Delawareans another push for gun control in your state - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Delawareans another push for gun control in your state

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Until something is done that the pro gun community approves of then these shootings will continue to be blamed on us and our weapons.
GFZ's are popping up at a much higher rate then before and much faster then then few communities that are doing away with them, this does not appear to be an approach that is ACTUALLY working.

I'm not saying what you're suggesting wouldn't work. What I am saying, is things are going the other direction and faster the other direction by the day. If something doesn't change then the attacks will continue and the anti crowd will continue to grow.
GFZs and the anti-gun crowd are to blame. What should we do, exile them?

Why should we do something when it's not our fault? We have come up with REAL solutions, and all they want to do is make more laws that don't work. I for one am for exile to a gun-free country of their choosing.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The first mass school murders were committed on May 18th 1927. There were 38 lifes taken by a disgruntled farmer-politician. The public schools continue to resist having armed guards inside schools. The Teachers Unions instead work for 1930s style gun laws.
After JFK was assassinated in Dallas the public and government increased presidential security by millions of dollars. School districts and teachers unions refuse to budget one 9MM Glock pistol per school.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Until something is done that the pro gun community approves of then these shootings will continue to be blamed on us and our weapons.
GFZ's are popping up at a much higher rate then before and much faster then then few communities that are doing away with them, this does not appear to be an approach that is ACTUALLY working.

I'm not saying what you're suggesting wouldn't work. What I am saying, is things are going the other direction and faster the other direction by the day. If something doesn't change then the attacks will continue and the anti crowd will continue to grow.
gee, my guns and myself haven't attacked anyone.

lets persecute guns and gun owners simply because they have an item and they could be used for nefarious purposes.

i guess we could enlist scientists to come up with some sort of DNA study to test people to see if they would be prone to violence and should be denied the ability to own guns. but let not stop there, lets simply throw them in prison because they could actually use anything and start killing people.

lets live in he world of the Minority Report and prosecute people before they actually commit a violent deed.

lets invent a time travel device and go back in time and kill those who commit violent deeds before they can do them. or go back in time and kill them before they are born.

man has been killing man since the dawn of time. man has been killing for thousnads of years before guns were invented. even guns were to disappear or had never even been invented, man would still be killing man. so the gun is only an instrument that has been employed to do the job in a more efficient manner, not the means of desire, for that resides in the heart of the man that does the deed.

but please explain what compromises we gun owners should make to make non-gun owners and the gun hating liberals feel safer with us owning them?
what liberties should we forsake to gain their trust?
how much more of gun rights should we allow them to take so they feel better?
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #14

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
gee, my guns and myself haven't attacked anyone.

lets persecute guns and gun owners simply because they have an item and they could be used for nefarious purposes.

i guess we could enlist scientists to come up with some sort of DNA study to test people to see if they would be prone to violence and should be denied the ability to own guns. but let not stop there, lets simply throw them in prison because they could actually use anything and start killing people.

lets live in he world of the Minority Report and prosecute people before they actually commit a violent deed.

lets invent a time travel device and go back in time and kill those who commit violent deeds before they can do them. or go back in time and kill them before they are born.

man has been killing man since the dawn of time. man has been killing for thousnads of years before guns were invented. even guns were to disappear or had never even been invented, man would still be killing man. so the gun is only an instrument that has been employed to do the job in a more efficient manner, not the means of desire, for that resides in the heart of the man that does the deed.

but please explain what compromises we gun owners should make to make non-gun owners and the gun hating liberals feel safer with us owning them?
what liberties should we forsake to gain their trust?
how much more of gun rights should we allow them to take so they feel better?
They won't be happy until the 2A is abolished and the government has a monopoly on force.

Last edited by 1911love; 12-29-2013 at 03:20 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #15

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
and just who is qualified to make these decisions that will adversely affect a person's ability to own a firearm?

i hardly think someone who is anti-gun to start with is objective to be making such decisions in the first place.

what qualities would we have them make such determinations based on what?

BTW, it's already illegal for a person to possess or buy a firearm if they are judged to be mentally defective in the first place. but it has to go through a court of law and be presided over and ruled by a judge.

this stupid law would put more power in the hands of those who have an agenda to fulfill and not actually keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them in the first place. too much power in the hands of small minded people who haven't any common sense to begin with.

but you are free to disagree if you want to.
I agree with you 150%. Nothing I can add to make this better.
People Like This 
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #16

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

If every time some nutcase went into a school or a mall and started shooting...they were shot and killed by an armed citizen, this crap would stop in a hurry. No need for judge or jury. You start shooting innocent people...you deserve to die. End of story.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2616 Times on 1442 Posts
Likes Given: 4148

i did read the article. It's very poorly written and long. The proposed law would require a judge's ruling that the gunowner was a threat to himself or others. The NRA dropped its opposition to the previous bill after it was amended.

Quote:
Biden’s legislation, House Bill 88, would require mental health providers to call police if they suspected a patient presented a danger to themselves or others. Police could then investigate and submit a report to the Delaware Department of Justice, where lawyers, if they believed it was warranted, could petition a judge to compel a patient to turn over their weapons. A judge must find “clear and convincing evidence” that the patient presents a danger to require them to turn over their weapons.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

The NRA withdrew opposition after House lawmakers voted to amend it before approval, requiring the “clear and convincing” standard for evidence and protecting gun rights of anyone living with a patient who had their rights revoked. In a message to members on its website, the NRA’s lobbying arm said the “clear and convincing” language guards “against erroneous accusations and protect due process rights when it comes to the potential disposition of one’s property.”
There have been several high profile mass murders committed by wild eyed nutcases who were never reported to proper authority. Had folks gotten off their lazy rears and reported the nutcases who shot Gabby Giffords, murdered several of her party, and murdered folks in that CO theater our Second Amendment rights would be more secure today. Had Nancy Lanza woke up and realized that she was coddling and abetting a true monster those kids and teachers may be alive today.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-06-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #18

Liked 93 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default common sense discussion

Quote:
Democratic Rep. Michael Barbieri in the House, establishes a process to ban Delawareans from owning a gun if a mental health professional suspects they present a danger to themselves or others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Sounds sensible to me. Would I want someone that said that they wanted to go on a mass shooting spree to legally obtain firearms NO. Obviously they could get them illegally but why make it easy for them. To me allowing someone that is known to be a danger to themselves and others legally obtain firearms doesn't make sense. I am sure others will disagree , just my opinion.

Yes, Let's have a common sense discussion:

Ok on the above - With a meaningful comprise!
IF, I suspect someone to be a liberal idiot and report them as such -
They could no longer vote and be a danger to themselves and others.
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

Exactly what do you want us to do? Concede to the antigunners? Give them the laws they want? Screw that! We have given them enough, so it's time they start giving.

Our ideas are sound, and could very well work. It's not our fault if the antigunners are too stupid to realize this. We WILL NOT give in to laws that won't work, and will only serve to restrict us and make the antigunners happy.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #20

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

The media is the major problem in mass shootings. Until the media is willing to stop selling us out for a good story we are going to have mass murders. No one in China can have a gun. That didn't stop an idiot from knifing 21 kids in classroom. Dead or injured is dead or injured no matter what weapon is used. A mentally unstable person can do as much or more damage with a brush ax as a gun. The brush ax doesn't run out of ammo. Whats next? No more tools? I know! We can put a big tax on hand tools so only the rich can afford those dangerous hand tools.

If the laws that are currently on the books were enforced we could stop a lot of violence. How many gun shops that lose way to much inventory have been shut down?

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.