CT revises its new gun control laws - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CT revises its new gun control laws

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

[QUOTE=FullautoUSA;1274929]No, I'm saying that an innocent teen was confronted by a man with a gun and he defended himselfQUOTE]

Absolutely, 100% wrong. Defending yourself is not accomplished by smashing someones head against the pavement and saying "you are going to die". All TM had to do is run. The gun wasn't an issue until it was used in self defense. TM didn't know that Zimmerman had a gun, until it was too late and was used on him.....THAT is self defense.

__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #22
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

He got out of the truck even though he knew he shouldn't have. Trayvon Martin could have run??? Zimmerman could have driven way!!!

__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

I'm not saying Zimmerman didn't make mistakes. You're absolutely correct he was told to stay in his car. By all rights he had no cause to approach the kid. Regardless, if someone has you pinned down on concrete and they are pounding away at you it is time to up the force factor. If I were in the same position I probably would have stayed in my vehicle but on the other hand if I was attacked as he was you can bet I would have put a round in the kid too.
Zimmerman may be a racist and a sofa ninja but that kid was no innocent. he was the type of person destined for prison. Have you seen the footage he took where he was reveling in two homeless guys fighting? Did you see the photos of Zimmerman after the encounter? That innocent kid could likely have killed him. He was a mess.

__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #24
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post

He got out of the truck even though he knew he shouldn't have. Trayvon Martin could have run??? Zimmerman could have driven way!!!
I completely agree.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #25
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I'm not saying Zimmerman didn't make mistakes. You're absolutely correct he was told to stay in his car. By all rights he had no cause to approach the kid. Regardless, if someone has you pinned down on concrete and they are pounding away at you it is time to up the force factor. If I were in the same position I probably would have stayed in my vehicle but on the other hand if I was attacked as he was you can bet I would have put a round in the kid too.
Zimmerman may be a racist and a sofa ninja but that kid was no innocent. he was the type of person destined for prison. Have you seen the footage he took where he was reveling in two homeless guys fighting? Did you see the photos of Zimmerman after the encounter? That innocent kid could likely have killed him. He was a mess.
I'm saying that Zimmerman was in the wrong.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
He got out of the truck even though he knew he shouldn't have. Trayvon Martin could have run??? Zimmerman could have driven way!!!
I agree. But it didn't happen that way. And there is no way that TM actions were self defense....that is my point. Did Zimmerman make mistakes, yep several. But losing his life over them wasn't an option. Two wrongs do not make a right, but Zimmerman is guilty of bad judgement, not murder, as his actions were in self defense.
__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #27
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound

I agree. But it didn't happen that way. And there is no way that TM actions were self defense....that is my point. Did Zimmerman make mistakes, yep several. But losing his life over them wasn't an option. Two wrongs do not make a right, but Zimmerman is guilty of bad judgement, not murder, as his actions were in self defense.
Trayvon Martin's actions of being frightened by man who followed him in a truck and then came at him with a gun, did not make him worthy of death, in fact they are common sense.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Trayvon Martin's actions of being frightened by man who followed him in a truck and then came at him with a gun, did not make him worthy of death.
I agree with that. But bashing a mans head in is a felony, not fear, not self-defense. TM was not in any danger until he started to attack Zimmerman. The outcome is a result of his actions. As I said before, TM could have run. But his "tough guy" attitude got him killed. He chose the path which led him to this end.
__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #29
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post

I agree with that. But bashing a mans head in is a felony, not fear, not self-defense. TM was not in any danger until he started to attack Zimmerman. The outcome is a result of his actions. As I said before, TM could have run. But his "tough guy" attitude got him killed. He chose the path which led him to this end.
Exactly what I was trying to say.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #30
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound

I agree with that. But bashing a mans head in is a felony, not fear, not self-defense. TM was not in any danger until he started to attack Zimmerman. The outcome is a result of his actions. As I said before, TM could have run. But his "tough guy" attitude got him killed. He chose the path which led him to this end.
What???!!! He was in danger the whole time. He was being followed by a racist nut.it wasn't his "tough guy attitude" that got him killed, it was Zimmerman's racist vigilante attitude that got him killed.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Control Laws alaskandude33 General Handgun Discussion 2 02-26-2013 02:01 AM
your overall stance on gun control laws hawkguy Legal and Activism 543 08-15-2012 09:40 PM
Illegal gun control laws clip11 Legal and Activism 37 09-08-2010 07:56 PM
What Now, Hillary? Bat Control Laws? gorknoids The Club House 9 09-22-2008 07:39 PM
Gun-control laws bkt Legal and Activism 2 05-03-2007 02:53 PM