Details about Feinstein's new "Assault Weapons Ban" - affects more than rifles.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Details about Feinstein's new "Assault Weapons Ban" - affects more than rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default Details about Feinstein's new "Assault Weapons Ban" - affects more than rifles.

This proposed bill is ridiculous....it is a bit of a read but I suggest you read ALL of it.

Feinstein wants to make the characterstics of an assaul rifle allowed on a rifle 1 instead of 2, She will change the definition of pistol grip into any grip that acts as such (CA grip stocks and thumbhole stocks) and it will include fore grips... This is ridiculous!

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

I've said it before:
Do not think that Feinstein and her co-horts have not learned from the previous AWB.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
This proposed bill is ridiculous....it is a bit of a read but I suggest you read ALL of it.

Feinstein wants to make the characterstics of an assaul rifle allowed on a rifle 1 instead of 2, She will change the definition of pistol grip into any grip that acts as such (CA grip stocks and thumbhole stocks) and it will include fore grips... This is ridiculous!

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx
So I guess it will be up to some astute engineer to figure out how to retrofit an AR to function without a pistol grip. Would a cap of some sort hold the selector spring and detent in place? Could be big money here...retrofitting 20 millions ARs at $10 a pop...hmmmm?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
I've said it before:
Do not think that Feinstein and her co-horts have not learned from the previous AWB.
I don't think they've learned anything in their lives

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 729 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Here's the email I just sent to the President, both my Senators, and my Representative:

I am seriously concerned that certain members of Congress plan to introduce new gun control legislation in January 2013, which would - if enacted - irrevocably harm our great Nation and its citizenry. I am unequivocally opposed to ANY further restrict

ions on my ability to purchase, possess and use firearms of my choice to use for any lawful purpose whatsoever, as guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

This includes any and all firearms on Sen. Feinstein's ridiculous list of so-called "assault weapons". BATFE records show that sales of AR-15s
(to name one) increased dramatically following the expiration of the 1994 assault weapons ban, while gun murders during the same post-assault weapons ban fell dramatically.

Gun control has never been shown to reduce violent crime, and the presence of legally owned guns is a great deterrance to criminals. If laws already on the books were strictly enforced, much of the current gun crime would be reduced. And eliminating gun-free zones such as schools, shopping malls, and government buildings would put an end to the defenseless concentrations of victims that publicity-seeking nutcases prefer.

Finally, the school attended by the children of President & Mrs. Obama has armed security guards in addition to Secret Service agents. Do the children of the rest of America's families deserve any less protection?

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

People Like This 
Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #6

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

The only problem I have with all of this is the sheer ignorance of it all!

The same people who want to ban guns don't know anything about them...But if I were to scream that Obamacare needs to be repealed, they'd just tell me I don't know anything and that I should just be quiet..

Hypocrites and Ignorant Doom Sayers...