Countdown to Illinois CCW - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Countdown to Illinois CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts

I hate to be that guy but you will most likely not be able to Cary in Illinois any time soon I assure you the law makers will do every thing in there powers to create a law that will restrict the ability to obtain a ccp just like we have in maryland
In other words u can't obtain a permit unless you have a good reason IE got robbed assaulted or raped and have a police report to back you claim up don't ask me about the logic behind that plz I wonder that myself everyday worst part they can deny you renewal after few years
Bottom line is if they don't want you to carry they will fined a way it's what they get paid for

Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #12

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamike
I hate to be that guy but you will most likely not be able to Cary in Illinois any time soon I assure you the law makers will do every thing in there powers to create a law that will restrict the ability to obtain a ccp just like we have in maryland
In other words u can't obtain a permit unless you have a good reason IE got robbed assaulted or raped and have a police report to back you claim up don't ask me about the logic behind that plz I wonder that myself everyday worst part they can deny you renewal after few years
Bottom line is if they don't want you to carry they will fined a way it's what they get paid for
Don't see how that's possible

We have the #s to prevent a strong arm

All we gotta do is wait 159 more days and the time limit expires, making open carry fully legal with our permits being FOID

Only way this does t happen is SCOTUS overturning their 2008 and 2010 decisions

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 01-01-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Don't see how that's possible

We have the #s to prevent a strong arm

All we gotta do is wait 159 more days and the time limit expires, making open carry fully legal with our permits being FOID

Only way this does t happen is SCOTUS overturning their 2008 and 2010 decisions
Sadly, with the current administration having the potential to appoint 1 to 3 more justices, the stage is set for decades of insanity from SCOTUS.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

If I'm correct when this happens every state in the country will allow carry?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamike View Post
There is no logic behind that, but at least there is the possibility of getting such a permit. In Illinois there was NO such possibility.

By the way, according to handgunlaws.us, Maryland is a "may issue" state which allows the administrator (usually the sheriff) to decide whether to issue. For personal protection, the applicant must demonstrate "a good and sufficient reason" such as robbery, assault, etc. And must back that claim up with police reports.

Are the police reports a matter of public record? It doesn't say the report has to be about such crimes with YOU as the victim. Gather up several such reports from an area near you. Claim that the frequency of such crimes creates your need for personal protection. Maryland isn't that big a state. It's close to DC where there's plenty of such crimes. The law doesn't say the report has to be from your state even.

Another method might be to start your own small business going door-to-door selling something (Amway or something like that?) As a business "owner" there are other ways to demonstrate the need to carry. Do enough business to get the required number of receipts and proofs of transactions. Then claim that you need to be armed due to the neighborhoods where you might go to sell your product.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
If I'm correct when this happens every state in the country will allow carry?
Illinois is the only state that does not have SOME form of permitted public carry. However, there are several states where the restrictions are so severe that very few can get the permits.

Balota

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #17

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Do you really think illinois "chicago thiefs" gonna let the ccw pass that easy lol really ? NOT they will battle the people hard all of a sudden after the court slaps the sate they wanna ban almost every kind of firearm ! It doesn't affect me anymore I moved to florida full time now. piss on illinois they can kiss my ass I'm tired of waking up to new rules and laws all the time about every single thing chitcago wants for their interest ! from smoking to guns to foods

Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #18

155 more days...

Balota

Old 01-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Not if they outlaw guns first.

These (Expletive Deleteded) just will not give up...
Well neither can we...

Quote:
LATE BREAKING ALERT – NEXT VOTE ON SEMI AUTO BAN WILL TAKE PLACE SUNDAY
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
After getting nowhere in the Senate, the gun controllers have taken their
campaign to destroy your rights to the Illinois House. Earlier today,
Amendment #1 to SB2899 was introduced in the Illinois House of
Representatives. Sponsored by rabidly anti-gun Rep. Eddie Acevedo, the
amendment would do two things to you:

1. It would pick your pocket to pay for the confiscation and destruction of your own guns.
2. It would ban more than 50% of the rifles and more than 80% of handguns owned by Illinois citizens.

THIS BILL WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE HOUSE JUDICIARY 1 COMMITTEE ON
SUNDAY AFTERNOON – YOU MUST ACT NOW!
To help save your guns, please contact the following Representatives and
politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you do
not support SB2899 and that you expect them to vote the amendment down.

1. Rep. Elaine Nekritz,. (217) 558-1004 and (847) 257-0450
2. Rep. John Bradley, (217) 782-1051 and (618) 997-9697
3. Rep. Jill Tracy, (217) 782-8096 and (217) 223-0833
4. Rep. Michael Connelly, (217) 782-8028 and (630) 579-4848
5. Rep. Dwight Kay, (217) 782-8018 and (618) 307-9200
6. Rep. Lou Lang, (217) 782-1252 and (847) 673-1131
7. Rep. Sid Mathias, (217) 782-1664 and (847) 222-0061
8. Rep. André M. Thapedi, (217) 782-1702 and (773) 873-4444
9. Rep. Arthur Turner, (217) 782-8116 and (773) 277-4700
10. Rep. Ann Williams, (217) 782-2458 and (773) 880-9082
11. Rep. Michael Zalewski, (217) 782-5280 and (708) 442-6500

REMEMBER – THE AMENDMENT TO SB2899 WILL BE VOTED ON IN COMMITTEE
SUNDAY AFTERNOON – START CALLING THESE REPRESENTATIVES BEGINNING
SATURDAY AND CONTINUE CALLING THRU SUNDAY

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7191 Times on 4327 Posts
Likes Given: 8769

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamike View Post
In other words u can't obtain a permit unless you have a good reason IE got robbed assaulted or raped and have a police report to back you claim up don't ask me about the logic behind that plz I wonder that myself everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
or personal protection, the applicant must demonstrate "a good and sufficient reason" such as robbery, assault, etc. And must back that claim up with police reports.

Are the police reports a matter of public record? It doesn't say the report has to be about such crimes with YOU as the victim. Gather up several such reports from an area near you. Claim that the frequency of such crimes creates your need for personal protection. Maryland isn't that big a state. It's close to DC where there's plenty of such crimes. The law doesn't say the report has to be from your state even.
How ignorant to have to wait to be a victim to be able to protect yourself. Then it's one incident too late for you.

I live in a pretty low crime area. It would be difficult to 'prove need'. I'm anxiously awaiting to see how this all plays out.