De Facto Gun Control - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > De Facto Gun Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6605 Times on 3680 Posts
Likes Given: 6261

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Good thing you have your tin foil hat then, huh!

hey man I got a tinfoil lined bunker!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #22

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
hey man I got a tinfoil lined bunker!
Make sure you have a blanket liner between your tin foil and the inner wall of your bunker. You don't want to have too much condensation buildup. It'll fry your electronics!

eldar

Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #23

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I can tell you without doubt that there has never in history been a military like the U.S. military.

These folks are our sons, brothers, fathers, daughters, sisters, neighbors, and fellow Americans.
Let me begin by saying I have the greatest respect and admiration for our military. They are the greatest military on the planet. You are correct, they are family and friends. But aren’t the members of all military forces of any tyrannical government in history family and friends of others - somewhere? So your statement makes no sense.
I’m usually don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories but look at Obummer’s record/MO. Don’t think for a moment he won’t act if given the opportunity.

Proud NRA Member
Proud GOA Member

"Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns."

Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

You are correct in this statement except to say that none of them volunteered to serve their country. They were pressed into service and coerced into following the orders of their leaders on the fear of death or the death of their family. Their ancestors did not fight against a tyrannical government to obtain their own freedom and with their progeny continuing the fight like we have in this country.

There has not been nor will there be another country like ours. Many will follow suit, but it will be from a country that already exists.

One more thing, there is no one that will support Obubblehead should he try to go all tyrannical and immulate all of the other FALLEN despots of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCarry View Post
But aren’t the members of all military forces of any tyrannical government in history family and friends of others - somewhere?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #25

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
You are correct in this statement except to say that none of them volunteered to serve their country. They were pressed into service and coerced into following the orders of their leaders on the fear of death or the death of their family. Their ancestors did not fight against a tyrannical government to obtain their own freedom and with their progeny continuing the fight like we have in this country.

There has not been nor will there be another country like ours. Many will follow suit, but it will be from a country that already exists.

One more thing, there is no one that will support Obubblehead should he try to go all tyrannical and immulate all of the other FALLEN despots of history.

exactly. I just don't see anything like that happening...military being activated and going door to door to confiscate weapons and turn us into a military police state run by obama. I was IN the military, just got out less than a year ago. many of my friends are still in the military. each and every one of us took an oath to SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, against ALL enemies, foriegn and DOMESTIC!

I know that if I was still in the military today, and asked to go door to door to confiscate weapons, or some other Marshall law type situation, I would not follow that order, most of the people I know that are still in, would also not follow that order.

Most of the people in the military cannot stand Obama, and voted conservative/republican in the last election. I find it highly unlikely that the military would be so quick to activate on behalf of the president, to act against the US population.

the police agencies however...I'm not so sure about. they are "controlled" by labor unions, and unions typically support democrats and encourage their members to vote accordingly. It's sad really, but here in Ohio, many of my friends in the police and fire departments voted AGAINST the republican party in the last election because the state government made a move to break up all the public sector unions (police, fire, teachers, etc) in an effort to give smaller communities more flexibility to balance their budgets however they saw fit, and the unions have these people brainwashed into thinking that without the union, they won't get paid.

my best friend from high school is a deputy, has very conservative views, but in Obama's first election, the union told him and the other deputies how amazing Obama was, and how great he would be, and all the wonderful things he was going to do for the people of the US and in particular, the public sector employees, and he voted for Obama as a result.

so...no, I do not fear the military acting against the people. I do think there is a much greater chance of the unionized, democrat supported police force taking some type of confiscation action, afterall, their leadership is on TV beating the gun-control drum as much as the liberal politicians, because "our officers face those guns on the street every day"

now....do I think that will actually happen? no. I don't. I still have faith that the system isn't totally broken yet, and that if the republican party can redefine their image and appeal to more minority voters, that a lot of obama's crap can be reversed. especially if we can show the hispanic population that the conservative/republican platform is "you get to keep more of the money you work for instead of having to give it away so it can be distributed to those who are not working" most mexicans I've ever met have been hard working individuals, willing to bust their ass all day long, for minimum wage, just because it was a job that was making money.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I would not be to concerned with any union at the moment. They are finally seeing what kind of horses a$$ that they have hitched their wagon to. The unions on all fronts are losing members at a scary rate.

One more thing, I seriously doubt that there is a LEO worth his or her salt would violate their oath. It is almost as powerful as the oath that all of us service members took.

Quote:
the police agencies however...I'm not so sure about. they are "controlled" by labor unions, and unions typically support democrats and encourage their members to vote accordingly. It's sad really, but here in Ohio, many of my friends in the police and fire departments voted AGAINST the republican party in the last election because the state government made a move to break up all the public sector unions (police, fire, teachers, etc) in an effort to give smaller communities more flexibility to balance their budgets however they saw fit, and the unions have these people brainwashed into thinking that without the union, they won't get paid.

my best friend from high school is a deputy, has very conservative views, but in Obama's first election, the union told him and the other deputies how amazing Obama was, and how great he would be, and all the wonderful things he was going to do for the people of the US and in particular, the public sector employees, and he voted for Obama as a result.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #27

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Fair enough. I know in the private sector, unions are a dinosaur on their way out. the public opinion of unions is at an all time low -- and you can't blame them when you hear stories of auto-workers smoking doobies and drinking booze on lunch break, then going back in to work the assembly line getting fired by corporate when found out, only to have their jobs re-instated because the union used them as a bargaining chip. "we'll give up $.03 an hour for all employees if you hire those 10 guys back"

or one of my own personal stories, union guy caught stealing, union got him his job back without much struggle from upper-management (Plant manager wanted him GONE), because management knew that contract negotiations were coming up, and wanted to "have a bargaining chip" to use against the union during negotiations "you WILL give us this, because we gave you your guy back" then he was caught stealing again 6 months later and finally lost his job for good.

I know my buddy who voted for Obama the first time around expressed that he had "buyers remorse" in about 6 months into the first term, but I also know a lot of the public sector employees in Ohio voted democrat in the last election because of Gov. Kasich's push to bust up their unions, and is why Sen. Sherrod Brown was re-elected.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We are in agreement here!

I can remember stories told to me by the elders of my family who swore by the unions. Back in their day the unions took care of the worker properly. They also helped the employer in the same fashion.

In today's world, the unions are nothing more than organized crime elements that make the Mafia cringe. Their hands are in the pockets and the backs of their political puppets at the Local, State and Federal Level.

Fortunately the people are finally seeing them for what they have become and are starting to bail out on them.

Let us hope that this trend continues.

Quote:
Fair enough. I know in the private sector, unions are a dinosaur on their way out. the public opinion of unions is at an all time low -- and you can't blame them when you hear stories of auto-workers smoking doobies and drinking booze on lunch break, then going back in to work the assembly line getting fired by corporate when found out, only to have their jobs re-instated because the union used them as a bargaining chip. "we'll give up $.03 an hour for all employees if you hire those 10 guys back"

or one of my own personal stories, union guy caught stealing, union got him his job back without much struggle from upper-management (Plant manager wanted him GONE), because management knew that contract negotiations were coming up, and wanted to "have a bargaining chip" to use against the union during negotiations "you WILL give us this, because we gave you your guy back" then he was caught stealing again 6 months later and finally lost his job for good.

I know my buddy who voted for Obama the first time around expressed that he had "buyers remorse" in about 6 months into the first term, but I also know a lot of the public sector employees in Ohio voted democrat in the last election because of Gov. Kasich's push to bust up their unions, and is why Sen. Sherrod Brown was re-elected.
locutus Likes This