Define Irony.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Define Irony.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default Define Irony.

So me and some friends were talking about the M1 Carbine 'cause one of 'em got one recently,and the design/development phase came around in discussion,and we got to talking about a man called "Carbine" Williams.

Some of the old timers here might know about this guy.

His real name was David M. Williams,and David was a ex-convict,convicted of murder no less,who designed the gas system used in the M1 while still serving his sentence.

After his release,he was hired by none less then Winchester after a glowing recommendation by none less then General Julian Hatcher (you know,the guy who wrote "Hatcher's Notebook","Book of The Garand",etc) himself.

Imagine that!

Imagine if the GCA68 had applied back then?

Winchester wouldn't have been able to hire this man!

America would have been without a very splendid service weapon that gave over 30 years of service!

The irony is so thick here you can cut it with a knife.

What was once a nation that believed in inalienable rights AS PROVEN by a ex-convict murderer being hired by Winchester after being released from serving his time to help develop a service weapon as prominent as the M1 Carbine,is now a place where ownership of weapons is a government regulated privilege as construed by a plagiarized law from a regime which that very rifle was instrumental in taking down,and this is being justified by activists in black robes in direct contradiction to known history itself.

What a bunch of bull****!!!!!

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 09-03-2012 at 01:03 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Very interesting.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Didn't John Moses Browning design and build his first gun at age 11? Today, him and his parents would be arrested.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #4

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

Carbine Williams (1952) Jimmy Stewart:

Movie Details:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044480/

History Channel:

KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #5

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I've had occasion to shoot an M1 Carbine at the range once,when I was working with my AK and a gentleman had one there.

I had a plastic bag dancing in the air at 50 yards or so with that thing,it was so fast and accurate.

Wouldn't trade my beloved AK for one,but I still wouldnt mind having one for my own.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%