Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Here here! Not only that but many small businesses struggle to deal with WMrt's stranglehold on the uninformed consumer
Yes but the remainder of that argument is a push to force Wal Mart to unionize Masqueraiding as a cry to help small business, which I do not support.

My only aim is to ensure that gun owners do not become our own worst enemies by driving independent FFL's out of business to save a few bucks at Walley World.

This is dangerous and stupid...allowing any publicly traded company to corner the market on firearms would put a board of directors in control of which guns we could buy...Scary.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 614
Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default

I'll wait and see where they stand.
Warrior1256 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,876
Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

The executive decisions that Walmart makes are based on the bottom line. They are betting that their actions are the best for the bottom line. They have very smart people who make these types of calculations; that is how they got to be the worlds largest retailer.

Think about it.
__________________
"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan
Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,954
Liked 7283 Times on 4027 Posts
Likes Given: 7063

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Yes but the remainder of that argument is a push to force Wal Mart to unionize Masqueraiding as a cry to help small business, which I do not support.

My only aim is to ensure that gun owners do not become our own worst enemies by driving independent FFL's out of business to save a few bucks at Walley World.

This is dangerous and stupid...allowing any publicly traded company to corner the market on firearms would put a board of directors in control of which guns we could buy...Scary.

Tack

If we lose Wally world, we'll all be at the mercy of the local scalper.
__________________
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
If we lose Wally world, we'll all be at the mercy of the local scalper.
Not really...if WM drops guns there buying power and the ability to drive down prices goes away, yes, however, there leaving the market opens up opportunity for independent FFL's to flourish.

I've been in the Portland Metro area for 30 years...our WM's don't sell guns up here for fear of LIBTARD reaction and we have DOZENS of excellent independent FFL's competing for each others business.

I also travel extensively building/remodeling WM's and have lots of opportunity to check there gun prices whenever I do a store in Southern Oregon or Eastern Washington and there prices are only "marginally" lower than our Portland Metro Area FFL's.

Your "scalpers" need gun sales to survive, WM does not, and can drop them anytime there Board of Directors deems it so.

We've already seen "supposed" sporting goods retailers pull black rifles?

Thinking WM in the gun business is a good thing for 2A smacks of youth and a weak understanding of commerce.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
If we lose Wally world, we'll all be at the mercy of the local scalper.
never heard of online sellers ... Brownell's? Natchez? Midway? Palmetto State? Midwest Industries?

if you don't like the prices at your local store than use an online store. The same principal we use against a giant corporation like Walmart works on the mom and pop shops too ... make your voice heard by taking your $$ elsewhere
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
never heard of online sellers ... Brownell's? Natchez? Midway? Palmetto State? Midwest Industries?

if you don't like the prices at your local store than use an online store. The same principal we use against a giant corporation like Walmart works on the mom and pop shops too ... make your voice heard by taking your $$ elsewhere
Yes, but you need a local FFL willing to do transfers. There is a good local guy here; he has a smaller shop and seems to realize he can't stock everything that anyone might want.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Yes, but you need a local FFL willing to do transfers. There is a good local guy here; he has a smaller shop and seems to realize he can't stock everything that anyone might want.
the Walmart here locally does not do transfers, just sales and ammo ... and I wouldn't miss them 1 bit if they quit selling either. I have a half dozen lgs's who will do transfers, anywhere from $20-$50.

If what I want can't be gotten locally than I just order it online
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Not really...if WM drops guns there buying power and the ability to drive down prices goes away, yes, however, there leaving the market opens up opportunity for independent FFL's to flourish.

I've been in the Portland Metro area for 30 years...our WM's don't sell guns up here for fear of LIBTARD reaction and we have DOZENS of excellent independent FFL's competing for each others business.

I also travel extensively building/remodeling WM's and have lots of opportunity to check there gun prices whenever I do a store in Southern Oregon or Eastern Washington and there prices are only "marginally" lower than our Portland Metro Area FFL's.

Your "scalpers" need gun sales to survive, WM does not, and can drop them anytime there Board of Directors deems it so.

We've already seen "supposed" sporting goods retailers pull black rifles?

Thinking WM in the gun business is a good thing for 2A smacks of youth and a weak understanding of commerce.

Tack
I agree with what your saying but my walmart has 2 black rifles that have been there for the past 2 or 3 months. They never pulled them off the shelf.
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Obama needs Walmart to stand against the NRA. The Dems are claiming NRA members want more guns laws. They need Walmart the largest gun merchant to oppose the NRA. Walmart is dealing out with Holder and will dump on gun owners.
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Wal-Mart take over markw2011 The Club House 38 10-07-2012 10:19 AM
AR-15 @ WAL-MART under 500bucks... m72law AR-15 Discussion 101 07-10-2012 02:56 PM
wal-mart AR is interesting to me hawkguy AR-15 Discussion 191 03-27-2012 12:22 AM
At Wal-Mart today trip286 The Club House 13 10-23-2011 08:41 PM
Wal-Mart getting some stuff opaww The Club House 4 06-11-2011 01:43 AM



Newest Threads