general rule. I start this post with the fact that my intent is not to troll or flame. If this is interpreted as such, I appologize, as this is not my intent.

Do I think that this could happen, yes. Do I think that any congressman or senator who votes for an AWB would be shooting themselves in the foot so to say. Yes.

Bear in mind that in 2 years we will be in a position to change our politicians, both in the house, and in the senate. The people we elected this year will certainlly be keeping this in mind. Instead of griping about what might be, we should be contacting our representatives in DC and at our state capitols. We should be signing the petitions that will go to them, and making our collective voices heard. Our silence in an arena where it MUST be heard, is what will cost us our rights, not just our 2A rights, quite possibly ALL of our rights. The silence of those who legally own firearms is what will do us in.

Join the NRA. Sign the petitions. Call and e-mail you representatives and senators! Let them know how you will vote if they sign this bill into law. All executive orders must go through the house and the senate. BHO does not have the authority to just sign away our rights as citizens of the US. Make it perfectly cleare to those in DC that if they vote this into law, they WILL BE UNEMPLOYED in two years!

Once again, I appologize if have offended anybody. That was not my intent.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #45

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Clinton AWB was Hype for his liberal idiots. I never had a problem buying anything during that time. And the kill switch went off and it died.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #46

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Clinton AWB was Hype for his liberal idiots. I never had a problem buying anything during that time. And the kill switch went off and it died.
the 94' AWB is still alive and kicking in places like MA, CA, NY, NJ and yes ..... CT. Don't expect the anti gun crowd to settle for anything less than an all out permanent ban.

They will not settle for feel good legislation ... just like the Affordable Care Act, they will want the whole enchilada ... "assault weapons", magazines, accessories, imports, registration ... and yes, confiscation!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #47

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Don't under estimate gun owners. Don't run up the white flag. We are in this to win and we will. You used very left leaning states as an example of gun control success. The people of those states vote for these controls they are elected by those states. What has that to do with national gun control?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #48
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Don't under estimate gun owners. Don't run up the white flag. We are in this to win and we will. You used very left leaning states as an example of gun control success. The people of those states vote for these controls they are elected by those states. What has that to do with national gun control?
Nothing, if not to prove that gun control and an AWB simply doesn't work!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #49

Liked 65 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 336

They want to disarms us all and then the UN soliders would take over. Here is a link: http://mediamatters.org/research/2011/06/17/beck-conspiracy-theory-uns-agenda-21-will-resul/180690

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #50

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Kfox75, I understand completely what you mean and your feelings on it. I don't think it upset anyone. And I'm with you... these guns are killing people like forks make people fat and pencils misspell words. A lib called into a talk-show yesterday and asked "why do you need a gun at all?" We have police/military. The host put it very well.. he said "I carry, because Obama hasn't assigned my full time police officer to me yet" --the response time is kinda long when your looking down the wrong end of a barrel-- he then asked the lib, what do you do when you sit in your car? (Crank it) then what do you do? (Put my seat belt on)! Why do you put a seat belt on? Because I might be in an accident/situation where it could save my life) exactly lib! Exactly! y'all have a good day and be safe out there.