DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Default DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition

More ammo purchase from DHS, are they getting ready for war?

This is Alex Jones site advising of the purchase:

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

Here is the Federal Bid, now at the bottom of this page is the attached pdf (22 pages), The date the solicitation submitted was 5 Feb 2013 :

https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbweb/fbobuyDetails.do?token===wBKxmaVGYR9Kcq5Ajq%2BRH6Q AAAAAHeAAgAgTFCGg/FzzqQbJAAyVXBA0Or

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).

The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

What better way to keep supply low for average buyer? If the ammo makers had any balls they would refuse to supply any ammo to an anti 2A administration.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Well at least the got some practice loads this time. No tall HP rounds..
Meanwhile has anyone seen much imported stuff out and about? Just wondering because I have not. So I'm wondering if it's been stopped for awhile like the last time. I would think that imports would soften the blow on this shortage if it was readily available.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #4

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
What better way to keep supply low for average buyer? If the ammo makers had any balls they would refuse to supply any ammo to an anti 2A administration.
My thoughts exactly. I can see Obama and holder saying "why not borrow more money from China to buy up all the ammo?" Vinegar sacks.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #5

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Heard on the news last night that Knoxville PD and Knox County Sheriff's were facing a shortage of ammo because of all the buy ups.
I think the Feds are not only doing this to limit ammo for Citizens but also for Law Enforcement because they know that when the SHTF most of Law Enforcement will side with the Citizens of this Country and they want them as disarmed as us.
I'm just glad that I handload, soon as I can get the brass I can load up 1200 rounds of 9x19mm.

This is the War Room!"

Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Well at least the got some practice loads this time. No tall HP rounds..
Meanwhile has anyone seen much imported stuff out and about? Just wondering because I have not. So I'm wondering if it's been stopped for awhile like the last time. I would think that imports would soften the blow on this shortage if it was readily available.
Every online site and LGS that did have a good supply of imported ammo from Russia, Italian, Spanish, Mexico or others that sell .223, 7.62, 9mm, 38 special, 357 Mag or other calibers. Nothing!

Sportsman's Warehouse always carried a good foreign supply, nothing and not talking about shelves, I mean in their shipments!

LGS (Mom and Pop) are in pain.

Even Walmart is not getting Tuloammo.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
My thoughts exactly. I can see Obama and holder saying "why not borrow more money from China to buy up all the ammo?" Vinegar sacks.
If in fact Dr. O. does have a " Vinegar sack" that would leave a really bad taste in the mouths of the media. White House salad dressing tea anyone?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

CaseyChadwell Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

It serves a two-fold purpose. First, deny the average citizen of purchasing power (where ammo is concern); and, second, prepare for civil unrest when the 'economic bubble' bursts globally.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5711 Times on 3228 Posts
Likes Given: 5138

Alex Jones. Riiiiiight!!!!

Winston Churchill

Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #10

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I just bought 3 more boxes of .45acp manufactured by Zero Bullet which happens to be about 1.5 miles from my house. $17.99 per 50rd box. Me and my friends are stocking up on ammo too.

Closed Thread