Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

Default Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

So...the nations largest retailer has been brow beaten into attending meetings with Uncle Joe at the White House to discuss the industries side of curbing gun violence.

The administration believes the nations largest seller of guns would support the banning of private sales because it might send more customers to retailer FFL Dealers.

For many years I've been advocating the support of small, independent FFL's for EXACTLY this reason. Government pressure has already driven 2 former national leaders out of the gun business...by choice...because Sears and K Mart chose to buckle rather than risk offending a vocal minority.

Now, Wal Mart did not get to there position by being stupid and the've show BIG BALLS in telling the Government to pack sand in regard to Union threats.

My hope is that Wal Mart executives are aware of what happened to Tompkins Limited, the former owners of Smith and Wesson, when that firm crossed the industry and agreed to follow a set of regulations that Clinton could not get through congress. Long story short...every wholesaler in the country droped there S&W orders, the company hit the skids, and was sold shortly after for pennies on the dollar to Safe T Lock, a Texas bases gun lock manufacturer putting this cherished American brand back in American Hands and the agreement signed by Thompkins was rendered null and void by John Ashcroft, Bush's 1st Attorney General.

Manufacturers and Wholesalers need to put Wal Mart on notice that ANY capitulation to the POTUS will result in EMPTY gun cabinets and EMPTY ammo lockers.

Wal Marts choice needs to be to either back sportsman OR leave the gun and ammo business...and we need to ensure that IF they choose poorly...we force it to be the latter!

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #2

Personally...I already refuse to buy long guns from Wal Mart because there selection sucks and they do not sell handgun...FOOG of course.

Tack

Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 474 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 2125

Went to my local wal mart awhile back.
Bought a micro wave.
AND,
Went to the ammo locker.
Very poor selection.
Either sold out,
or sold out and not re ordering.
Finally got a salesman to come over and take care the people waiting.
Got two boxes,
that guy was really in a bad mood,
maybe having to deal with that evil stuff??
Got my two boxes,
he locked the cabinet.
rang up my order.
then went to the next guy waiting.
I asked if they still sold firearms,
got a "NO"
What the hell,
rather buy at Turners anyway.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Over the last five years I have bought 99% of my ammo at WalMart. That would be many thousands of rounds. I guess it is time to quit and also spread the word to my friends. Adios Wally Mart. May your sales and profits tumble.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5635 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

I do think Wallyworld is one of the few businesses with the muscle to hold their own with Biden and Odumbass. Heck, Wallyworld could probably buy them both and be selling cheap chinese-made knockoffs of them by the end of the month.

I don't remember buying a firearm at Wally's, but i do buy a good bit of my ammo there. I haven't had much trouble with their policies or attitude at my local store. Their stocks were pretty low last week though, but there was a worker there (after 9pm) to ask what i needed and tell me they were out until their next shipment.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 01-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander View Post
Over the last five years I have bought 99% of my ammo at WalMart. That would be many thousands of rounds. I guess it is time to quit and also spread the word to my friends. Adios Wally Mart. May your sales and profits tumble.
I'd hold that decision until we see who they stand with today.

Tack

Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1409 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 2871

Special ordered by Remington 700 VTR .223 model from Walmart a few years ago.

We have some Walmarts in the city sell no firearms, ammo and/or accessories. We also have 1 Walmart in Rio Rancho that sells ammo and accessories; but, no firearms.

I just hope Walmart stands it ground and says we will not give in.

If another has any news, please post it on what went on in the White House today.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1011 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 346

It is hard to predict what Wal Mart will do. At one point our local Walmarts got out of the firearms business. Then they started selling basic ammo and long guns maybe 10 years ago. They have never returned to the glory days when they were well stocked with decent ammo and high end firearms.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3743

Oh well. The union liberals and conspiracy types out to trash Wal-Mart again. So what's new??/

Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Oh well. The union liberals and conspiracy types out to trash Wal-Mart again. So what's new??/
I'm neither Union nor interested in trashing Wal Mart. I'm hoping they understand the Smith & Wesson story and do not fall into the same trap simply to avoid upsetting the Obambies...most of who could not afford to shop anywhere else anyway...

Tack