Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Detroit man shoot carjacker (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/detroit-man-shoot-carjacker-46648/)

clip11 08-11-2011 03:47 AM

Detroit man shoot carjacker

This happened at a gas station I frequent alot. Detroit carjacking suspect shot, crashes, dies | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I hope this man isn't charged with anything, but in Detroit you never know. The city leadership is very leftist anti-gun. Of course all the mayor's bodyguards are armed with guns though.

JonM 08-11-2011 03:56 AM

One less goblin to deal with

dunerunner 08-11-2011 04:05 AM

One less Carjacking a$$hat!! The guy should get a key to the City!

knfxda 08-11-2011 04:27 AM

I don't think it looks good for this guy unless the DA is cool. You definately can't shoot someone to protect your property in MI. I don't see how he can claim his life was in danger.

Now, if the car jacker was coming at him with the car...

Or if the scumbag used a gun in the car jacking, he could always claim that the criminal drew his gun as he was heading off. However, the actual location of the gun might dispute that (holstered, in pocket, etc)

alsaqr 08-11-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

I don't think it looks good for this guy unless the DA is cool. You definately can't shoot someone to protect your property in MI. I don't see how he can claim his life was in danger.
The newsies got that article all wrong; imagine that. Maybe the cops got it wrong too. Turns out the hijacker was armed with a gun. The the scumbag was shot in the car by the good guy. The good guy has been on local TV there: Not a good idea.

The scumbag had some short time to reflect on his actions before he croaked.

therewolf 08-11-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 560588)
The newsies got that article all wrong; imagine that. Maybe the cops got it wrong too. Turns out the hijacker was armed with a gun. The the scumbag was shot in the car by the good guy. The good guy has been on local TV there: Not a good idea.

The scumbag had some short time to reflect on his actions before he croaked.

BGs dying, instead of becoming a burden on the taxpayer.

IMO,THIS is a good start.

The victim should join the NRA.

You should, too.

Overkill0084 08-11-2011 02:54 PM

How long before the family of the "misunderstood youth," starts in on the sob stories? "He was such a nice boy."
The shooter needs to shut up and lawyer up.

PanBaccha 08-11-2011 02:55 PM

I, for one, certainly hope the man would not be charge!

CA357 08-11-2011 03:00 PM

If the guy shot him as he was driving away, he may be in big trouble depending on the exact circumstances. Hopefully not, but if the threat of violence was over, it won't be good.

quarterhorse13 08-11-2011 08:28 PM

I dont know about detroit, because I live in tennessee. but we have and are protected under the castle law and " stand your ground " law as well. he may want to check into it and see if michigan has either of these laws in the books....just sayn