Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Could you pass a Facebook background check? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/could-you-pass-facebook-background-check-45901/)

clip11 07-28-2011 03:02 AM

Could you pass a Facebook background check?

This is for companies (and Big Brother) to make sure you have the correct thoughts. By correct, I mean politically correct. Im pretty sure that having a pro 2nd amendment opinion is one of those bad thoughts that the government deems offensive.

aandabooks 07-28-2011 03:11 AM

Never been on Facebook or any of the other social media sites. So no problem.

AcidFlashGordon 07-28-2011 03:28 AM

I, too, have never been on any of those social gadfly mindless holes. As for the "naughty thoughts" foolishness, let any of these assmunches come close to passing a TS/SSBI (Top Secret/Single Scope Background Investigation). I seriously doubt any of these morons could qualify for a T.S. security clearance.

And, seriously, I've got this nimrod's naughty thoughts hanging.....:p

clip11 07-28-2011 03:34 AM

This is scary because if you have the 'wrong thoughts', you can be branded as a criminal and a terrorists, and consequently, have your 2nd amendment rights taken away. The wrong thoughts are, but are not limited to:

1. Pro 2nd amendment
2. Anti-homosexuality
3. Anti-abortion
4. Libertarian party supporter
5. Pro-christianity

towboater 07-28-2011 03:43 AM

1. Pro 2nd amendment
2. Anti-homosexuality
3. Anti-abortion
4. Libertarian party supporter
5. Pro-christianity

Dang!!!! Thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpttango30 07-28-2011 03:54 AM

I dunno I work in a school system. I have NRA plates that read MR GUN. I have a BIG white firearmstalk.com sticker on the back window. I openly discus my love of shooting and firearms.

I have had teachers bring students to me to talk about firearms safety. I don't openly express a lot of my feelings at work.

Then again I am not anti-gay, anti-abortion (TO A POINT).

Then again my boss leaves me alone unless something breaks. Then she calls me and I fix it.

doctherock 07-28-2011 05:59 AM

They make privacy settings for a reason on those sites.

danf_fl 07-28-2011 09:33 AM

What if you support capital punishment or are against PETA?

winds-of-change 07-28-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 551456)
What if you support capital punishment or are against PETA?

YOU'RE FIRED!! :p

bkt 07-28-2011 11:22 AM

Meh. This doesn't bother me. In fact, it's capitalism in action: companies scan social networking sites for specific people to get an idea of what they support and don't support. If they're making money doing it, great.

Personally, I don't want to work for someone who thinks my ideas are no good, so it can be mutually beneficial.

Some companies or other entities that are working toward a specific social goal can benefit from learning about prospective employees this way. If you're a pro-2A group, you don't want to bring in people who pretend to be pro-gun when they are really anti-gun folks hoping to sabotage your efforts.

As always, don't post stuff online that you wouldn't put on a billboard. Don't be like Chris Lee or Anthony Weiner.