CT revises its new gun control laws - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CT revises its new gun control laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #41
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty
You are making a fools argument. He has NO responsibility to stay in his truck. Public street, stranger walking through a neighborhood with a long history of break ins and George Zimmerman IS the head of the neighborhood watch and has foiled several robbery attempts within the last year.
Trayvon, an outsider known to no one in the neighborhood is the one who needs to explain his presence in a gated community. He was there by the way because he was on suspension from school for the 3rd time and his mom had kicked him out of her house, one of those suspensions being for drugs and the other one for possession of stolen property and burglary tools. You would have to be able to smell the $#!thead on this one from a mile away.
I'll answer your question with another question. When a man robs a convenience store and shoots everyone in there do you blame the victims of the attack for getting out of their vehicles? After all, they could have just stayed home.
The police told him to stay in his truck.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 06-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #42

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
A DISPATCHER told him to stay in his truck which they are trained to do to absolve the dept of liability. He left his truck AFTER he lost sight of Trayvon to see which direction he headed to point the cops in the right direction. His right/responsibility as neighborhood watch. He then was returning to his truck when Trayvon approached him. The call with dispatch ended with Zimmerman saying he was no longer following Trayvon.
This all happened because Trayvon decided to THUG UP and teach Zimmerman a lesson for following him. He's dead because he could not go on his merry way but decided that because a man had his back turned he should now teach him a lesson. LIVE LIKE A THUG, DIE LIKE A THUG.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson
etbob9 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

A DISPATCHER told him to stay in his truck which they are trained to do to absolve the dept of liability. He left his truck AFTER he lost sight of Trayvon to see which direction he headed to point the cops in the right direction. His right/responsibility as neighborhood watch. He then was returning to his truck when Trayvon approached him. The call with dispatch ended with Zimmerman saying he was no longer following Trayvon.
This all happened because Trayvon decided to THUG UP and teach Zimmerman a lesson for following him. He's dead because he could not go on his merry way but decided that because a man had his back turned he should now teach him a lesson. LIVE LIKE A THUG, DIE LIKE A THUG.
I'm done arguing with you.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
otisthecat Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #44

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have to question this. How many citizens when threatened would hid when a police dispatcher told them to stand down. The police told him to retreat? Was it the police commissioner, police chief or even a Beat cop? No it was a non-enforcement trained minimum wage telephone operator. These people are notorious for giving bad advice.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #45

Quote:

I'm done arguing with you.
I was unaware you were arguing. If that's how you argue, then you lack the skills to change one mind about anything. The side of freedom gains nothing by your presence.

Insolence without intelligence is useless. Ask our founders. They wrote a lot about it, being informed that is.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #46
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8274

gentlemen, can we please drop the whole TM thing here, and get back on subject? Personally, I have not formed an opinion on the Zimmerman case, and (I can only speak for myself here) I did not bear witness to the event that has led to this media sh!t storm. I fail to see what this argument has to do with CT gun laws.

Not trying to be an azzhole. Just trying to help keep this thread from being closed or sent to the politics etc. forum, or letting things get so far out of hand that the mods have to break out the ban hammer.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 06-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75
gentlemen, can we please drop the whole TM thing here, and get back on subject? Personally, I have not formed an opinion on the Zimmerman case, and (I can only speak for myself here) I did not bear witness to the event that has led to this media sh!t storm. I fail to see what this argument has to do with CT gun laws.

Not trying to be an azzhole. Just trying to help keep this thread from being closed or sent to the politics etc. forum, or letting things get so far out of hand that the mods have to break out the ban hammer.
Thank you.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

Agreed, just can't stand ignorance no matter where it rears its ugly head.

On the matter of CT, they "went full retard, You never go full retard."

Old 06-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #49

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
The police did not tell him to stay in the truck, a dispatcher did.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by chuckusaret; 06-15-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #50

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
A DISPATCHER told him to stay in his truck which they are trained to do to absolve the dept of liability.
How does this absolve the dept of liability? IMO, it places them at a greater risk. Dispatchers provide advice, most are not sworn officers and they have no authority what so ever.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln