Deferred adjudication in texas
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Deferred adjudication in texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Deferred adjudication in texas

Can you legally own a weapon in Texas if you complete differed adjudicated probation? The court papers said that the court recognized the completion of probation and the indictment was dismissed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6330 Times on 3353 Posts
Likes Given: 464

Prolly need to consult your attourney for a ruling on law issues.

Somethings like child molestation and beating a wife stick with ya. Not saying thats what you did or didnt do i have no clue and mean no offense. Just using them as an extreme example

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 08-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My attorney said I could still own when I was in court taking my deal but I've heard different things

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9916 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 1561

While we HAVE had a couple of attorneys that are members here, last I saw of them they were hiding under the table, and whimpering softly.

I would urge you to follow the advice of YOUR attorney that is licensed in YOUR state. There is a major difference between a deferred adjudication and probation. In MY state, a deferred adjudication, once satisfied, results in withdrawal of charges. There IS no conviction.

However, I am not IN your state. Your attorney IS.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah I have been going with what he said and I own and carry in the car now but just want to make sure but until I'm told a definite no ill
Continue to own. The way I interpreted the part in my papers about the indictment is dismissed is that there's no conviction

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3042 Times on 1588 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Deferred adjudication should not result in a "final conviction". You should be elligible for expungment or erasure of the record. For best results pay the attorney to file the paperwork to have the entire record expunged so there is nothing on your record at all.

Of course I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, so take my advise with a grain of salt.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball