Debate Thread: Countering Gun Control - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Debate Thread: Countering Gun Control


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ez2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MODESTO CA.
Posts: 1,788
Liked 561 Times on 379 Posts

Default

Lol

I just see a lot of bickering going on is all
Ez2b is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 2,062
Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Default

Quote:
I just see a lot of bickering going on is all
As you mentioned Piers Morgan for example. He was rightly criticised and even had death threats for comparing firearms ownership in America and the UK and the high murder rate in America to the number of firearms in circulation. I see people posting on this forum all the time comparing the UK and America and saying that the violent crime rate in the UK is due to the lack of firearms. In other words they doint like Morgan making comparisons between the two countries and then go to do what they are criticizing him for. Usually wrong just like Morgan.

Last edited by manta; 04-02-2014 at 09:26 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
As you mentioned Piers Morgan for example. He was rightly criticised and even had death threats for comparing firearms ownership in America and the UK and the high murder rate in America to the number of firearms in circulation. I see people posting on this forum all the time comparing the UK and America and saying that the violent crime rate in the UK is due to the lack of firearms. In other words they doint like Morgan making comparisons between the two countries and then go to do what they are criticizing him for. Usually wrong just like Morgan.
just so we get back on track. crime and crime rates have nothing in the world to do with liberal anti-gun politicians pushing for stiffer gun control laws. it never has been. that is nonsense fed to the masses for them to feel more secure and all warm and fuzzy at night while their rights are stripped from them FOOG. the liberalanti-gun media keeps spreading the lies so the masses can eat it up an come back for more. it is one of the biggest lies when it comes to the reasons the liberal gun haters push for stricter gun control laws.

if we didn't have guns, and we had swords, it would be "sword control laws" or if we had bows and arrows, it would be "bow and arrow control laws" with the key word being CONTROL. that simple.

why is when they were pressed on the issue, that all those gun control proposals made after the Sandy Hook School Massacre, that Biden himself said, that none of those proposals would have made any difference in the outcome at that school? so they want to push laws they no are ineffective, for what reason? very simple. more control over the citizens.

simply put, if you buy into the liberal anti-gun crap that more or stricter gun control laws are about reducing or detering crime and criminal acts, then join the sheep following the liberal gun haters, because you are simply too blind to see the real truth, and you don't deserve to own a gun.
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 AM   #54
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,014
Liked 1367 Times on 760 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
What's your point. ?
Firearms in the hands of American civilians is not a factual problem for America (although all of our "civilized" betters deplore the fact that we are numerous and armed). The "problem" is manufactured in the heads of people with more fear than critical thinking skills, kinda like the notion of "safety" (an entirely fictitious concept) and "control" (another entirely fictitious concept). That and people want us disarmed so they can murder us at their leisure.

For some of our "civilized" betters, having a firearm is a "safety" issue and they must be eliminated "for the children" that the political faction who cares about them so much while openly advocating for their murder before they're even born, because it's a "woman's right to choose".

Of course, our "betters" will be armed, irrespective of whether or not the unwashed, unclean masses are and you can bet that they'll use them if ever they feel threatened.

Every time I hear from someone about how guns are not the answer and we need to all learn to get along with each other, I feel as though someone was asleep in history class, for the entire course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Again what's your point. Is there a question there or is it just a statement. ?
If there was a question there, I'd have put a question mark in there somewhere.
kbd512 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #55
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,014
Liked 1367 Times on 760 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Default

Manta,

Regarding my "points", they're pretty simple.

1. If you want to have a firearm, you should be able to have one.

2. If you don't want a firearm, don't buy one.

3. Firearms in the hands of civilians are not a "danger to public safety" (because safety isn't real). Yes, some people will be murdered or accidentally killed with firearms, in much the same way that people are murdered with sharp and blunt objects and accidentally killed by motor vehicles.

4. I like to deal in concrete concepts that revolve around numbers, statistics, and evidence. People who advocate for "gun control" (more fiction) don't like discourse about that because the numbers don't support their arguments (apart from the fact that people do use guns to kill people). So what's their point?

5. Nobody bats an eye at the number of people killed by doctors wearing neckties here, but they're bothered by civilians owning firearms? Does it matter how you die if you're still dead? Is it less hurtful to die from an infection caused by stupid medical practices than it is from a bullet? Do people who die from staph infections wind up in a special place that people felled by a bullet don't get to go to?

Are we going to have a conversation about what's "fair" (yet again, more fiction)?

Someone please construct a logical argument regarding why guns are enough of a problem to merit certain people to connive to take away from other people that they don't like or disagree with the most effective means to defend themselves against other people who attempt to injure or kill them. Anyone?

