Department of Justice Probing my server - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Department of Justice Probing my server

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Privacy is a thing of the past. At least for the common citizen. The only way to keep Big Brother from knowing where your loyalties and principles are is to never mention any of it. But that means just sitting back and waiting until it is too late to recover any of the rights and freedom our forefathers fought and died for. To have any hopes of getting our freedom back via violence is folly. It's pretty unlikely any paltry weapons Joe Blow Citizen can come up with could win over tanks, armored personnel carriers, Sidewinders, AIM 7 Sparrows, smart bombs, etc, ad nauseum. The best way to save what is left of our freedom and recoup some of our lost rights is by using our smarts at the ballot box. And even that is often a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. Also we can find out what corporations are feeding and mentoring the corrupt politicians and refuse to buy anything they have to sell. Walmart may have the cheapest prices now (as a result of abusing their work force), but in any location, as soon as they have put the competition out of business, their prices go up beyond anything that makes sense. As far as the politicians are concerned, you can't just assume that all Republicans are the good guys, nor all the Democrats either. You've got to carefully examine their voting records to see what they are about.
Agreed and so true.
I think one of the bigger problems is the attitude of a majority of Americans. As a whole, we know luxury. Hot showers, stores stuffed with a million things to choose from, nice homes with multiple HD televisions and 500+ cable channels while we drive 2 and a half ton trucks to work. We are a generation accustomed to a relatively easy life. Now we have to choose between that easy, comfortable life and the freedoms we've enjoyed up to this point.

As far as the citizens rising up....I don't think that everyone in those tanks or behind those advanced weapons would use them against the people. Many would no doubt. But maybe just enough wouldn't to give "We The People" a chance. The Constitution actually says that the People have the right and duty to dispose of a tyrannical government. Right? Remember, if the rebellion was large enough, the infrastructure supporting that military could be used as shields and damaged significantly. Somewhat like what happened in Libya, but on a larger scale. But you can bet the Pentagon has drafted procedures for dealing with it's own citizenry turning against the govt.
Personally, I would never ever consider rising against my government. No sir. Any weapons I may purchase or horde are for hobby and playful purposes only.

I'm not sure there is anything anyone can do at this point. We'll probably just see a continued increase in corruption and control and a decline in the quality of life for most people while the few in power will live lavish lifestyles. We are permitting it and therefore accepting it each day. People are scared to be too loud or too active (except a few).
The rest will cower behind those few and wait to reap the reward of their efforts and let the few with courage do the fighting and make the sacrifices FOR them.

Many people are afraid to even speak out....on a forum for example. Eventually, this will cause the freedom to do so to be taken away....as once again, it is acceptance by passivism.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-22-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvageGuy View Post
I am interested in finding out how you discovered the probing, as I run servers for my business it would good to have this information.....
All you need to do is install Peerblock for Windows OS (freely available) or for any Unix based system, you can install "ipblock" also freely available. Be sure to add Level1, Level2 and Level3 lists. Very simple.

Both of these will show you the domain name of every connection to your server or even your personal computer.

I am not plotting against the govt even though I do believe we are going the wrong way. I also believe the political parties are too far corrupted to be trusted to be self correcting.
That goes for Democrat and Republican. There may be nothing we can do. But I think therewolf is right. You can no longer afford to ignore politics. EVERYONE needs to get totally involved and examine the voting records of elected officials and try to slowly take back the nation from the entitlement generation through voting and involvement.

Most people are arming themselves in case of widespread rioting and looting I think.

God bless America! Let's turn things around !

Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #43

Liked 1546 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

The way dictators of the past have gotten control of countries has been to create a "common enemy", whether true or imagined, then declare martial law, or something similar. That becomes the excuse to disarm the public and round up the dissidents. Almost anything can become the common enemy. Racial or ethnic groups, "terrorists", religious groups, economic strata. Then the gov't steps in, collects the people's weapons, herds large groups of people to the "camps". In this case the "enemy" may be all the people who are outspoken about their resentment of the corruption in government.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #44
fmj

