Detroit man shoot carjacker - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Detroit man shoot carjacker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2992 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

The cops released the car owner.

The car owner was gassing up his vehicle when the scumbag jumped behind the wheel. The scumbag went for a gun and the car owner shot him. Then the scumbag took off with the car. Too damn bad a nice SUV was wrecked.

A good guy threw Clorox in the gene pool.

Accused Carjacker Dies after Being Shot on Detroit's West Side

Quote:
Having that gun may have saved Standberry's life. He pulled into a gas station, got out of his car and within a matter of seconds was reportedly being carjacked by a 19-year-old.

"He jumped in the driver's seat and I asked him to get out of my vehicle," he told FOX 2's Alexis Wiley.

That's when Standberry said the confrontation took a deadly turn.

"He reached in his pants pocket or in between his (legs) like he was about to pull out a weapon," he explained. "I fired one time."

The bullet hit the 19-year-old in the side. He took off in Standberry's SUV, then crashed about a block away. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The accused carjacker did have a gun on him. Police took Standberry into custody, but released him about an hour later. He told us he is still having trouble coming to grips with what he did.

Last edited by alsaqr; 08-12-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default carjacker shot

Michigan does have the "Castle Doctrine" in effect, and is a "Shall Issue" state. I sure hope the guy gets off.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #13

Default Detroit

I read somewhere that Michigan has become a very populated state of muslims, Is this not true or not.?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM44 View Post
I read somewhere that Michigan has become a very populated state of muslims, Is this not true or not.?
Certain cities and areas:

Dearborn, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
.9% spoke English, 29.3% Arabic, 1.9% Spanish, and 1.5% Polish as their first language.

Assyrians/Chaldeans/Syriacs have also immigrated to the area. Arab immigrants own many shops and businesses with services in both English and Arabic.
The city's population includes 30,000 Arab Americans. It has the largest proportion of Arab Americans for a city of its size (about 100,000).

The city is the location of the Islamic Center of America, the largest mosque in North America, and the Dearborn Mosque.

In the 2000 census, Arab Americans comprised 30% of Dearborn's population; many have been in the city for generations. More Iraqi immigrants have been arriving as refugees from the continued war in their country since 2003. The majority of recent Arab immigrants are Muslims. In the first half of the 20th century, it was predominately Christian Arabs who immigrated to Metro Detroit. Lebanese descendants comprise the largest proportion of Arab Americans in Dearborn. Over 60% of illegal immigrants deported from Dearborn, Michigan are citizens of Lebanon.
It goes without saying, but not all Arabs are Muslim and not all Muslims are terrorists.

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #15

Liked 3319 Times on 1674 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM44 View Post
Dearbornistan.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 08-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Based upon limited info....the shooter is screwed.

The car was gone, the subject was in flight, ostensibly, the threat had passed UNLESS the subject was tossing shots back at the car owner.

That's a tough call, and it sucks...but you have to know when NOT to shoot.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2992 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

Quote:
Based upon limited info....the shooter is screwed.
Not so. See my link above. The car owner was pumping gas in his car when the scumbag jumped behind the wheel. The car owner shot the scumbag inside the vehicle when he went for his gun. The scumbag took off after he was shot.

The Detroit Free Press had it all wrong. Imagine that, a liberal rag in a high crime city getting it wrong.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Not so. See my link above. The car owner was pumping gas in his car when the scumbag jumped behind the wheel. The car owner shot the scumbag inside the vehicle when he went for his gun. The scumbag took off after he was shot.

The Detroit Free Press had it all wrong. Imagine that, a liberal rag in a high crime city getting it wrong.
Ah...okay, I didn't see that. I read the Detroit Free Press account...which was sketchy.

According to your link...he's on a LOT better footing.