I've asked that simple question repeatedly of all the people who believe guns should not be in the hands of civilians and I've yet to hear an answer that's logically valid (supported by evidence) that suggests that guns in the hands of civilians do more harm than good.
kbd512 is offline  
9
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Manta,

Regarding my "points", they're pretty simple.

1. If you want to have a firearm, you should be able to have one.

2. If you don't want a firearm, don't buy one.

3. Firearms in the hands of civilians are not a "danger to public safety" (because safety isn't real). Yes, some people will be murdered or accidentally killed with firearms, in much the same way that people are murdered with sharp and blunt objects and accidentally killed by motor vehicles.

4. I like to deal in concrete concepts that revolve around numbers, statistics, and evidence. People who advocate for "gun control" (more fiction) don't like discourse about that because the numbers don't support their arguments (apart from the fact that people do use guns to kill people). So what's their point?

5. Nobody bats an eye at the number of people killed by doctors wearing neckties here, but they're bothered by civilians owning firearms? Does it matter how you die if you're still dead? Is it less hurtful to die from an infection caused by stupid medical practices than it is from a bullet? Do people who die from staph infections wind up in a special place that people felled by a bullet don't get to go to?

Are we going to have a conversation about what's "fair" (yet again, more fiction)?

Someone please construct a logical argument regarding why guns are enough of a problem to merit certain people to connive to take away from other people that they don't like or disagree with the most effective means to defend themselves against other people who attempt to injure or kill them. Anyone?

I've asked that simple question repeatedly of all the people who believe guns should not be in the hands of civilians and I've yet to hear an answer that's logically valid (supported by evidence) that suggests that guns in the hands of civilians do more harm than good.
KBD, there is no logical answer that they can provide. and there is no evidence yet that anyone has been able to provide. if there were, surely it would have surfaced after all these years.

i will expand on your well said thoughts with this, gun control is about control. strip people of their gun rights and guns, and you strip them of the ability to excercise their other rights.
Axxe55 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Merlin40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 38
Liked 24 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default

god-guns.jpg

This says it all.
__________________
Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step, will surely be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge”.
Author Unknown
Merlin40 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,842
Liked 921 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin40 View Post
Attachment 141093

This says it all.
That missed #3... Sh!t their pants while waiting.
__________________
Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
Mason609 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,624
Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
As you mentioned Piers Morgan for example. He was rightly criticised and even had death threats for comparing firearms ownership in America and the UK and the high murder rate in America to the number of firearms in circulation. I see people posting on this forum all the time comparing the UK and America and saying that the violent crime rate in the UK is due to the lack of firearms. In other words they doint like Morgan making comparisons between the two countries and then go to do what they are criticizing him for. Usually wrong just like Morgan.

The United states doesn't have to defend it's murder rate to any country. The US has a very low murder rate when compared to the rest of the world. It's foolish for gun owners to allow the anti's to compare murder rates with a handful of countries that have a lower murder rate than the USA.

We need to change the question when the anti's cherry pick stastitics. Like Bobby Jhindal said we have to stop being stupid. The USA is a safe place to live. We have one of the lowest murder rates in the world. We need to make social changes, not bother law abiding citizens.
John_Deer is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The United states doesn't have to defend it's murder rate to any country. The US has a very low murder rate when compared to the rest of the world. It's foolish for gun owners to allow the anti's to compare murder rates with a handful of countries that have a lower murder rate than the USA.

We need to change the question when the anti's cherry pick stastitics. Like Bobby Jhindal said we have to stop being stupid. The USA is a safe place to live. We have one of the lowest murder rates in the world. We need to make social changes, not bother law abiding citizens.
crime has nothing to do with gun control. it never has and it never will be. you are still feeding off the liberal nonsense that is what it's about. keep repeating it enough, and you become a spokesman for them.

in what part of the 2nd amendment does it mention guns are to protect ourselves from crime? for sporting use? none. it's about protecting ourselves from the tyrrany and oppression from an out of control government.

if gun control laws were about detering or stopping crime, then why haven't they worked yet, with all the laws they have? very simple. they never were intended to and all the politicians pushing for stricter gun control laws, restrictions and bans know this, and have known it for decades. seperate guns from the citizens and you now have unarmed subjects who are much easier to control.
Axxe55 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Countering Gun Control ScottA Legal and Activism 197 08-07-2015 02:27 PM
An Intelligent Debate on Gun Control northhike Firearms in the Media 1 01-15-2013 01:33 PM
gun control debate mountainman13 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 07-25-2012 08:49 PM
Here's How to End the Gun Control Debate for Good GoBlue Legal and Activism 11 10-22-2010 02:32 AM
An interesting read on the Handgun Control Debate BunnyWabbit Legal and Activism 4 09-02-2010 10:59 PM



Newest Threads