De Facto Gun Control
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > De Facto Gun Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4726 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 1444

Default De Facto Gun Control

Think this might be possible ?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/de-facto-gun-control/

NSDQ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #2

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

From what it feels like right now we got more to worry about from state and local governing bodies trying to restrict our rights then we have fears of the feds doing a lot of things. But this is not out of the question with the feds and I would not put it past them to do just this.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww
From what it feels like right now we got more to worry about from state and local governing bodies trying to restrict our rights then we have fears of the feds doing a lot of things. But this is not out of the question with the feds and I would not put it past them to do just this.
I agree 100%. Unless SCOTUS acts to incorporate the 2A the states can do more to infringe than the feds can.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #4

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

someone said that the new buying spree by the government was because the previous ammo contracts had run out and it was time to renew said contracts and buy more ammo.

anyone know any real insight to this?

do we have any members who ARE law enforcement officers at local, state, or federal levels?

I had heard that the military was increasing it's periodic qualifications and eating up more ammo stateside. If this is true on the USAF side, I can tell you that it's about damn time, becuase for the last 10 years, they've had a "just in time" training mentality, where you could have some career fields that would go 2 or 3 years without deploying to an actual hot zone especially when you consider that the support structure for a lot of the heavy cargo aircraft, long range bomber aircraft etc. would be stationed in locations that were outside of combat zones.

I know too many dead people because of this idiotic and retarded practice of "saving time by eliminating wasteful training until just before it's needed" and we send people into war zones having only fired 30 practice rounds in 5 years, and then expect them to drive around in convoys and work side by side with Afghans and Iraqi's who are known to turn their US Issues weapons against the advisors that gave them the guns.

so on that token, If the military IS suddenly eating more ammo to train our men and women going into harms way, I'm all for it, even if it means that I have to wait a few months before I can buy ammo at wal-mart again. (I don't know if that's the case because I'm out now, but I can say that in my last few years in, they were pushing for more and more "just in time" training, where you don't get any of the combat skills refreshers while stateside, until a month before you deploy, and we're sending IT techs, Finance personnel, Supply troops, etc. into combat zones with minimal training)

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't buy into the whole "evil government, out to get you, turn us into a 3rd world country with military rule" conspiracies I keep hearing and reading about on the 'net.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

[QUOTE=70cuda383;1125652

Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't buy into the whole "evil government, out to get you, turn us into a 3rd world country with military rule" conspiracies I keep hearing and reading about on the 'net.[/QUOTE]

Long past time for more weapon training for the troops.

The military is our best defense against government tyranny.

Winston Churchill
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

You have some research to do. The military is getting more cuts. The soldiers are getting less ammo. The government ammo contracts are increasing and DHS and social security etc. are the ones getting the ammo.

I don't need No stinking signature.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

And whadda ya think they'll do with it??

Does homeland security have enough "troops" to take on the public and the military???

Winston Churchill

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of your quote but I can tell you for damn sure the military is not and has never been ,in the entire history of mankind, the best defense against a tyrannical government.

I don't need No stinking signature.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of your quote but I can tell you for damn sure the military is not and has never been ,in the entire history of mankind, the best defense against a tyrannical government.
I can tell you without doubt that there has never in history been a military like the U.S. military.

These folks are our sons, brothers, fathers, daughters, sisters, neighbors, and fellow Americans.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

The government is also buying up body bags and coffins.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."