Defense for the First One or Few to be Arrested In CT
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Defense for the First One or Few to be Arrested In CT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

Default Defense for the First One or Few to be Arrested In CT

We all know it's coming. Someone who was brave enough to NOT register their "Assault" Weapon here in Commieneticut is going to be the first to be arrested and made an example of. Are we going to stand by and let him loose all his life savings, his job, (he'll be a felon) and probably everything he owns trying to defend himself in court?????
If we do we'll be next!!!
I beg EVERYONE, please right now get at least a $10 bill and put it in an envelope and be ready to SEND IT TO HIM, (Do you think the NRA will help him? I doubt it.) the first guy that gets screwed by this horrible law. He will need the best defense he can get to save him from the tyranny!
A few bucks will be well spent from every gun owner to fight this. $10 is less than a box of bullets! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! Can you imagine the news media coverage if thousands of gun owners send him $10??? It would be the best thing that could happen.
I hope the first guy is NOT YOU!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #2

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I have set aside $100.00 to donate to the cause as soon as it becomes needed and I am reasonably sure it's not a scam. I have been watching http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/ for his take on this subject. Personally I hope that they pull a Colorado and recall all the Progressives responsible for this piece of nastiness.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 03-23-2014, 01:51 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Connecticut is beyond repair. For a state that is among the original 13, and a state that has had a multitude of firearms manufacturers, it is a pitiful state of affairs.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1065 Times on 553 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS-15 View Post
We all know it's coming. Someone who was brave enough to NOT register their "Assault" Weapon here in Commieneticut is going to be the first to be arrested and made an example of. Are we going to stand by and let him loose all his life savings, his job, (he'll be a felon) and probably everything he owns trying to defend himself in court?????
I beg EVERYONE, please right now get at least a $10 bill and put it in an envelope and be ready to SEND IT TO HIM, (Do you think the NRA will help him? I doubt it.) the first guy that gets screwed by this horrible law. He will need the best defense he can get to save him from the tyranny!
A few bucks will be well spent from every gun owner to fight this. $10 is less than a box of bullets! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! Can you imagine the news media coverage if thousands of gun owners send him $10??? It would be the best thing that could happen.
Depends. I would have to know a little more about this individual first.

Did he/she vote for Obama, if so screw em.

Did he/she vote for Gov. Malloy, if so screw em.

Did he'she vote third party Spoiler, if so screw em.

Did he/she stay home on election day just to teach those Wascally Wepublicans a lesson, if so screw em.

Did he/she vote for any Democrat in the last 10 years, if so screw em.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1065 Times on 553 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS-15 View Post
Just so you and your Anti-NRA crowd are aware, read this. If can't take the time to read it all, it basically says ,
The NRA is currently backing a lawsuit, Shew v. Malloy, to challenge the constitutionality of several provisions of the law, including its expanded bans on semiautomatic firearms and its restrictions on magazine capacity. Some have wondered why the NRA has not appeared as a named plaintiff in the suit. Simply put, experience has often shown that NRA is more effective in lending its expertise and resources, rather than its name, to litigation.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/3/connecticut-confusion-reigns-as-gun-control-law-takes-effect-meanwhile-nra-continues-the-fight.aspx

So screw your Anti-NRA BS as you have No clue how hard the NRA is fighting and how much $Money$ they are spending in CT.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

You're right. I don't know how much the NRA is spending in CT. CT is the front line in the battle, flanked by NY and RI. I'm not anti NRA. I just don't think they are doing as much as they could. They are better than nothing though. I do realize that without them we would have lost the fight a long time ago.
My post was to try to give an idea on how each gun owner could have some influence and input when it hits the fan to try to win this battle. Not bash the NRA.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #7

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

my guess is the first person getting arrested in CT will be someone who flaunts / pushes it too far. someone who is out looking for attention, or to BE that test case. for such a person, my $10 stays in my wallet......

other example would be the guy getting arrested for other weapons charges (stolen weapons sales/possession for example, dealing drugs, etc) and because he also has 30 round mags or an unregistered AR he gets a separate charge for that

again, $10 stays in my wallet......

Last edited by chloeshooter; 03-24-2014 at 09:40 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1459 Posts
Likes Given: 793

The NRA has picked a winnable case. Not only does the person involved with the test case have to be innocent, they have to have a clean record. The person for the test case has to be a good listener, not a loose cannon. The NRA can find this person a lot better than we can.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

People Like This 
Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2250 Times on 1224 Posts
Likes Given: 3512

The NRA could spend it's entire budget on fighting gun control in CT, NJ, and NY and it would make little or no difference. Gun rights do not resonate with most voters in those states.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1459 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The NRA could spend it's entire budget on fighting gun control in CT, NJ, and NY and it would make little or no difference. Gun rights do not resonate with most voters in those states.

The NRA won in Washington DC. I really doubt those people care about gun rights either. See Washington DC vs Heller.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

People Like This