Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   CT, Our Trouble is Here (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ct-our-trouble-here-101261/)

ALS-15 12-07-2013 12:45 AM

CT, Our Trouble is Here

We have 3 1/2 weeks to register our "EVIL" assault weapons and our "EVIL" high capacity mags or become FELONS! There is nothing we can do at this point that I know of. I'm going to do it. No choice. I can't tell you how awful I feel about this. I know it is the beginning of real bad things to come.
Does anyone know if the law has been challenged in court yet? I would move to the good old USA if I could. ( Where is the good old USA any way?)

towboater 12-07-2013 12:59 AM

As of now, Ky is still very gun friendly.

Sorry about your state.

duddie10 12-07-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS-15 (Post 1451216)
We have 3 1/2 weeks to register our "EVIL" assault weapons and our "EVIL" high capacity mags or become FELONS! There is nothing we can do at this point that I know of. I'm going to do it. No choice. I can't tell you how awful I feel about this. I know it is the beginning of real bad things to come.
Does anyone know if the law has been challenged in court yet? I would move to the good old USA if I could. ( Where is the good old USA any way?)

Yes there is a few law suits going on right now. We just lost one
too it to the supreme court. Lost. Big suprise. We tryed going after maloy for his 1 night closed door legislation over the "assult weapons" ban. No general discution was made no peoples debate time. Every thing that happened was against the constituion. Now to take it a step higher. This is why it is so important to joint ccdl,nra and other groups.

DrFootball 12-07-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duddie10
Yes there is a few law suits going on right now. We just lost one too it to the supreme court. Lost Big suprise. We tryed going after maloy for his 1 night closed door legislation over the "assult weapons" ban. No generals like th discution was made no peoples debate time. Every thing that happened was against the constituion. Now to take it a step higher. This is why it is so important to joint ccdl,nra and other groups.

Looks like the only way is get out! I feel for you folks. VT, ME, and PA are all thats left....

SSGN_Doc 12-07-2013 03:00 AM

CT, NY, MA, IL, CA need to be invaded by gun lovers, during an election year. Most of those states are against any voter ID. use their stupidity against them I say.

LIBERTY2 12-07-2013 04:02 AM

You most certainly do have a choice!!!!! Never let them get your firearm info. If that means moving or storing them out of state or breaking the law so be it. Better to die on my feet than to live on my knees.

Garadex 12-07-2013 06:37 AM

I would hide any guns that I plan to use for SHTF, as long as you feel fine with that, and I would register everything else.

ALS-15 12-07-2013 11:01 AM

Liberty2, With my back against the wall my choice is to do it because they already know I have them. If they didn't that might be another story. If they come to get them I won't be the only one to "Die on my feet."

alsaqr 12-07-2013 11:08 AM

i feel for our gunowning friends in CT, NY, CO and CA.

BTW: There is a downside to moving from a state like CT that has a really good economy and high paying jobs to a state with good gun laws and a sorry economy, like OK.

clr8ter 12-07-2013 11:13 AM

ALS, how do they already know you have them? And, as such, isn't a registry redundant and pointless? (Uh, that question is for them, I suppose…) DrFootball, you forgot NH. We are more gun friendly than PA & ME, I believe. You and everybody else is more than welcome.:)
So, anyway, this may answer one of my long-standing questions regarding this issue; Will people register, or will they hold out and keep their mouths shut in defiance? My suspicion is that while everybody talks a good game, most of us would register, particularly if "they" already know what you have. I am not necessarily excluding myself.