DHS Checkpoints - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > DHS Checkpoints

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
I hit a boarder patrol check point near my house nearly every day and my wife goes through two every day that she works. She always complies since she is afraid to get beaten or killed. I will answer the question am I a citizen, but I always refuse to answer anymore questions siting my status as a citizen. I guess it helps that most days I have a tie on and am driving a car that is insured for $90,000.00 and looks it.
For Cripe's sake, you think they would know the locals, and just give them a sticker for the windshield, and a special lane to go right through.

Quote:
They have a 100 mile wide band along the borders in which the fourth amendment is suspended, giving them quite an advantage over you.
According to who? And, like Franklin said, if they REALLY had an advantage, why would they not detain or arrest you? And, like I said, what you should REALLY be concerned about is one of those guys doing something which he/she has no authority to do. If it comes down to that, which side is the govt. going to side with?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #12

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Seancslaughter, what is CBP?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
If it's actually on the border, then checkpoints are fine. But these are checkpoints well inside the United States. People who never travel into Mexico are stopped daily simply for traveling throughout the country.

*EDIT not to mention, the fact that they let you go if you refuse to answer their questions long enough proves that they don't really have the right to stop you. If they did, they would detain you and arrest you. Instead, people are just willing to give up information. I don't want to give off the wrong impression that I'm okay with people illegally immigrating into the US. I think we need much stricter policies and need to start kicking people out. But forcing people to stop on their way to work or on their vacation inside the US is wrong.
I understand what you are saying, but look at the reality for a minute. Illegal immigrants are most often smuggled across on foot. At some point inside our borders they will usually meet a vehicle. It's unrealistic to expect them to hike more than 100 miles and then hop a ride. Logic tells me that they will be in a motor vehicle long before then. Why not put the checkpoint where they have a better chance of catching them and whoever is doing the transporting? Setting up at the border is about as useless as a Pepto Bismol stand at a bulemics convention.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Seancslaughter, what is CBP?

Customs and border patrol

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 361 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 713

You just try to smuggle apples or lettuce into The People Republic of California and see what happens to all you vegie smugglers.
Our borders are safe from you

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I understand what you are saying, but look at the reality for a minute. Illegal immigrants are most often smuggled across on foot. At some point inside our borders they will usually meet a vehicle. It's unrealistic to expect them to hike more than 100 miles and then hop a ride. Logic tells me that they will be in a motor vehicle long before then. Why not put the checkpoint where they have a better chance of catching them and whoever is doing the transporting? Setting up at the border is about as useless as a Pepto Bismol stand at a bulemics convention.
I thought Odumbo had put a stop to the legal export of his potential voters?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 587

It is called training. They are training citizens to quietly submit to police authority. The TSA is doing the same thing.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

People Like This 
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #18

Liked 307 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
For Cripe's sake, you think they would know the locals, and just give them a sticker for the windshield, and a special lane to go right through.
I rarely see the same guys more then once, when I do see someone I recognize they usually either wave me though or want to chat for a few seconds if there is no traffic behind me. In that case it is usually something like, nice car or how you doing today..

If they had a sticker or bypass program I don't know if I would bother since there is no way in heck it would be free and frankly I give the Gooberment Thugs too much of my money anyhow. Though I have had some negative comments on my license plate number from the anti gun BP types.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #19

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Because if they're allowed to set up a checkpoint 30 miles away, they're going to try to set one up 60 miles away and use the excuse "we're already doing this" Then it's 90 miles away, then 120, then before you know it they're going to be everywhere. I just don't like seeing the government get a foothold into invading our rights. Governments and politicians are inherently greedy, they always want more and more power. And they realize that the only way to get more power is to do it slowly. I hate to pull out the "Hitler" thing, but he didn't wake up one morning and immediately start murdering people. He introduced different policies gradually, and then once he had complete control he started to kill.

Another thing that we should ask is how effective are these checkpoints? I honestly don't know the answer to that. And setting up at the border isn't quite as useless as that pepto bismol stand

Old 04-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #20

The simple fact is, we don't have to protect our borders to stop 99.9% of illegal immigrants. What we have to do is make it illegal for them to work here, and place massive fines, and possible jail tyime, on any business that knowing hires illegal immigrants. As long as they can work here, there's no way in hell we can stop them from coming in. The moment they can't work here, they'll stop coming in, and those already here will have to go home.

As for checkpoints, I don't respect authority just because it's authority. The moment authority steps over the line and violates the Constitution and my rights, it's tyranny, and I'm going to give that authority as difficult a time as possible, while still doing my best to stay out of jail.