De Facto Gun Control - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > De Facto Gun Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I don't doubt the hearts of 90% of our soldiers. My buddy was part of the clean up in Katrina. He was given the order to confiscate guns and he refused. He was stuck pulling dead bodies out of the water for a month as punishment. Not all of our soldiers will refuse the order.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Threetango Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And whadda ya think they'll do with it??

Does homeland security have enough "troops" to take on the public and the military???
DHS has around 200,000 employees and I'm fairly certain a large percentage of those people are office employees, both men and women, secretaries, management etc. That would leave a substantially lesser amount of their work force that are "field agents", most likely a third at best. This chart is sort of interesting on the structure of the DHS and it's child agencies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Homeland-security-orgchart-2008-07-17.png

Last edited by rocshaman; 02-06-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #13

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I know many Border Patrol and ICE Agents. These fellows are far and away more patriotic than many civilians. They are most all veterans and largely USMC.
I don't think they are to blame for the train wreck in Washington. The American voter has to bear that load. They are under fire from rifles provided by Obama and Holder. Now there is a "Plot".

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

And if they get overly stupid, I will provide fillers for said objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The government is also buying up body bags and coffins.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The government is also buying up body bags and coffins.
'Cause "sack race zombie" and "zombie in a box" is less scary than free-range zombie. At least they are addressing the zombie threat.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4595 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
'Cause "sack race zombie" and "zombie in a box" is less scary than free-range zombie. At least they are addressing the zombie threat.

NSDQ

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
someone said that the new buying spree by the government was because the previous ammo contracts had run out and it was time to renew said contracts and buy more ammo.

anyone know any real insight to this?

do we have any members who ARE law enforcement officers at local, state, or federal levels?

I had heard that the military was increasing it's periodic qualifications and eating up more ammo stateside. If this is true on the USAF side, I can tell you that it's about damn time, becuase for the last 10 years, they've had a "just in time" training mentality, where you could have some career fields that would go 2 or 3 years without deploying to an actual hot zone especially when you consider that the support structure for a lot of the heavy cargo aircraft, long range bomber aircraft etc. would be stationed in locations that were outside of combat zones.

I know too many dead people because of this idiotic and retarded practice of "saving time by eliminating wasteful training until just before it's needed" and we send people into war zones having only fired 30 practice rounds in 5 years, and then expect them to drive around in convoys and work side by side with Afghans and Iraqi's who are known to turn their US Issues weapons against the advisors that gave them the guns.

so on that token, If the military IS suddenly eating more ammo to train our men and women going into harms way, I'm all for it, even if it means that I have to wait a few months before I can buy ammo at wal-mart again. (I don't know if that's the case because I'm out now, but I can say that in my last few years in, they were pushing for more and more "just in time" training, where you don't get any of the combat skills refreshers while stateside, until a month before you deploy, and we're sending IT techs, Finance personnel, Supply troops, etc. into combat zones with minimal training)

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't buy into the whole "evil government, out to get you, turn us into a 3rd world country with military rule" conspiracies I keep hearing and reading about on the 'net.
I agree with the first three words of your last paragraph. You, locutus, 70cuda383, and nitestalker are naive.

Most of the necessary implements to sunder the rights of the Citizens of the US are already in place.

All it needs is one event to set it in motion.

eldar

Last edited by eldarbeast; 02-07-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added 70cuda383's name to the naive...

Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #18

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Not sure at this point if I buy the reasoning but will keep watch and an open mind.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #19

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
I agree with the first three words of your last paragraph. You, locutus, and nitestalker are naive.

Most of the necessary implements to sunder the rights of the Citizens of the US are already in place.

All it needs is one event to set it in motion.

eldar

Good thing you have your tin foil hat then, huh!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #20

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Good thing you have your tin foil hat then, huh!
That event is when the 'progressive liberals' take over control of the congress from the republicans in less than two years while maintaining control of the senate and white house.

eldar

PS Tin foil clashes with my grey hair.