Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4677 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Here here! Not only that but many small businesses struggle to deal with WMrt's stranglehold on the uninformed consumer
Yes but the remainder of that argument is a push to force Wal Mart to unionize Masqueraiding as a cry to help small business, which I do not support.

My only aim is to ensure that gun owners do not become our own worst enemies by driving independent FFL's out of business to save a few bucks at Walley World.

This is dangerous and stupid...allowing any publicly traded company to corner the market on firearms would put a board of directors in control of which guns we could buy...Scary.

Tack

Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #22

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I'll wait and see where they stand.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #23

Liked 1283 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 308

The executive decisions that Walmart makes are based on the bottom line. They are betting that their actions are the best for the bottom line. They have very smart people who make these types of calculations; that is how they got to be the worlds largest retailer.

Think about it.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5499 Times on 3114 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Yes but the remainder of that argument is a push to force Wal Mart to unionize Masqueraiding as a cry to help small business, which I do not support.

My only aim is to ensure that gun owners do not become our own worst enemies by driving independent FFL's out of business to save a few bucks at Walley World.

This is dangerous and stupid...allowing any publicly traded company to corner the market on firearms would put a board of directors in control of which guns we could buy...Scary.

Tack

If we lose Wally world, we'll all be at the mercy of the local scalper.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #25

Liked 4677 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Not really...if WM drops guns there buying power and the ability to drive down prices goes away, yes, however, there leaving the market opens up opportunity for independent FFL's to flourish.

I've been in the Portland Metro area for 30 years...our WM's don't sell guns up here for fear of LIBTARD reaction and we have DOZENS of excellent independent FFL's competing for each others business.

I also travel extensively building/remodeling WM's and have lots of opportunity to check there gun prices whenever I do a store in Southern Oregon or Eastern Washington and there prices are only "marginally" lower than our Portland Metro Area FFL's.

Your "scalpers" need gun sales to survive, WM does not, and can drop them anytime there Board of Directors deems it so.

We've already seen "supposed" sporting goods retailers pull black rifles?

Thinking WM in the gun business is a good thing for 2A smacks of youth and a weak understanding of commerce.

Tack

Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #26

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
never heard of online sellers ... Brownell's? Natchez? Midway? Palmetto State? Midwest Industries?

if you don't like the prices at your local store than use an online store. The same principal we use against a giant corporation like Walmart works on the mom and pop shops too ... make your voice heard by taking your $$ elsewhere

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
never heard of online sellers ... Brownell's? Natchez? Midway? Palmetto State? Midwest Industries?

if you don't like the prices at your local store than use an online store. The same principal we use against a giant corporation like Walmart works on the mom and pop shops too ... make your voice heard by taking your $$ elsewhere
Yes, but you need a local FFL willing to do transfers. There is a good local guy here; he has a smaller shop and seems to realize he can't stock everything that anyone might want.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #28

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Yes, but you need a local FFL willing to do transfers. There is a good local guy here; he has a smaller shop and seems to realize he can't stock everything that anyone might want.
the Walmart here locally does not do transfers, just sales and ammo ... and I wouldn't miss them 1 bit if they quit selling either. I have a half dozen lgs's who will do transfers, anywhere from $20-$50.

If what I want can't be gotten locally than I just order it online

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Not really...if WM drops guns there buying power and the ability to drive down prices goes away, yes, however, there leaving the market opens up opportunity for independent FFL's to flourish.

I've been in the Portland Metro area for 30 years...our WM's don't sell guns up here for fear of LIBTARD reaction and we have DOZENS of excellent independent FFL's competing for each others business.

I also travel extensively building/remodeling WM's and have lots of opportunity to check there gun prices whenever I do a store in Southern Oregon or Eastern Washington and there prices are only "marginally" lower than our Portland Metro Area FFL's.

Your "scalpers" need gun sales to survive, WM does not, and can drop them anytime there Board of Directors deems it so.

We've already seen "supposed" sporting goods retailers pull black rifles?

Thinking WM in the gun business is a good thing for 2A smacks of youth and a weak understanding of commerce.

Tack
I agree with what your saying but my walmart has 2 black rifles that have been there for the past 2 or 3 months. They never pulled them off the shelf.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #30

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Obama needs Walmart to stand against the NRA. The Dems are claiming NRA members want more guns laws. They need Walmart the largest gun merchant to oppose the NRA. Walmart is dealing out with Holder and will dump on gun owners.