Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Dead DA's in Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Dead DA's in Texas

I know there's another thread on this, but it seems to be undergoing a thread drift right now.

With regard to the Assistant DA who was shot a few months ago, and the elected District Attorney who was recently shot, I don't think it's from either drug cartels or an established Aryan Brotherhood group.

I was an assistant DA in Tarrant County, not too far west of Kaufman County, then a defense attorney that occasionally had cases in Kaufman. In fact, I delt with the D.A. who was shot.

I don't think it was Mexican cartels declaring war on Texas prosecutors. Kaufan is way too far north, and is not a hotbed of activity for the cartels there. It's a small town and a minor county. Likewise, most organized criminal organizations steer clear of shooting cops or prosecutors, as they know what kind of heat it will bring down on 'em. It just isn't worth the trouble.

More likey something local.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 339

No offense, but I wouldn't put anything past lawyers, drug cartels, the Aryan Brotherhood, or any other prison gang.

Shooting someone 20 times seems to indicate something of a personal nature. It probably was a result of something job-related, but drug cartels and prison gangs generally don't shoot someone 20 times. If they wanted to make a point or draw attention to it, there are other ways of doing that (like hanging people from bridges, cutting their heads off, mailing parts of people to the police, etc).

Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

It seems like some group is metering their brand of justice. All the high profile LOAs could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

I don't get the pizza driver in all this, out of place with the others.