Countdown to Illinois CCW - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Countdown to Illinois CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
125 days or less if they pass HB0997
Maybe Quinn can veto all of the bills between now and when the time
runs out and then our FOID's become our CCW permits!!! Wouldn't that
be nice.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #42
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3340 Times on 2019 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Maybe, but if HB0997 becomes law you get both concealed and open carry. Not sure about reciprocity, but that should be covered within the bill.

Maybe some interested Illini will take the time to make a Cliff Notes of HB0997 so the rest of you can review it more easily...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

Maybe Quinn can veto all of the bills between now and when the time
runs out and then our FOID's become our CCW permits!!! Wouldn't that
be nice.
Um not really! I know quite a few people with foid cards that should NOT carry a gun. It would Definitely be scary. I think some forum of training should be nessicary. Sorry!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #44

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Gun owners should not make comments like that when you are fighting for gun rights. Work to change the law to a positive. The Law will be enforced by police and court systems.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #45

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizman86 View Post

Um not really! I know quite a few people with foid cards that should NOT carry a gun. It would Definitely be scary. I think some forum of training should be nessicary. Sorry!
I second that! I know a few people with FOIDS that should NOT even be allowed to have a firearm.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #46

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizman86 View Post
How about training in grammar and syntax before being allowed to
use the Internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Gun owners should not make comments like that when you are fighting for gun rights. Work to change the law to a positive. The Law will be enforced by police and court systems.
Any gun law is Unconstitutional... I will reference, "...shall not be infringed"

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #47
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3340 Times on 2019 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Actually WizMan is right. There are plenty of people out there with FOID cards who are careless with guns. Some amount of training, or at least qualification, should be required. That's part of the "well-regulated" militia that 2A refers to. With rights come responsibilities. People who demonstrate their inability to control themselves are already enough of a danger to society behind the wheel of a car.

Also, if spelling and syntax were prerequisites for posting here, it would be a LOT less fun!

I also agree with Shade that 2A should be all the permit any of us need and all the rest of the laws are unconstitutional infringements.

Unfortunately, we already have a vast number of state regulations and federal regulations. Removing all of them is unlikely to happen. I can't afford to be the test case for Oklahoma, but even if I could, I'd never live long enough to travel from state to state becoming the test case for the other states or the federal laws.

The best we can probably do is to make them a little more uniform. The state farthest from the others is Illinois. HB0997 would put them right in the middle of most of the others. That would be a step forward.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Balota; 02-05-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #48

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizman86

While true it still points to a huge gap in law enforcement

If they can't be trusted to carry a gun they shouldn't be trusted to own one

Why are dangerous people being given a FOID?
Pretty much negates its existence

Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #49

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I knew quite a few people on here would not be happy with my comment. I just know way too many people who would be trigger happy and that's not a good thing for any of us. I am 100% for the constitution and fight for it constantly. I am just against those "bad apples" that will cause us more problems than good. People need to respect firearms and a foid card does not teach you that.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #50
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8888 Times on 5316 Posts
Likes Given: 11889

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
While true it still points to a huge gap in law enforcement

If they can't be trusted to carry a gun they shouldn't be trusted to own one

Why are dangerous people being given a FOID?
Pretty much negates its existence
A FOID card just means you've passed a background check. It does NOT mean the card holder knows how to handle a gun, stay safe with his/her gun or guarantee the FOID card holder/gun owner will take any steps to learn how to properly handle a gun.