Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > DHS - Guns Gone Missing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default DHS - Guns Gone Missing

From: Alan Korwin's, Page Nine; No. 78 - Guns Gone Missing

Guns Gone Missing

The lamestream media told you:

The Dept. of Homeland Security, run by Janet Napolitano, has lost nearly 300 firearms from 2006 to 2008, with some ending up in the hands of gangbangers, kids, felons, and other miscreants, according to USA Today.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:

This is not terribly surprising since all federal agencies lose guns on a regular basis. What is surprising was the revelation that the department has 190,000 guns, but only 185,000 workers. If you go through an airport or anywhere where these taxpayer-supported jihadi-resistance workers work, you know very few bear arms. That's a lot of guns for the limited percentage of DHS people that carry. The media talks about civilians stockpiling ammo, you have to wonder how much ammo DHS has stockpiled for the 190,000 guns we bought for them.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1778 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 3562

Thanks! Very scary! Now the biggest question, where are the weapons and ammo stockpiled that have not gone into the wrong hands? You see the TSA and not one has a weapon or weapons. Mostly LE patrolling the airport as assigned duty.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I think the number I read was 247, but its still too damn many!

That should result in 247 criminal charges of endangering the public.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:35 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I want to know how many of the 185,000 employees are actually certified to carry a firearm that is issued by the department. I can see having 2 per every undercover agent on a flight or train, but that still does not add up. You know the admin assistants, cpu geeks and other non field agent staff are not issued firearms.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1991 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 2960

Quote:
The Dept. of Homeland Security, run by Janet Napolitano, has lost nearly 300 firearms from 2006 to 2008,

The Dep't of Feel Good Homeland Insecurity was not run by Napolitano in 06-08. It was run by that lover of illegal immigrants, Mr. Chertoff. Not that it matters much; those agencies routinely lose their weapons regardless of who is running the agency.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Guys, Homeland Security is not just TSA, it also includes, Customs and Border Protection, Border Patrol, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Coast Guard, Secret Service (squirrels), etc. Lots of gun toters there. It seems like almost every week we are getting messages about this agency (of all types - Fed, State, or local) or that that has had equipment stolen. Heck, Az even had computers and 1000's of blank titles and driver's license stock stolen.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 02-25-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

If any one of us had a gunstore and had "missing" firearms, we would lose the FFL lic., get investigated on all transactions for the last 2 years. It happened a couple years ago to a shop over in Spokane..

I guess the Govt. seem to think " Do as we say, not as we do"..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Geez, my first post back and it has to be this one..

Ok, Listen up guys and get your heads out of your brown zone. It's not like the federal government just puts their weapons out on the coffee table and forget to pick them up when they go to the bathroom or home. For the past 20 years I have been a primary firearms Instructor and responsible for, at times, up to 100 to 150 extra weapons above the individual weapon that is issued to each officer. This is just for my agency which has over 28,000 armed officers. Each PFI in each Field Office has extra weapons that are necessary for encountered problems (broken, stolen, new officer). Every officer is issued his weapon and the data is tracked through a computer system. Each officer is responsible for the weapon and each year they must inventory the weapon in the tracking system and it must be verified by a Supervisor. Additionally, 5 years ago our agency placed an RFID chip in each weapon that contains the issue date, officer name, assigned location and all maintenance data. Weapons may be lost through officer neglect or stolen from an officer’s home during a burglary. We take weapons security very seriously in my agency. Now we also have long guns (shotguns and AR15’s) that add to the number of weapons we have available for our use on duty and again they are accounted for in the same way individual officers weapons are accounted for the difference is the PFI is responsible for these weapons and accomplishing the yearly inventory and verification. Now I don’t know the ins and outs of each individual Agencies policies on weapons inventory and maybe some aren’t as attentive as ours but I do know that all that I have worked with (DEA, FBI, Secret Service, ATF, Capitol Police, Marshals, Park Police) all require strict accountability for their weapons. I am stating this as fact about the department’s policies that I stated above from 20 + years personal experience, not an “I heard that “or “a friend told me” or “I heard on the news” report. With that said sure some weapons are lost by stupid and dumb mistakes some officers make like leaving them hanging on the back of a bathroom door when taking a necessary break or leaving them unsecured in a vehicle and the vehicle is stolen. But I will tell you that the officers/Agents that do these dumb things are held responsible for the loss and receive disciplinary action and depending on the circumstances may and some have lost their jobs.

So let’s not go overboard on some lame a** news report that is sensationalizing on weapon numbers and lost gun reports.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Geez, my first post back and it has to be this one..

Ok, Listen up guys and get your heads out of your brown zone. It's not like the federal government just puts their weapons out on the coffee table and forget to pick them up when they go to the bathroom or home. For the past 20 years I have been a primary firearms Instructor and responsible for, at times, up to 100 to 150 extra weapons above the individual weapon that is issued to each officer. This is just for my agency which has over 28,000 armed officers. Each PFI in each Field Office has extra weapons that are necessary for encountered problems (broken, stolen, new officer). Every officer is issued his weapon and the data is tracked through a computer system. Each officer is responsible for the weapon and each year they must inventory the weapon in the tracking system and it must be verified by a Supervisor. Additionally, 5 years ago our agency placed an RFID chip in each weapon that contains the issue date, officer name, assigned location and all maintenance data. Weapons may be lost through officer neglect or stolen from an officer’s home during a burglary. We take weapons security very seriously in my agency. Now we also have long guns (shotguns and AR15’s) that add to the number of weapons we have available for our use on duty and again they are accounted for in the same way individual officers weapons are accounted for the difference is the PFI is responsible for these weapons and accomplishing the yearly inventory and verification. Now I don’t know the ins and outs of each individual Agencies policies on weapons inventory and maybe some aren’t as attentive as ours but I do know that all that I have worked with (DEA, FBI, Secret Service, ATF, Capitol Police, Marshals, Park Police) all require strict accountability for their weapons. I am stating this as fact about the department’s policies that I stated above from 20 + years personal experience, not an “I heard that “or “a friend told me” or “I heard on the news” report. With that said sure some weapons are lost by stupid and dumb mistakes some officers make like leaving them hanging on the back of a bathroom door when taking a necessary break or leaving them unsecured in a vehicle and the vehicle is stolen. But I will tell you that the officers/Agents that do these dumb things are held responsible for the loss and receive disciplinary action and depending on the circumstances may and some have lost their jobs.

So let’s not go overboard on some lame a** news report that is sensationalizing on weapon numbers and lost gun reports.
In 24 years (so far) in the Army I have seen one (thats 1) weapon get "lost". And my feeling is it was stolen. That is dealing with God knows how many weapons in the units I have been in. It is a significant emotional experience when a weapon goes missing for us. You lock down the entire unit and start searching. Nobody goes ANYWHERE for as long as it takes. But I know we do things differently, probably take it a little more seriously than other organizations. And no, Im not talking about belt fed machine guns, Im talking about good ole M9s (a Beretta 9mm pistol) usually. Occasionally we have to look for an M4 for a while. But thats just my experience.

Last edited by hillbilly68; 02-26-2010 at 10:49 PM.