Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/croney-capitalists-wal-mart-80911/)

Tackleberry1 01-10-2013 04:53 PM

Croney Capitalists...Wal Mart?

So...the nations largest retailer has been brow beaten into attending meetings with Uncle Joe at the White House to discuss the industries side of curbing gun violence.

The administration believes the nations largest seller of guns would support the banning of private sales because it might send more customers to retailer FFL Dealers.

For many years I've been advocating the support of small, independent FFL's for EXACTLY this reason. Government pressure has already driven 2 former national leaders out of the gun business...by choice...because Sears and K Mart chose to buckle rather than risk offending a vocal minority.

Now, Wal Mart did not get to there position by being stupid and the've show BIG BALLS in telling the Government to pack sand in regard to Union threats.

My hope is that Wal Mart executives are aware of what happened to Tompkins Limited, the former owners of Smith and Wesson, when that firm crossed the industry and agreed to follow a set of regulations that Clinton could not get through congress. Long story short...every wholesaler in the country droped there S&W orders, the company hit the skids, and was sold shortly after for pennies on the dollar to Safe T Lock, a Texas bases gun lock manufacturer putting this cherished American brand back in American Hands and the agreement signed by Thompkins was rendered null and void by John Ashcroft, Bush's 1st Attorney General.

Manufacturers and Wholesalers need to put Wal Mart on notice that ANY capitulation to the POTUS will result in EMPTY gun cabinets and EMPTY ammo lockers.

Wal Marts choice needs to be to either back sportsman OR leave the gun and ammo business...and we need to ensure that IF they choose poorly...we force it to be the latter!

Tack

Tackleberry1 01-10-2013 05:25 PM

Personally...I already refuse to buy long guns from Wal Mart because there selection sucks and they do not sell handgun...FOOG of course.

Tack

shadecorp 01-10-2013 06:31 PM

Went to my local wal mart awhile back.
Bought a micro wave.
AND,
Went to the ammo locker.
Very poor selection.
Either sold out,
or sold out and not re ordering.
Finally got a salesman to come over and take care the people waiting.
Got two boxes,
that guy was really in a bad mood,
maybe having to deal with that evil stuff??
Got my two boxes,
he locked the cabinet.
rang up my order.
then went to the next guy waiting.
I asked if they still sold firearms,
got a "NO"
What the hell,
rather buy at Turners anyway.

Hollander 01-10-2013 06:35 PM

Over the last five years I have bought 99% of my ammo at WalMart. That would be many thousands of rounds. I guess it is time to quit and also spread the word to my friends. Adios Wally Mart. May your sales and profits tumble.

orangello 01-10-2013 06:37 PM

I do think Wallyworld is one of the few businesses with the muscle to hold their own with Biden and Odumbass. Heck, Wallyworld could probably buy them both and be selling cheap chinese-made knockoffs of them by the end of the month.

I don't remember buying a firearm at Wally's, but i do buy a good bit of my ammo there. I haven't had much trouble with their policies or attitude at my local store. Their stocks were pretty low last week though, but there was a worker there (after 9pm) to ask what i needed and tell me they were out until their next shipment.

Tackleberry1 01-10-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollander (Post 1088267)
Over the last five years I have bought 99% of my ammo at WalMart. That would be many thousands of rounds. I guess it is time to quit and also spread the word to my friends. Adios Wally Mart. May your sales and profits tumble.

I'd hold that decision until we see who they stand with today.

Tack

Bigcountry02 01-10-2013 07:29 PM

Special ordered by Remington 700 VTR .223 model from Walmart a few years ago.

We have some Walmarts in the city sell no firearms, ammo and/or accessories. We also have 1 Walmart in Rio Rancho that sells ammo and accessories; but, no firearms.

I just hope Walmart stands it ground and says we will not give in.

If another has any news, please post it on what went on in the White House today.

John_Deer 01-10-2013 07:35 PM

It is hard to predict what Wal Mart will do. At one point our local Walmarts got out of the firearms business. Then they started selling basic ammo and long guns maybe 10 years ago. They have never returned to the glory days when they were well stocked with decent ammo and high end firearms.

locutus 01-10-2013 08:42 PM

Oh well. The union liberals and conspiracy types out to trash Wal-Mart again. So what's new??/

Tackleberry1 01-10-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1088383)
Oh well. The union liberals and conspiracy types out to trash Wal-Mart again. So what's new??/

I'm neither Union nor interested in trashing Wal Mart. I'm hoping they understand the Smith & Wesson story and do not fall into the same trap simply to avoid upsetting the Obambies...most of who could not afford to shop anywhere else anyway...;)

Tack