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Privacy is a thing of the past. At least for the common citizen. The only way to keep Big Brother from knowing where your loyalties and principles are is to never mention any of it. But that means just sitting back and waiting until it is too late to recover any of the rights and freedom our forefathers fought and died for. To have any hopes of getting our freedom back via violence is folly. It's pretty unlikely any paltry weapons Joe Blow Citizen can come up with could win over tanks, armored personnel carriers, Sidewinders, AIM 7 Sparrows, smart bombs, etc, ad nauseum. The best way to save what is left of our freedom and recoup some of our lost rights is by using our smarts at the ballot box. And even that is often a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. Also we can find out what corporations are feeding and mentoring the corrupt politicians and refuse to buy anything they have to sell. Walmart may have the cheapest prices now (as a result of abusing their work force), but in any location, as soon as they have put the competition out of business, their prices go up beyond anything that makes sense. As far as the politicians are concerned, you can't just assume that all Republicans are the good guys, nor all the Democrats either. You've got to carefully examine their voting records to see what they are about.
A little history lesson...

There once was a time the best armed and best trained military super power the world had ever known thought the same way. But the people were down trodden and those charged with leading this nation became corrupt.

Then there was this rag tag group of terrorists that had the unmitigated gall to stand up and thumb its nose at this super power, a mere 3 percent of that population.

When the dust settled and the blood was washed away, a new nation was born. It became the nation with best equipped and best trained armed forces on the planet, the greatest super power the world had ever known. And the people became downtrodden and the ones charged with leading became corrupt....

Ever heard this tale before??

There is an old saying...i forget who the quote is attributed to but it goes like: "We have three ways to effect change; the soap box, the ballot box and the ammo box."

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
bkt

Liked 1306 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
To have any hopes of getting our freedom back via violence is folly. It's pretty unlikely any paltry weapons Joe Blow Citizen can come up with could win over tanks, armored personnel carriers, Sidewinders, AIM 7 Sparrows, smart bombs, etc, ad nauseum.
No disrespect intended, but that's factually incorrect. History proves your statement wrong: untrained individuals with small arms can REALLY mess with an overwhelming force with varying degrees of success.

Read up on Muqtada al-Sadr's rag-tag band of miscreant screwtards in Iraq causing a major league ruckus in Iraq against our finest.

Yes, direct confrontations wouldn't end well. So don't confront directly.

I'm not advocating violence in any way. But there may come a time when we have to decide how much b.s. is enough and act. If violence is off the table, we have already lost, because government has already used and continues to use lethal force against us.

Quote:
The best way to save what is left of our freedom and recoup some of our lost rights is by using our smarts at the ballot box.
Really? You still think...really? Wow. Okay. I'll continue to go through the motions working within the system, but you'll forgive me if I don't hold out much hope it'll amount to much.

Last edited by bkt; 05-22-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #46

Liked 1546 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

Violent revolutions often end up with a "strong man" becoming the people's hero and leading the revolution. Then he grabs power and becomes a worse oppressor of the people than the government he replaces. Castro, Sadam, Hitler, Ghadafi.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #47
fmj

Quote:
Violent revolutions often end up with a "strong man" becoming the people's hero and leading the revolution. Then he grabs power and becomes a worse oppressor of the people than the government he replaces. Castro, Sadam, Hitler, Ghadafi.
Another small history lesson...

Hitler was DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED leader, NO revolution.

Sadam and Ghadafi were put into power as puppets of OUR Govt.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #48

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
You left out GEORGE WASHINGTON. Oh wait, George did it the right way and gave up power despite the protests of many. This is why I named my second son after him.

It takes a true leader to get the job done, it takes a true patriot to walk away after the victory has been secured.

Tack

Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #49
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
You left out GEORGE WASHINGTON. Oh wait, George did it the right way and gave up power despite the protests of many. This is why I named my second son after him.

It takes a true leader to get the job done, it takes a true patriot to walk away after the victory has been secured.

Tack
George was a TRUE statesman and never wanted the leadership role in the first place. It was forced on him.

After the war, all he wanted was to just disappear and live out his days quietly on his farm.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #50

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I told you to wear your helmet!

Department of Justice Probing my server - Legal and Activism
Not everyone will be prepared when the proverbial "czhit" hits the proverbial fan.
You have to be wise enough to know that anything is possible so that when someone warns, "the sky is falling" to at least take a quick glance up and make sure it isn't.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/22/al-qaeda-video-calling-for-cyberattacks-on-western-targets-raises-alarm-in/

Closed Thread