Countdown to Illinois CCW - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Countdown to Illinois CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #71
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2050 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2222

I wouldn't want to risk this, but if it went down this way I'd roll on the floor laughing (for real). The governor has vowed to VETO any CCW law that hits his desk. Could he possibly be stupid enough to do that after all the amendments are added?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #72

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Hey they are politicians! They are more sneaky than smart. I know it's scary but what choice do we really have? Wonder what I gold and NRA think about our tactics. Outside help may be needed on this one.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #73

I agree. Someone with real experience needs to try to figure out whether it's practical to try to pass the original bill but block the amendments (or most of them). If that is unlikely to succeed, then I think you need to try to kill the bill. Remember that time is on your side. By June 9, you get the constitutional carry unless they pass something first. As written, the original 997 was probably a good deal. Shall issue, concealed or open, low cost, reasonable qualification test, etc. The amendments reduce the places you can go with a gun to almost nowhere.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #74

96 days to go. Keep hoping! (But sadly, all 8 amendments have been recommended by the Rules Committee. Contact your representatives. You DON'T want this amended bill.)

Balota

Last edited by Balota; 03-06-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #75

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Since Democrats are in control thru out the state, we have to count on the Pro Gun Dems from downstate to back us up. Tick Tock.....

Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #76

92 days. Almost half way there.

Contact your legislators and tell them you want them to vote against HB0997 as amended. The original bill would be pretty good. The amendments SUCK!

Attached link can get you started in this process...

www.core-illinois.org/find_my_legislator.html

Balota

Last edited by Balota; 03-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
92 days. Almost half way there.

Contact your legislators and tell them you want them to vote against HB0997 as amended. The original bill would be pretty good. The amendments SUCK!

Attached link can get you started in this process...

www.core-illinois.org/find_my_legislator.html
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=0997&GAID=12&GA=98&DocTypeID =HB&LegID=71413&SessionID=85

The Amendments have not been adopted yet. Each one will get voted on
individually. Then the Bill as a whole. More Amendments can still get
attached but have to be voted on on their own merits. The Reps and
Downstate Dems have the votes to pass a good bill. I think IGOLD had
a good effect as the stupidity has slowed. We have to keep the pressure on
our elected reps and see what they do. Might just get Constitutional Carry.

If we get that that will be very hard to change.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #78

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Your farther north and closer to those nutballs than I am, however I would place long odds on this state's politicians allowing the clock to run down without a lot of hoops (ie, training, permits, fees, large restrictions, etc).

Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
Your farther north and closer to those nutballs than I am, however I would place long odds on this state's politicians allowing the clock to run down without a lot of hoops (ie, training, permits, fees, large restrictions, etc).
Actually I would not, we had a CCW bill passed last year; but the governor
vetoed it as he promised we were 2 votes short of over-riding the veto.

"quinn the useless" cannot veto a Federal court order. We should have
enough no votes to stop bad laws. Then we have Constitutional Carry...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

The problem with Constitutional Carry is the home rule of Chicago. I believe local governments could enact random rules for where and when you can carry i.e. within a certain distance to a school and whatnot but it could vary depending on the city, village, township that you are in. I am by no means a lawyer or the brightest on the subject, but I believe that is a problem that could come of the Constitutional Carry.